Best and worst......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Skulcrusher

Re: Best and worst......

Post by Skulcrusher » 23 Mar 2018, 23:35

nottinghamtiger wrote:We’ve just beaten Leeds, who were high on confidence after their win against Saints last week, with Eden, Shenton, JSL, Wardle, Watts and Holmes watching from the stand.
This, it was a great win!!!!

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 23 Mar 2018, 23:36

we have a bad habit of getting sucked into the other team game plan, cut it out play our own game
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 23 Mar 2018, 23:38

Di wrote:we have a bad habit of getting sucked into the other team game plan, cut it out play our own game
Exactly when leeds started niggling we got sucked in. A wins a win though but lot of work needs to be done.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 23 Mar 2018, 23:41

Winners are grinners...

Missed Shenton's defence in centre. Probably one of Handley's tries and Watkin's try would have been stopped.
Game management poor. Twice tackled into touch early in count, when a more conservative approach was the choice.
However, we are misfiring because we are stop - start, and still just lost one. Six players out, JSL, Shenny, Wardle, Olly, Eden, Watts. That's nearly half of 13!

I'll take the win.

Surreycasfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Surreycasfan » 23 Mar 2018, 23:45

Come on guys. So much negativity.
Things to work on sure..... But bloody hell, we beat them in their own back yard with half a team.
Remember those on here who said 'middle 8's' - shut up. We are real challengers already.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 23 Mar 2018, 23:46

cogito ergo sum wrote:Winners are grinners...

Missed Shenton's defence in centre. Probably one of Handley's tries and Watkin's try would have been stopped.
Game management poor. Twice tackled into touch early in count, when a more conservative approach was the choice.
However, we are misfiring because we are stop - start, and still just lost one. Six players out, JSL, Shenny, Wardle, Olly, Eden, Watts. That's nearly half of 13!

I'll take the win.
Spot on.

We have to stop those panicky plays. We don't have to score worldly tries in the corner in tight games. Get a repeat set. Grind it out. Force errors. Sicken the opposition. We did it 3 times and they went back up the paddock and scored each time.

That said - 2 points. We move on to Wakey in 6 days.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Mar 2018, 23:54

Powell wont be happy but were getting into form without not playing near are best , good players sat in stand still to come in all good
truman might be a shout at fullback at some point
loved foster smashing mullally
always good beat leeds
COYF
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

peter parker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by peter parker » 23 Mar 2018, 23:58

Imagine someone telling you in 2012 that you would beat leeds at Elland Road and you would be disappointed.

Wins a win. Even better that we beat them and we clearly aren't at our best. EVEN better that they scored more tries than us and we still beat them.
Last edited by peter parker on 24 Mar 2018, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 23 Mar 2018, 23:59

We're still misfiring, had disruption from two postponed matches and a stand full of first team players missing but we still walked away with the win.

It wasn't perfect and our defence looked weak in large parts of the game but in the end it didn't matter. We'll continue to get better over the course of the season.

Also wish every SL match could be played in those stadiums with 20k+ fans. Makes such a difference to the game.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 24 Mar 2018, 00:23

That was a great win. When the teams were read out I feared the worst, however the boys found a way and did the travelling support proud. If we get anywhere near a full team out we are going to be tough to stop.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 24 Mar 2018, 00:48

Good to get the win but we’ll need to improve to pick up the points over easter. I’ll put it down to a lack of games because of the weather but we are a way off a good 80 minute performamce at present. Need to keep our composure better.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 24 Mar 2018, 01:16

I will be one of the first to put my hand up and say I/we need to back the guys more even if I/we feel we are up against it. This team has guts, nuts and a will to dig it out more than most Cas teams I have seen in my 50 years.

Our coach is fantastic at getting the best out of every player and we absolute dig in when we need to.

I have always been a proud Cas fan and even nore so lately. Well done boys, phenominal.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: