Weekend Weather Watch

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Weekend Weather Watch

Post by betts21 » 18 Mar 2018, 10:24

If batleys games on sure we can get ours on!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Mar 2018, 10:56

betts21 wrote:If batleys games on sure we can get ours on!
It's hard.to believe but some places only a few miles from cas didnt have it as bad as what we did.
It's about can the away team get here.
Can fans in the surrounding areas make it.
Some.roads are near impassible.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 18 Mar 2018, 10:57

Lots of pessimism on here over a couple of inches of snow, quite pathetic really. Surely the match will go ahead.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Mar 2018, 10:57

old cas lass wrote:
betts21 wrote:If batleys games on sure we can get ours on!
It's about can the away team get here.
No. Police have said that there is “no safe route”.
Game will be off regardless of the condition of the pitch.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Mar 2018, 11:00

Says 1 hour 25 on google maps to dw so cant see why that’s not safe main roads near ground all been gritted pitch will be soft under snow id imagine too?

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 18 Mar 2018, 11:03

The match is off now on club website.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Mar 2018, 11:04

betts21 wrote:Says 1 hour 25 on google maps to dw so cant see why that’s not safe main roads near ground all been gritted pitch will be soft under snow id imagine too?
All hail Google Maps!
Unfortunately, the police who know what is going on in real life have said there is no safe route between Wigan and Castleford. Game off.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Mar 2018, 11:05

Can’t believe it’s off again not looking good for a fixture back log suprised we couldn’t get it on yet all other clubs fev York batley all managed it ok god knows when we will fit them all in we seem to be having a tough time agreeing one with hull kr at the moment

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Mar 2018, 11:05

nottinghamtiger wrote:
betts21 wrote:Says 1 hour 25 on google maps to dw so cant see why that’s not safe main roads near ground all been gritted pitch will be soft under snow id imagine too?
All hail Google Maps!
Unfortunately, the police who know what is going on in real life have said there is no safe route between Wigan and Castleford. Game off.
Worlds gone soft!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Mar 2018, 11:10

betts21 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
All hail Google Maps!
Worlds gone soft!
Or the police and ambulance services would rather spend their time fighting crime and saving lives rather than dealing with people stuck on roads who don’t need to be there?

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 18 Mar 2018, 11:11

betts21 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
All hail Google Maps!
Worlds gone soft!
We’ll be seeing you playing on a frozen pitch sometime soon the ?

I’d the pitch is frozen and stands are the same then safety for the players and fans come first.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Mar 2018, 11:14

I love the fact that Cas released the statement before 10.00am saying that the game had been called off following a pitch inspection at 10.00am.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Mar 2018, 11:20

alftupper wrote:Lots of pessimism on here over a couple of inches of snow, quite pathetic really. Surely the match will go ahead.
Don't know where you live alf but it was more than a couple of inches.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Mar 2018, 11:20

nottinghamtiger wrote:I love the fact that Cas released the statement before 10.00am saying that the game had been called off following a pitch inspection at 10.00am.
first person who arrived at ground would have known its a no goer
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 18 Mar 2018, 11:20

More prep time to turn Leeds over at that neutral venue,every cloud ;)

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 18 Mar 2018, 11:21

old cas lass wrote:
alftupper wrote:Lots of pessimism on here over a couple of inches of snow, quite pathetic really. Surely the match will go ahead.
Don't know where you live alf but it was more than a couple of inches.
Lives in Wakefield does Alf ;)

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Mar 2018, 12:02

Matt wrote:
betts21 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
All hail Google Maps!
Worlds gone soft!

I’d the pitch is frozen and stands are the same then safety for the players and fans come first.
Wipe ur inbetween bits girls!
Going on the games that were played yesterday I’m sure the pitch would have been no worse than those games and tbf back when I played was winter rugby so I’ve played in conditions like that the worlds gone soft was tongue in cheek get over it! I don’t think there were no safe roads to the game I can fully understand if the ground was deemed unsafe due to all snow just a shame we couldn’t have done something to try get it on if we have a decent cup run this year could be hard to fit the games in without having a 3 games in 8 days scenario or playing in the England Denver game week when we might lose some players

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Mar 2018, 12:06

betts21 wrote:
Matt wrote:
betts21 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
All hail Google Maps!
Worlds gone soft!

I don’t think there were no safe roads to the game
Man at home on internet knows more about road conditions than police forces who are responsible for roads.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 18 Mar 2018, 12:23

nottinghamtiger wrote: Man at home on internet knows more about road conditions than police forces who are responsible for roads.
Don't know about the roads the cops are looking at but i drove to lincoln this morning from ponte all main roads were cleared on my way to the m62/a1 junction.

There are folks here from chorley, preston, manchester etc who said things are bad their way but the main roads are mostly passable including the m62 - those from lancashire having gone m62-a1 due to road closures.

As for the ground: if the ground isn't playable its not playable. I won't criticise any match official for making that call.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Mar 2018, 12:30

Squaddie86 wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote: Man at home on internet knows more about road conditions than police forces who are responsible for roads.
Don't know about the roads the cops are looking at but i drove to lincoln this morning from ponte all main roads were cleared on my way to the m62/a1 junction.

There are folks here from chorley, preston, manchester etc who said things are bad their way but the main roads are mostly passable including the m62 - those from lancashire having gone m62-a1 due to road closures.

As for the ground: if the ground isn't playable its not playable. I won't criticise any match official for making that call.
Don’t dare say the roads are passable there is No safe route from Wigan to cas!