FULL BACK

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: FULL BACK

Post by Sharlotiger » 14 Mar 2018, 18:39

How about a double swoop for Evalds and Lui with Roberts and Jy going the other way plus £100,00?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 14 Mar 2018, 18:41

Sharlotiger wrote:How about a double swoop for Evalds and Lui with Roberts and Jy going the other way plus £100,00?
Err, no thanks. Just Evalds

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Mar 2018, 18:52

derbystiger wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:How about a double swoop for Evalds and Lui with Roberts and Jy going the other way plus £100,00?
Err, no thanks. Just Evalds
My sentiments exactly. Would not go near Lui. Would take Evalds and think he would fit into the role similar to Dorn.
Escare would be a good fit but doubt they would let him go this year.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 14 Mar 2018, 18:53

According to 40/20 mag editor, Salford have been told to get their wage bill down to 1.3m so they have to offload some high earners. Not sure how much Evalds is on but I'd definitely take him to play 1, Benny to 6 and Ellis on bench. Jy out of contract this year so could be a makeweight in a deal.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 14 Mar 2018, 19:11

Use Benny from the bench to give Macca a rest - strong in the defensive line. Quick off the mark with good feet and a bit of a kicking game to keep the opposition guessing.

Ellis is not doing anything wrong at the moment to lose his spot at 6

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 14 Mar 2018, 19:14

Six and two threes really ERG. Let's say Benny and Jamie to split the 6 and bench until one of them gets injured.....

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 14 Mar 2018, 19:42

Spanishtiger wrote:Six and two threes really ERG. Let's say Benny and Jamie to split the 6 and bench until one of them gets injured.....
I was thinking using Benny more around the Ruck tbh mate. Just to keep the opposition guessing and use his elusive running from the Ruck on the back of the likes of Millo Moors Watts etc especially when teams start to fatigue

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 14 Mar 2018, 20:00

I don't disagree with you. Ellis spelled Clarke in 2014. Either or. Would be nice to have the option. If we could get someone like Evalds in at FB the the squad looks really strong with decent cover for every position.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 14 Mar 2018, 20:10

Not sure how much Evalds is on but I'd definitely take him to play 1, Benny to 6 and Ellis on bench.

This.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 14 Mar 2018, 21:56

classysupercas3 wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:Sign up a recognised and solid full back now and we are on our way following the Liam Watts news.

For me, we would then be in a stronger position than last year....
Yer I agree mate.but st. Helens probally still that bit stronger
Can't argue with that. They finished very strongly last year and were very unlucky not to get to OT where I think they would have beat Leeds. They have carried on where they left off.

We've got improvement in us. Keeps it interesting.....

Boom
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Boom » 14 Mar 2018, 23:33

If Evalds is that good at full back why is it that both Watson and Sheens preferred Gareth O'Brien in that position?

My understanding is that it was because Evalds has a limited passing game, which is something that is vital with our style of play.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Mar 2018, 23:49

think it was evalds that linked beautifully to put bibby in for their last score on sunday
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 15 Mar 2018, 00:57

Whilst I do rate Evalds, I'm quite happy with Benny at the back, he's starting to show glimpses of what he can do, give him a few weeks and a dry track and I bet he will shine!

(don't quote me on this though....)

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Mar 2018, 08:16

I should say the hardest position to fill is full back. to a lot of us benny looks far from happy, Daryl is positive about Benny being able to fill this position saying he is seeing an improvement every week, myself as a supporter I don't agree but there again Daryl is the best coach in the league I am sure he as forgot more than I have ever known about rugby, so as the old saying goes IN DARYL WE TRUST

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 15 Mar 2018, 09:41

gateman wrote:I should say the hardest position to fill is full back. to a lot of us benny looks far from happy, Daryl is positive about Benny being able to fill this position saying he is seeing an improvement every week, myself as a supporter I don't agree but there again Daryl is the best coach in the league I am sure he as forgot more than I have ever known about rugby, so as the old saying goes IN DARYL WE TRUST
His body language tells you he isn't happy,and in really close games he could cost us with his mistakes

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Mar 2018, 10:01

Show 'n' Go wrote:Whilst I do rate Evalds, I'm quite happy with Benny at the back, he's starting to show glimpses of what he can do, give him a few weeks and a dry track and I bet he will shine!

(don't quote me on this though....)
The way the weathers going I don’t think we’ll have a dry track until June.
could be to late then.
Oh for a bit of sun and warmth.

Saulbic

Post by Saulbic » 15 Mar 2018, 13:21

Any evidence to actually suggest evalds is coming or is it a nothing rumour? Wouldnt want to see Benny or jy go, think on Sunday Benny looked fine and will only continue to improve so for me there's no worry for a fullback.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 15 Mar 2018, 13:29

Roberts just doesn't look comfortable at the back and as far too many mistakes in his game and you just know he would let us down come a big game.
The squad shaping up well we just need that missing piece at the back to put us in a position to challenge again this year and beyond.
I also feel we will miss Roberts running game come the dryer tracks from the halves where he as built up a solid partnership with Gale over recent years.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 Mar 2018, 13:55

Roberts handling and ball security look truly amateur at times when he's at FB. He looks like he's going to drop it on kick return impact or approach. To me anyway!

I think playing himnthere is hurting his confidence, and we all know from experience that he is a confidence player?

I genuinely would bring a full back in as soon as I could if I were the boss. I'd even try a young lad there.

I'm telling you now - if we do get a good fullback, I'd have a bet on silverware.

Anyone know anything concrete about evalds? (I don't)
Audacter Et Sincere

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 15 Mar 2018, 15:38

Mysterio wrote:Roberts handling and ball security look truly amateur at times when he's at FB. He looks like he's going to drop it on kick return impact or approach. To me anyway!

I think playing himnthere is hurting his confidence, and we all know from experience that he is a confidence player?

I genuinely would bring a full back in as soon as I could if I were the boss. I'd even try a young lad there.

I'm telling you now - if we do get a good fullback, I'd have a bet on silverware.

Anyone know anything concrete about evalds? (I don't)
I honestly havnt heard anybody say Roberts is ever gona be good enough except Powell. We need full back asap