Huddersfield away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Huddersfield away

Post by fords » 08 Apr 2018, 19:56

Mucky1978 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:You dont turn on your own fans when they dont sing along when you want them too, pathetic from lads at back today
Drunk idiots half of them couldn’t even walk out in a straight like.
Every club has them. We just seem to have alot more than other clubs do.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 08 Apr 2018, 20:02

Weird game that today. Could easily have been 40 up at half time if a few passes had stuck/not been thrown into touch. If the pass from Webster in second half goes to hand the games done. Credit Huddersfield for sticking at it in the second half, but if we were as clinical with the passes as last season that game was finished after 30 mins today. But, we keep chalking off the wins. The sign of a good team is to win when not playing how you can. I’m actually getting more confident about the back end of the season as I know there is so much more to come from this team, and we may just peak at the right time. Foster my MOM today. Milner has been a favourite of mine for a while now, but he has to stop with the silly penalties - he’s putting us under a lot of pressure at the moment. The group of lads at the back were a total embarrassment today at times

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 08 Apr 2018, 20:04

Looking at the table 8 games in. 9, 10, 11 games for other teams.... It's clear that the table will be split in 2 this year. Top 6 how it currently is and bottom 6.

Saints and Wigan look the 2 best teams at present. I think the other 4, US, Warrington, Leeds and Hull will be fighting for last 2 top 4 spots.

We still ain't performing to our best but to be 1 point off 4th with a game in hand is pretty good.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 08 Apr 2018, 20:16

I think all of us that attended the game would concur that Gadwin had a good solid game. All those that follow twitter and Facebook from their armchairs thought he was pants. I rest my case!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 08 Apr 2018, 20:31

daytona wrote:I think all of us that attended the game would concur that Gadwin had a good solid game. All those that follow twitter and Facebook from their armchairs thought he was pants. I rest my case!
He didnt do anything wrong today that I saw. He didn’t do anything special, but was fairly solid enough in what he did do.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Apr 2018, 21:28

InTheKnow wrote:Looking at the table 8 games in. 9, 10, 11 games for other teams.... It's clear that the table will be split in 2 this year. Top 6 how it currently is and bottom 6.

Saints and Wigan look the 2 best teams at present. I think the other 4, US, Warrington, Leeds and Hull will be fighting for last 2 top 4 spots.

We still ain't performing to our best but to be 1 point off 4th with a game in hand is pretty good.
You may be right about the top two but Wigan’s first half last night was worse than our second today and the ref gave Catalans nothing. We will know better after our game at Wigan

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 08 Apr 2018, 22:30

Wardle injured?
Audacter Et Sincere

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 08 Apr 2018, 22:58

fords wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:You dont turn on your own fans when they dont sing along when you want them too, pathetic from lads at back today
Really? You honestly think we have more idiots than other clubs [-(

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 08 Apr 2018, 23:45

derbystiger wrote:Weird game that today. Could easily have been 40 up at half time if a few passes had stuck/not been thrown into touch. If the pass from Webster in second half goes to hand the games done. Credit Huddersfield for sticking at it in the second half, but if we were as clinical with the passes as last season that game was finished after 30 mins today. But, we keep chalking off the wins. The sign of a good team is to win when not playing how you can. I’m actually getting more confident about the back end of the season as I know there is so much more to come from this team, and we may just peak at the right time. Foster my MOM today. Milner has been a favourite of mine for a while now, but he has to stop with the silly penalties - he’s putting us under a lot of pressure at the moment. The group of lads at the back were a total embarrassment today at times
Agree regarding Milner. Can't fault his effort or commitment but he gives away far too many cheap penalties for hand on the ball or pushing after the tackle

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 09 Apr 2018, 07:43

Mysterio wrote:Wardle injured?

just tired. he came back on at the end. looked sharp, him and watts will bring something different for sure.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 09 Apr 2018, 08:05

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
fords wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:
Really? You honestly think we have more idiots than other clubs [-(
Yes

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 09 Apr 2018, 09:02

We might be trying some one new at hooker this Sunday Thaler was not happy with both MC Shane and Milner, were they both put on report ?? , the wheel certainly came off the barrow the second half Huddersfield playing their second string back line excluding one, why the hell we kept playing the game in the forwards instead of exploiting their backs is beyond me, but as it as been said a win is a win another two points in the bag

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 09 Apr 2018, 09:09

8 games in to the season (for us) and im still yet to come away from a game happy. But 2 points is 2 points and up the board we go.

I will say one thing, Alex Foster just may be the best find we have made in the last decade. Some player is this lad. It's a shame players like Maher and Springer haven't got his heart and desire.
Last edited by heritage1926 on 09 Apr 2018, 09:19, edited 1 time in total.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Apr 2018, 09:14

Thaler is ridiculous when he refs us. He is so quick to penalise us for every little thing we do. He has been like that for years. He isnt so keen with other teams.

Whilst some of the decisions are right his inconsistency is dire, especially when he refs us against Wigan and Leeds. I try not to blame the ref too often but just this last 2/3 years they get worse.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 09 Apr 2018, 09:18

double post

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Apr 2018, 09:35

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Thaler is ridiculous when he refs us. He is so quick to penalise us for every little thing we do. He has been like that for years. He isnt so keen with other teams.

Whilst some of the decisions are right his inconsistency is dire, especially when he refs us against Wigan and Leeds. I try not to blame the ref too often but just this last 2/3 years they get worse.
Penalty count 9-9.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Apr 2018, 09:46

Thats as maybe but my point was how quick he is to penalise us but not the other team as quickly for the same thing.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 09 Apr 2018, 09:52

[tweet][/tweet]
cogito ergo sum wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Thaler is ridiculous when he refs us. He is so quick to penalise us for every little thing we do. He has been like that for years. He isnt so keen with other teams.

Penalty count 9-9.

Depends where about on the field he gives them.
Does he favour the opposition and penalises us in our own half, and penalises the opposition in our half which will put extra pressure on our line.

I agree with what’s been said about Milner, he does tend to mess about in the tackle far to long. Daryll needs a quiet word with him.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 09 Apr 2018, 10:29

heritage1926 wrote:8 games in to the season (for us) and im still yet to come away from a game happy. But 2 points is 2 points and up the board we go.

I will say one thing, Alex Foster just may be the best find we have made in the last decade. Some player is this lad. It's a shame players like Maher and Springer haven't got his heart and desire.
Mcshane and Foster picks for man of match for me. Foster is so impressive and versatile. Come on leaps and bounds. I didn't understand all the fuss last year but since he has bulked up he has been one if our best this year.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 09 Apr 2018, 10:45

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Thats as maybe but my point was how quick he is to penalise us but not the other team as quickly for the same thing.

You mean like how he penalised huddersfield heavily in the first half and carded one of their players... which contributed heavily to it all being won by halftime.

That biased bar-steward!