Greg Eden

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Greg Eden

Post by Casmoley » 16 Apr 2018, 18:18

heritage1926 wrote:
Max n paddy wrote:Maybe waiting for the harder pitches for Lo’s debut?
Got a feeling we signed Lo, just to stop other teams getting him. Wasn't he the top try scorer in the Championship last year?

2 years part time, he needs tome to adjust. Minikin wasn't thrown in straight away, egodo hasn't been thrown in. Why should Lo walk into the team? let him learn his trade, get up to speed with full time training then when he's earnt his spot, give him it.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 May 2018, 10:35

Desperate for this player to get back on the field.
Seems to have been out all season.
Any news on when he’ll return.
Heard it was a possibility for last week but that didn’t happen.
Really hope he’s back for magic. If not it’s a worry, could he be gone for season.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 15 May 2018, 11:18

old cas lass wrote:Desperate for this player to get back on the field.
Seems to have been out all season.
Any news on when he’ll return.
Heard it was a possibility for last week but that didn’t happen.
Really hope he’s back for magic. If not it’s a worry, could he be gone for season.
Agreed.

We miss Greg in just more than the try scoring department. He's easily our best back for making metres from kick returns and carries out of our half to relieve the forwards.

Also we would of scored a lot more tries this season had he been in the side, there's been a fair few times where wingers who have filled in for him, have had open space for the corner, but have decided to come back inside and bombed the chance, Greg is the only winger we have that pins his ears back and goes for the corner every time, usually quite spectacularly.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 May 2018, 11:34

We could have had Martin offiah in his prime on our wing this past 2 month and it would have made no difference to results.the flow and speed of our play just isn’t creating much for our wingers at the moment.without a recognised fullback and Luke gale that isn’t going to change much

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 May 2018, 13:42

Scoopage wrote:We could have had Martin offiah in his prime on our wing this past 2 month and it would have made no difference to results.the flow and speed of our play just isn’t creating much for our wingers at the moment.without a recognised fullback and Luke gale that isn’t going to change much
I disagree slightly. I agree chances have been limited, and with a recognised fullback there would be a lot more chances, but there have been several opportunities on the left wing this year that Greg would have finished due to his pace. The most recent being against Saints on Saturday. Jy cut inside with the corner begging. I'm fairly confident Greg would have gone in there. We saw in 40 mins at Huddersfield how much we missed his pace out wide, skipping round their winger with ease to go in for the try (and doing his hamstring at the same time mind)

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 May 2018, 13:48

Fair point but I don’t think we would have won anymore games.the only one I would say would have gave us a chance is hull away where turner hit touch and would have put us within a score where Greg would have scored easy.apart from that no extra points on the board I don’t think

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 May 2018, 13:52

Yeah, I'd go with that to be fair mate, but that Hull game was a 4 pointer and we'd be in a great spot just with that win extra. Small margins this year. I'm still a glass half full person though, and still think we'll be pushing for the 4 come the end. It all starts Sunday with a win against Leeds COYF

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 May 2018, 14:16

I just hope we’re still well in touching distance of the 4 when we get troops back and we can start to build some momentum for the super 8s

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 15 May 2018, 15:52

derbystiger wrote:Yeah, I'd go with that to be fair mate, but that Hull game was a 4 pointer and we'd be in a great spot just with that win extra. Small margins this year. I'm still a glass half full person though, and still think we'll be pushing for the 4 come the end. It all starts Sunday with a win against Leeds COYF
Hope not. I've booked to go on Saturday :dance:

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 May 2018, 16:31

^^ Good job I can't make it this year, I'd be going on wrong day :oops: :oops:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 May 2018, 16:34

So no one knows if he’s back this week.
Nice picture of the boys on the field, Greg is with them but so is gale.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 15 May 2018, 16:40

Scoopage wrote:I just hope we’re still well in touching distance of the 4 when we get troops back and we can start to build some momentum for the super 8s
Only way we stay in touching distance is if we beat Leeds Saturday and Wire in a few week time. It's absolutely crucial now we beat the teams around us. It would help also if we could take 20 points off Widnes, Catalan, Huddersfield, Salford and Hull KR (essentially the bottom 5) - KR especially when we play them back to back.