Liam Watts

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Liam Watts

Post by InTheKnow » 14 Mar 2018, 16:41

When can he play? Does his ban carry over?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Mar 2018, 16:43

[quote="Wildie"]No doubt you are getting a good prop - in the top 3 or 4 in the league when on his game. But, this move was instigated by Hull FC, wanting him out of the club. There has been persistent off-field disciplinary issues which the senior group of players were getting frustrated about. For years, Cas fans have told me that he is always in Xscape drinking, and when the Hull players self-impose drinking bans during the season (apart from pre-approved weekend's off), yet Watts is always on the beer, which then affects turning up to training on time, and causing issues internally, then like the Hull Daily Mail headline says "Unity over Quality".

We are well stocked on props, will allow Abdull to come in at 13 as he looked really classy against Leeds, and we have some serious cap space for a mid season signing potentially before the 8's.

I hope he knuckles down and get's some form to put pressure on England selector's, but that is 2 club's now (3 if you count Cas first time around) that have cut their losses and told him to find elsewhere. Wasn't so long ago you all thought DP could change Zak.....[/quote]

the sad thing is mate no one will change him. it was said last night by steve gill that he hasn't even shown the slightest sign of remorse. I would imagine any coach that is thinking of signing him will contact his old cas connections first and I just can't see them giving encouragement.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Mar 2018, 16:44

InTheKnow wrote:When can he play? Does his ban carry over?
rhino's away

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 14 Mar 2018, 16:45

lurcher wrote:
rhino's away
thought he'd be available for Wakey next Thursday?

Edit; sorry, got dates mixed up - Thursday after next! :lol: . Would be nice to see him against Leeds, but says on club website round 8 v Wakey
Last edited by derbystiger on 14 Mar 2018, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 14 Mar 2018, 16:46

lurcher wrote:
rhino's away
Perfect. Oggy back for that too.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 14 Mar 2018, 16:52

watts and cook starting props for me both aggressive just what we need.

I know it wont happen but would like to see it

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 14 Mar 2018, 17:14

Yeh it's Rd 8 vs Wakey. Should have Wardle and Eden back for that too if they hit their timeline.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 14 Mar 2018, 18:05

Feels like every year we have someone to have off field issues or cause dramas for the club.

Chase, Carney, Solomona, Hardaker... now Watts.

As long as he plays well on the pitch and Cas don't throw too much money on him when he inevitably gets thrown out of the squad then its ok by me.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 14 Mar 2018, 19:46

I remember signing another prop with issues, and many within the game said he was a big risk, but Lee Crooks proved to be one of our best ever.

brodie123

Post by brodie123 » 14 Mar 2018, 19:50

We never learn, another thug with issues, why do we always think we can change someone. If DP is that Good he could not change Zac and we then go off and buy a forward who has discipline issues both on and off the field.
Why do we always flash the cheque book at these idiots, the same idiots where the holding team want rid. We only have ourselves to blame.
Hope it is not the same muppet who decided on buying Zac if so he needs his head examining

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Mar 2018, 19:57

brodie123 wrote:We never learn, another thug with issues, why do we always think we can change someone. If DP is that Good he could not change Zac and we then go off and buy a forward who has discipline issues both on and off the field.
Why do we always flash the cheque book at these idiots, the same idiots where the holding team want rid. We only have ourselves to blame.
Hope it is not the same muppet who decided on buying Zac if so he needs his head examining
I know. It was so awful winning the league last year.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 14 Mar 2018, 20:04

After last year we saw posts saying "We need a nadty prop as we get run down by big packs".

Now I am seeing "Watts adds to our already formidable pack".

Which is it folks?

We have got Watts. Top player and should/will improve us big time. Get JSL back in 2nd row will also improve us as we know what he can do.

If we now release a couple and this helps with a new FB get Benny back at 6.

Get Wardle and Eden back soon and its hold on to your hat time.

Zak who?

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 14 Mar 2018, 20:07

cogito ergo sum wrote:I remember signing another prop with issues, and many within the game said he was a big risk, but Lee Crooks proved to be one of our best ever.
Yes he was another one who couldn't keep out of the pubs...allegedly. Yet he cleaned up his act & played the best rugby of his career and became leader and captain.

For people siting Hardaker should remember Crooks as well. Watts is an exceptional prop who could become an international regular if he heeds the right advice.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 14 Mar 2018, 20:10

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 14 Mar 2018, 20:16

Squaddie86 wrote:Feels like every year we have someone to have off field issues or cause dramas for the club.

Chase, Carney, Solomona, Hardaker... now Watts.
It's a real pity that the Monday Club don't still meet, working in Cas I used to hear all sorts of tails come Tuesday morning. :).

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 14 Mar 2018, 20:48

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
brodie123 wrote:We never learn, another thug with issues, why do we always think we can change someone. If DP is that Good he could not change Zac and we then go off and buy a forward who has discipline issues both on and off the field.
I know. It was so awful winning the league last year.
It was! I hated every second of watching us last year :lol: :lol: we finally start getting a bit of good news and a feel good factor back on here and, bang, along comes a muppet that hardly ever posts calling the club idiots ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 14 Mar 2018, 22:36

Can not wait to see him put on the cas shirt for 1st time and have a run out with the boys

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Mar 2018, 23:30

liam's dad steve has phoned a radio Humberside sports programme tonight. he said liam did not want to leave but believes powell can improve his game. he also said watts had never been disciplined by the club so his behaviour can't have been that bad.
liam himself has tweeted his thanks to adam pearson but doesn't mention radders.
he does say that he is with happy team mates now.
sounds as if the hull dressing room isn't a nice place to be at the moment.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 14 Mar 2018, 23:53

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 15 Mar 2018, 01:27

lurcher wrote: he does say that he is with happy team mates now.
sounds as if the hull dressing room isn't a nice place to be at the moment.
Bit of a misquote mate. He actually says he "has some happy mates now", I might be wrong but guessing he's referring to his mates been happy he has rejoined Cas (been a Cas lad).