Weekend Weather Watch

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Weekend Weather Watch

Post by duke street 10 » 18 Mar 2018, 11:21

old cas lass wrote:
alftupper wrote:Lots of pessimism on here over a couple of inches of snow, quite pathetic really. Surely the match will go ahead.
Don't know where you live alf but it was more than a couple of inches.
Lives in Wakefield does Alf ;)

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Mar 2018, 12:02

Matt wrote:
betts21 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
betts21 wrote:Says 1 hour 25 on google maps to dw so cant see why that’s not safe main roads near ground all been gritted pitch will be soft under snow id imagine too?
All hail Google Maps!
Unfortunately, the police who know what is going on in real life have said there is no safe route between Wigan and Castleford. Game off.
Worlds gone soft!
We’ll be seeing you playing on a frozen pitch sometime soon the ?

I’d the pitch is frozen and stands are the same then safety for the players and fans come first.
Wipe ur inbetween bits girls!
Going on the games that were played yesterday I’m sure the pitch would have been no worse than those games and tbf back when I played was winter rugby so I’ve played in conditions like that the worlds gone soft was tongue in cheek get over it! I don’t think there were no safe roads to the game I can fully understand if the ground was deemed unsafe due to all snow just a shame we couldn’t have done something to try get it on if we have a decent cup run this year could be hard to fit the games in without having a 3 games in 8 days scenario or playing in the England Denver game week when we might lose some players

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Mar 2018, 12:06

betts21 wrote:
Matt wrote:
betts21 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
betts21 wrote:Says 1 hour 25 on google maps to dw so cant see why that’s not safe main roads near ground all been gritted pitch will be soft under snow id imagine too?
All hail Google Maps!
Unfortunately, the police who know what is going on in real life have said there is no safe route between Wigan and Castleford. Game off.
Worlds gone soft!
We’ll be seeing you playing on a frozen pitch sometime soon the ?

I’d the pitch is frozen and stands are the same then safety for the players and fans come first.
I don’t think there were no safe roads to the game
Man at home on internet knows more about road conditions than police forces who are responsible for roads.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 18 Mar 2018, 12:23

nottinghamtiger wrote: Man at home on internet knows more about road conditions than police forces who are responsible for roads.
Don't know about the roads the cops are looking at but i drove to lincoln this morning from ponte all main roads were cleared on my way to the m62/a1 junction.

There are folks here from chorley, preston, manchester etc who said things are bad their way but the main roads are mostly passable including the m62 - those from lancashire having gone m62-a1 due to road closures.

As for the ground: if the ground isn't playable its not playable. I won't criticise any match official for making that call.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Mar 2018, 12:30

Squaddie86 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote: Man at home on internet knows more about road conditions than police forces who are responsible for roads.
Don't know about the roads the cops are looking at but i drove to lincoln this morning from ponte all main roads were cleared on my way to the m62/a1 junction.

There are folks here from chorley, preston, manchester etc who said things are bad their way but the main roads are mostly passable including the m62 - those from lancashire having gone m62-a1 due to road closures.

As for the ground: if the ground isn't playable its not playable. I won't criticise any match official for making that call.
Don’t dare say the roads are passable there is No safe route from Wigan to cas!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Mar 2018, 12:31

Don’t know why people are talking about police. The statement doesn’t make any reference to police or anything to do with roads between Wigan and Cas.

In fact, it’s quite clear that it’s the pitch and terracing that’s the problem and as you can imagine, it’s much harder to clear four stands and cater for a crowd of 9.5k people than say 700 at Post Office Road all who will be sat in one covered stand.

Comparing chalk and cheese. Similarly, the very fact a game was played yesterday at Post Office Rd which has limited earlier snow fall as well as protecting parking areas from getting iced over is also likely to have had an impact.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Mar 2018, 12:41

Suns out now ;)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Mar 2018, 12:45

duke street 10 wrote:More prep time to turn Leeds over at that neutral venue,every cloud ;)
yeah but it means the bans for Oli and Watts are pushed further down the line now.

But may also means Eden and Wardle miss less games (all depends how long they are out for ) if it was 4 weeks they may be back for Rhinos or Wakey now ?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Mar 2018, 12:52

Any of you wanting a rugby league fix Normanton Knights V Rochdale in the challenge cup on BBC I player 3 CAS EX under 19S academy players on view Clark Thompson, Conner Taylor and Tom Carrol

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Mar 2018, 12:56

As well as Richard Lepori for Rochdale.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Mar 2018, 12:59

HuddsTigers wrote:Don’t know why people are talking about police. The statement doesn’t make any reference to police or anything to do with roads between Wigan and Cas.

