Move on - Leeds @ Elland Road

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Move on - Leeds @ Elland Road

Post by InTheKnow » 18 Mar 2018, 20:22

Tough game. Leeds look a solid team this year putting in some real good defensive performances. They would be unbeaten if they didn't rest most of team vs Widnes week after their Australia trip. Our attack hasn't been great so far apart from a few moments.

Can we get a win and prove we are still best team in Yorkshire?

Should take a huge crowd over with us. Most being Leeds United fans and much easier to access from a train ride to the city. Just hope sky cameras don't put a few off. Let's get over in numbers.

Will we break the SL record which Leeds are pushing?

Our backs are pretty straightforward. But with Ogi, Wardle and Watts not playing in the forwards.

How should we line up?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Move on - Leeds @ Elland Road

Post by Casmoley » 18 Mar 2018, 20:30

InTheKnow wrote:Tough game. Leeds look a solid team this year putting in some real good defensive performances. They would be unbeaten if they didn't rest most of team vs Widnes week after their Australia trip. Our attack hasn't been great so far apart from a few moments.

Should take a huge crowd over with us. Most being Leeds United fans and much easier to access from a train ride to the city. Just hope sky cameras don't put a few off. Let's get over in numbers.

Our backs are pretty straightforward. But with Ogi, Wardle and Watts not playing in the forwards.

How should we line up?

Will probably go with same 19. However I have heard shenton injured with a bad back and Jesse in a knee brace.....

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Mar 2018, 20:36

InTheKnow wrote:Tough game. Leeds look a solid team this year putting in some real good defensive performances. They would be unbeaten if they didn't rest most of team vs Widnes week after their Australia trip. Our attack hasn't been great so far apart from a few moments.

How should we line up?
Most cas fans are leeds united fans ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 18 Mar 2018, 20:59

Me and the lad are. Season ticket holder and be 50 years in November since I stsrted going.

Not that anyone needs to know, just saying like. :dance:

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 18 Mar 2018, 21:36

tigerfeat wrote:

How should we line up?
I would hope so. Too many Yorkshire folk supporting over-the-Pennines teams for my liking

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Mar 2018, 21:44

Sheffield Wednesday family here.
Oops sorry for that. 2 1 yesterday.....not :D

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 18 Mar 2018, 22:16

Nu Shooze wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:

How should we line up?
I would hope so. Too many Yorkshire folk supporting over-the-Pennines teams for my liking
Never understood how Cas fans can support anything to do with Leeds. If you want to back a Yorkshire side can behind the Terriers.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 18 Mar 2018, 22:24

tigerfeat wrote:

How should we line up?
Maybe not most. But a pretty high percentage will be for sure. I know lads who don't go to away games anyway but can't wait for Friday at "Elland Road"

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Mar 2018, 22:42

They have a lot of injuries at the moment and according to the rugby league papers both Watkins and Golding are out with head knocks too.

I don’t believe that though as I’m sure it’s only 5 days for concussion providing the test is passed so they should both be ok from Fri to Fri.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Mar 2018, 08:50

HuddsTigers wrote:They have a lot of injuries at the moment and according to the rugby league papers both Watkins and Golding are out with head knocks too.

I don’t believe that though as I’m sure it’s only 5 days for concussion providing the test is passed so they should both be ok from Fri to Fri.
Day 6 is the first time they can play after a head knock if they pass the tests

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Mar 2018, 09:11

I see lots our fans follow both Soccer and rugby, there must be something wrong in my D+A I cant stand soccer but take in as many games of rugby league winter and summer as I possibly can, on to our game V Leeds we will have to improve our performance it may be the condition of the grounds this year that's making our moves look a lot slower, boy wasn't we spoilt last year ??

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 19 Mar 2018, 10:07

Leeds Utd made a bit of a gaff recently. Whilst promoting the Rhino's Vs Tigers game against Brentford they announced "don't forget Leeds fans to get your tickets for Rhino's Vs Tigers blah, blah". It was quickly pointed out to them that quite a high proportion of Leeds Utd fans support Tigers.

Making a few errors recently - remember the ill-fated new badge anyone ?

Castiger2017
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castiger2017 » 19 Mar 2018, 12:55

Where’s best place to park near elland road ?
Somewhere there is a fair chance of my car still being there at the end of the game

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 19 Mar 2018, 13:27

Castiger2017 wrote:Where’s best place to park near elland road ?
Somewhere there is a fair chance of my car still being there at the end of the game
LS12 6BS and walk through the underpass

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 19 Mar 2018, 13:42

Park on one of the streets near Clayton Hotel LS11 and walk over - Sweet Street, Manor Rd, etc. About a 20 min walk away and close enough to the centre to not have your windows bricked.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Mar 2018, 13:55

Tigerade wrote:Leeds Utd made a bit of a gaff recently. Whilst promoting the Rhino's Vs Tigers game against Brentford they announced "don't forget Leeds fans to get your tickets for Rhino's Vs Tigers blah, blah". It was quickly pointed out to them that quite a high proportion of Leeds Utd fans support Tigers.

Making a few errors recently - remember the ill-fated new badge anyone ?
I don’t get why that’s a gaff? Isn’t everyone attending a Leeds football match, barring away fans, a Leeds fan (Leeds Utd)?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Castiger2017
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castiger2017 » 19 Mar 2018, 13:56

Beth wrote:
Park on one of the streets near Clayton Hotel LS11 and walk over - Sweet Street, Manor Rd, etc. About a 20 min walk away and close enough to the centre to not have your windows bricked.
Cheers but not sure I want to walk my children 20 mins thru Holbeck on a Friday night.is the one next to ground still used?

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 19 Mar 2018, 14:23

Castiger2017 wrote:
Beth wrote:
Cheers but not sure I want to walk my children 20 mins thru Holbeck on a Friday night.is the one next to ground still used?
Yeah £6

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 19 Mar 2018, 14:24

Always parked at the top of the hill behind the Co-op. Never had any problems in almost 50 years. Plenty of space and easy to get away afterwards.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Mar 2018, 14:25

What are the ticket sales like so far, anyone know?