Greg Eden

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Greg Eden

Post by cogito ergo sum » 10 Apr 2018, 11:52

derbystiger wrote:
jackknife wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:Clare has done ok, safe under the ball and solid defensively. In attack he can only feed off the inside, and we have yet to get out of second gear. The pitches haven't suited our backs yet.
Clare is safe but iv seen a few chances hes had that eden would of finished, i dont think clare would of finished edens try on sun either.
My thoughts too. Clare does a fairly solid job and hasn't really put a foot wrong, but thats it - he doesn't have the ability to make a half chance into a scoring opportunity. Good squad player though and doesn't let us down when called upon.
Maybe he wouldn't have finished Eden's try, but the debate was about who plays with Eden absent.

heppy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by heppy » 10 Apr 2018, 12:23

for the first time in years we lack real pace.Eden showed how we have missed it in those brief seconds on sunday

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Apr 2018, 14:24

powell saying he's having a scan but they think its not as bad as last time and hope he'll be back soon.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 10 Apr 2018, 17:11

cogito ergo sum wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
jackknife wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:Clare has done ok, safe under the ball and solid defensively. In attack he can only feed off the inside, and we have yet to get out of second gear. The pitches haven't suited our backs yet.
Clare is safe but iv seen a few chances hes had that eden would of finished, i dont think clare would of finished edens try on sun either.
My thoughts too. Clare does a fairly solid job and hasn't really put a foot wrong, but thats it - he doesn't have the ability to make a half chance into a scoring opportunity. Good squad player though and doesn't let us down when called upon.
Maybe he wouldn't have finished Eden's try, but the debate was about who plays with Eden absent.
Ok, i think jy has the skill needed to finish tries from nothing a lot better than clare but clare is safer under high ball n maybe slightly better defensively so DP has to choose between going defensive with clare or offensive with jy n so far hes chose clare.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Apr 2018, 17:23

for a short term till eden is back would not bother with clare or jy . I think I would go with wardle at centre and shenton on wing worked really well against hull shenton finished is two try's very well and would make that side very strong defensively . we have enough forwards to relies wardle to centre shenton as plenty off pace for wing and can finish well.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 10 Apr 2018, 17:33

flow wrote:for a short term till eden is back would not bother with clare or jy . I think I would go with wardle at centre and shenton on wing worked really well against hull shenton finished is two try's very well and would make that side very strong defensively . we have enough forwards to relies wardle to centre shenton as plenty off pace for wing and can finish well.
Not a bad shout that, but whats the point in having the amount of back up wingers that we have and then playing people out of position? Lo has to be worth a run to see how he goes?

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 10 Apr 2018, 17:36

I think Clare best option when either winger missing, solid in defence, as good as, if not better than Eden, same applies for high ball, he’s no slouch and has shown finishing skill, but not a player in league as good as Eden when it comes to finishing. Got to keep Shenny in centres unless emergency like Sunday. Jy good too, but Sticks has edge in defence and under high ball.
Danny Boy

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 10 Apr 2018, 17:53

I really liked what I saw in egodo's defence on the warm up games, albeit at centre, looked really strong. Shenton's back is probably too dodgy to be doing all the flying finishes that wingers do nowerdays. Lo is an interesting one but isn't he still injured?
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Apr 2018, 17:55

Danny Boy wrote:I think Clare best option when either winger missing, solid in defence, as good as, if not better than Eden, same applies for high ball, he’s no slouch and has shown finishing skill, but not a player in league as good as Eden when it comes to finishing. Got to keep Shenny in centres unless emergency like Sunday. Jy good too, but Sticks has edge in defence and under high ball.
clare would not have bieng signed if left to powell shenton on wing best option people are scared off change wardle and shenton would be a great partnership in till eden is back why as shenton got to play centre :-k

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 10 Apr 2018, 18:27

derbystiger wrote:
jackknife wrote:
I agree derby

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Apr 2018, 18:29

flow wrote:
Danny Boy wrote:I think Clare best option when either winger missing, solid in defence, as good as, if not better than Eden, same applies for high ball, he’s no slouch and has shown finishing skill, but not a player in league as good as Eden when it comes to finishing. Got to keep Shenny in centres unless emergency like Sunday. Jy good too, but Sticks has edge in defence and under high ball.
clare would not have bieng signed if left to powell
That’s BS and Steve Gill confirmed as much at Meet The Directors evening last month.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Apr 2018, 18:39

don't believe every thing your told they not going to say other wise lol

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Apr 2018, 18:56

You look at edens try on sunday again its out of top draw huddersfield bloke never was able to put a finger on him as he ran outside of him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Apr 2018, 19:43

flow wrote:don't believe every thing your told they not going to say other wise lol
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 10 Apr 2018, 20:40

flow wrote:don't believe every thing your told they not going to say other wise lol
If he didn't want him then he damn sure wouldn't play him would he?
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 10 Apr 2018, 22:33

Is it just me that wants to see Garry Lo unleashed. For me Clare has lost pace, average finisher and suspect under high ball, he was a signing we stole from under the noses of York City Knights, whilst a quota player remains our 5th choice winger. I'm also a fan of Wardle n Shenton combo whilst Eden recovers. Anything but James Clare.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Apr 2018, 07:05

Me as well mate. Don’t agree with putting Shenny on the wing though, especially when we have a natural winger like Lo waiting for an opportunity.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Apr 2018, 08:17

Jonny1975 wrote:Is it just me that wants to see Garry Lo unleashed. For me Clare has lost pace, average finisher and suspect under high ball, he was a signing we stole from under the noses of York City Knights, whilst a quota player remains our 5th choice winger. I'm also a fan of Wardle n Shenton combo whilst Eden recovers. Anything but James Clare.
Were are good at wasting quota spots.

Clark - out on loan with no foreseeable opportunity in the first team.
Lo - out on loan with no foreseeable opportunity in the first team.
JY - DP seems to want to pick Clare over him. (maybe his height is the issue for a winger?)

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Apr 2018, 10:10

tigerfeat wrote:You look at edens try on sunday again its out of top draw huddersfield bloke never was able to put a finger on him as he ran outside of him
The fullback gave Eden the outside then couldn't get within 10 feet of him and he's no slouch.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 12 Apr 2018, 20:18

fords wrote:
Jonny1975 wrote:Is it just me that wants to see Garry Lo unleashed. For me Clare has lost pace, average finisher and suspect under high ball, he was a signing we stole from under the noses of York City Knights, whilst a quota player remains our 5th choice winger. I'm also a fan of Wardle n Shenton combo whilst Eden recovers. Anything but James Clare.
Were are good at wasting quota spots.

Clark - out on loan with no foreseeable opportunity in the first team.
Lo - out on loan with no foreseeable opportunity in the first team.
JY - DP seems to want to pick Clare over him. (maybe his height is the issue for a winger?)
I agree