Big rap to Cooky

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Big rap to Cooky

Post by init » 24 Mar 2018, 10:57

Dosen't get a lot of mentions but I thought he was awesome last night.....took 3/4 players with him and still made metres.

Tackled his heart out.

well done sir.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Big rap to Cooky

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Mar 2018, 11:26

Luke Gale criticised Cooks defensive positioning during the touch screen with John Wells. Can't see DP or Cooky being too pleased with that.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Mar 2018, 12:35

cogito ergo sum wrote:Luke Gale criticised Cooks defensive positioning during the touch screen with John Wells. Can't see DP or Cooky being too pleased with that.

Why? they'll do exactly the same in video review. they're all men and all teammates.

Crapbag

Post by Crapbag » 24 Mar 2018, 13:35

Cooky was fantastic last night in defence and taking the ball up. Anyone who puts green in front of him needs there head looking at. Green for me is too upright and very lightweight in the tackle, Clarke deserves his shot over green for me now.

COYF

It’s the last

Post by It’s the last » 24 Mar 2018, 13:45

Thought cook was great last night did the hard graft taken the ball up and making the yards keeps he’s spot on bench for would like to see Clark given game time over Easter period if he can be called back

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 24 Mar 2018, 14:14

Cooky was fantastic I thought. I'm not gonna comment on Green today as I'm in a positive mood and don't want to put anything negative today :D

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 24 Mar 2018, 17:20

Cooky has been super consistent since the day he joined us. And was the most consistent player in an awful London team before that. Maybe not the flashiest but gets on and does a job. Well worth an extension imo.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 24 Mar 2018, 17:53

Green reminds me of Maher, big and tall but goes down like a sack of spuds when tackled. Get him out of the team and give Clark a go. Also Watts in for Wakey game. Can't wait to see him play in a Cas shirt he's just the prop we need.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Mar 2018, 21:13

cooky looked strong as a bull last night but as some one else has said green runs too upright. with him been so tall and lanky its easy for tacklers to get under his ribs and drive him backwards. perhaps needs to work on his running style.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Mar 2018, 21:18

I'm not sure about Green's "engine", to use modern parlance. Yes, we need size, but not for 10 minutes each game. All the team need to defend as well as attack, and to me Green doesn't cover the ground effectively.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 25 Mar 2018, 00:37

init wrote:Dosen't get a lot of mentions but I thought he was awesome last night.....took 3/4 players with him and still made metres.

Tackled his heart out.

well done sir.
I'm a big fan of Cooky. Always makes yards and disrupts the defence. Big heart.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 25 Mar 2018, 09:19

Every team needs a Cook.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 25 Mar 2018, 09:29

cogito ergo sum wrote:Every team needs a Cook.
Especially when it’s BBQ weather!
Seriously though, Cooky has been a great signing for us, a no nonsense grafter of a prop who does the hard yards and gives his all!
Danny Boy

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 25 Mar 2018, 20:06

I think Powell plays Cooky as a super sub, he’s been awesome for ages, runs well above his weight and takes so many players out of the line !! He was the difference against Widnes too!! Thank you Matt Cooke !!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Mar 2018, 20:32

One player to come out of final with credit i hung my head when we signed him powell was spot on again tho
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 26 Mar 2018, 00:35

I thought he went well in his first stint with us.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 26 Mar 2018, 09:12

Rated Cook in his first stint with us, kicked on massively and great bench player to come on and add impact. But for me Foster has to be up there as one of the best we've signed for a while. What a tough kid he is, looks comfortablty anywhere he plays in the pack and hasn't let us down once since he pulled that shirt on. To think he was deemed not good enough for Bradford mid last year is testimant to the lad on how far he's come.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Mar 2018, 09:53

Casmoley wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:Luke Gale criticised Cooks defensive positioning during the touch screen with John Wells. Can't see DP or Cooky being too pleased with that.

Why? they'll do exactly the same in video review. they're all men and all teammates.
The on screen bit with Jon is really good but you don't want to give away all your secrets.

Gale was right about cook being in the wrong side but a bit of heat had to go to the fullback to position retreating players. Dorn was good at that.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 26 Mar 2018, 10:19

mart0042 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

The on screen bit with Jon is really good but you don't want to give away all your secrets.

Gale was right about cook being in the wrong side but a bit of heat had to go to the fullback to position retreating players. Dorn was good at that.

they all do it. I'm pretty sure a top coach can watch video and tell the hooker to look for players going the wrong side of the ruck. Defo the full backs job but Cooky doesn't even look up at the full back, fatigue and laziness. Everyone has one lapse in a game at some some!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Mar 2018, 10:24

Casmoley wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

they all do it. I'm pretty sure a top coach can watch video and tell the hooker to look for players going the wrong side of the ruck. Defo the full backs job but Cooky doesn't even look up at the full back, fatigue and laziness. Everyone has one lapse in a game at some some!
They certainly had reason to be fatigued. I needed a lie down after!