In fact, it’s quite clear that it’s the pitch and terracing that’s the problem and as you can imagine, it’s much harder to clear four stands and cater for a crowd of 9.5k people than say 700 at Post Office Road all who will be sat in one covered stand.

Comparing chalk and cheese. Similarly, the very fact a game was played yesterday at Post Office Rd which has limited earlier snow fall as well as protecting parking areas from getting iced over is also likely to have had an impact.

Now reasons above there are no arguments for and no one can disagree with them shame as a club and fans we couldn’t have done something to try help get the game on. Maybe Powell sees it as if we get the replay on a good track it will be better for us rather than Wigan. Just wonder how it plays for us next week are we better for not having a grulling game today and a short term around or are we abit more under done for missing yet another game?

Distant tiger.

Post by Distant tiger. » 18 Mar 2018, 13:11

The A614 between Middleton on the Wolds and Shiptonthorpe is still closed because of snow.

Myself and many other season ticket holders would not have been able to travel to the game from East Yorkshire .We season ticket holders miss enough games as it is because of Sky.

Isn't Summer Rugby great, we even played our most important game of last season in winter conditions.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 18 Mar 2018, 13:12

Having been out for a walk i'm glad its off!

Yes its melting but parts of the footpaths are icy. Given it was reported that some of our supporters were getting into games last season on forged/cancelled season tickets i wouldn't put it past like minded people claiming they've fallen on the terraces and the club was hit with claims from the ambulance chasers.

The crowd would have been down,so less takings at bars,food outlets etc, the pitch would take even longer to recover had the game got the green light which doesn't help a side who loves to play open rugby.

Finally we are still misfiring in attack, by the time the rearranged games take place the squad might have gelled more.

As for the bleeding hearts for Oli & Liam Watts (though he was at Hull at the time) well if you didn't do the crimes you would have to serve the time out!

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 18 Mar 2018, 14:18

fords wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:More prep time to turn Leeds over at that neutral venue,every cloud ;)
yeah but it means the bans for Oli and Watts are pushed further down the line now.

But may also means Eden and Wardle miss less games (all depends how long they are out for ) if it was 4 weeks they may be back for Rhinos or Wakey now ?
Are they not on loan to Sheffield this weekend?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 18 Mar 2018, 14:24

I'm bored! Should have been in the Boot Room by now with a pint in my hand! :)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Mar 2018, 14:38

Just looking at fixture list.

Wonder if it will be pencilled in for Monday 23rd April. We play Wigan away on TV on 20th April so would give us both 3 day turnarounds and then we have 6 days before our next game against Wakefield.

Wigan play Widnes away on 27th which could be put back too for extra time for them. Avoids any unfair advantage for a midweek game.

Can’t guarantee a CC weekend will be free with Sixth Round and Quarter Finals before split. Would require both of us being knocked out in our first game.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Mar 2018, 15:02

HuddsTigers wrote:Just looking at fixture list.

Wonder if it will be pencilled in for Monday 23rd April. We play Wigan away on TV on 20th April so would give us both 3 day turnarounds and then we have 6 days before our next game against Wakefield.

Wigan play Widnes away on 27th which could be put back too for extra time for them. Avoids any unfair advantage for a midweek game.

Can’t guarantee a CC weekend will be free with Sixth Round and Quarter Finals before split. Would require both of us being knocked out in our first game.
P&C saying Hull KR likely to be in June on international weekend. Would mean no Gale and Meek's for that one but baring injuries should have too much still for them with the squad we have.

No idea when we will fit wigan in.

At least we will be fresh for Easter

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 18 Mar 2018, 15:04

Should play Wigan in international week as they'll have players missing as well.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Mar 2018, 15:06

Spanishtiger wrote:Should play Wigan in international week as they'll have players missing as well.
Yep but I doubt Wigan will go for that for them very reasons. Presume they will have more missing than us.

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 18 Mar 2018, 15:10

fords wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:Should play Wigan in international week as they'll have players missing as well.
Yep but I doubt Wigan will go for that for them very reasons. Presume they will have more missing than us.
I can remember a fixture back in 94/95 time when we had Wigan over an international weekend. Strangely a lot of their players were injured for the England game but fit the following day or 2 to turn out for Wigan against us.

Long live the Tigers!!!