Jamie Ellis

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Jamie Ellis

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Feb 2018, 23:05

lurcher wrote:I'm sure when he made his debut for us the fist time around he had an incredible game and got mom.
Broke our conversion record vs Huddersfield.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Feb 2018, 23:11

chesterfieldtiger wrote:Thought foster stood up very well against hulls bigger pack
Not many players will start a game at prop and finish it in the centres

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 25 Feb 2018, 00:15

Best game for us no doubt in his time with us...

The competition for places may make him a better player like many of DP signings.

Took the offensive line on well, he's big and fast enough to hit the gap and accelerate through it but his defense mustn't be underestimated with some of the big hits particularly in the first half.

Kicking game maybe what we've been missing close to the line over the last couple of seasonsand may take the pressure off Gale a bit whether he likes it or not. .

Top performance. .

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 25 Feb 2018, 01:31

When Ellis was here first time around he had to do much of the halfback play himself.

His combination with Gale could bring out the best in both, taking some of the limelight away from Gale.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 25 Feb 2018, 13:13

Flat Capper wrote:When Ellis was here first time around he had to do much of the halfback play himself.

His combination with Gale could bring out the best in both, taking some of the limelight away from Gale.
I don't buy that Capper, when he was here before we had Sneyd, Finn and Dorn, and Ellis was being used as a back-up hooker.
Think that Ellis is a more rounded player now.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Feb 2018, 13:36

Spanishtiger wrote:Think that Ellis is a more rounded player now.
He’s just big boned. :D
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

ajctiger28

Post by ajctiger28 » 25 Feb 2018, 14:20

was impressed with him yesterday. 100% better than against widnes. him and gale look to be building a good partnership on yesterdays showings

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 25 Feb 2018, 14:24

Ellis went well, hope he can find some consistency now, something he as never shown throughout his career.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 25 Feb 2018, 14:30

HuddsTigers wrote:
lurcher wrote:I'm sure when he made his debut for us the fist time around he had an incredible game and got mom.
Broke our conversion record vs Huddersfield.
He was absolutely brilliant that day.kicked Huddersfield to death.couple of 40/20s aswel

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 26 Feb 2018, 10:20

He's finally stepped up and stopped letting Gale dictate the game. The point in Ellis being here is to take pressure off Gale and that's what he did Saturday. Look how more influential he was with ball in hand when Ellis was taking the 5th tackle kick option. He absolutely kicked Hull to death. We would of probably put 50 on other teams Saturday, we were that dominant.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 26 Feb 2018, 10:31

Did you think we were that dominant?

I worried they'd come back!
Audacter Et Sincere

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Feb 2018, 10:54

Ellis gave the right side some teeth. The left side is starting to click now aswell.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 26 Feb 2018, 11:11

lets not get too carried a way just yet if we win are next two games then I would say were back in the mix ellis will do a job but rather have Roberts at half and get a fullback. Hull was very poor today all three teams that went to Australia played pretty below standard next two games be better bench mark what about all rest rubbish champs players we signed hudds tigers are they super league standard

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 26 Feb 2018, 12:27

Ellis played well and credit to him for doing so but the key is doing it week in week out and of that i have my doubts. But he has the chance to prove the doubters wrong and lets hope he does that because we sure as hell need him to.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Feb 2018, 12:55

He did give us a credible option to take us round the park should Gale get injured.

I'm not going overboard but it's not bad for a team not fully fitting yet. Maybe they shouldn't have gone to oz?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 26 Feb 2018, 13:39

flow wrote:lets not get too carried a way just yet if we win are next two games then I would say were back in the mix ellis will do a job but rather have Roberts at half and get a fullback. Hull was very poor today all three teams that went to Australia played pretty below standard next two games be better bench mark what about all rest rubbish champs players we signed hudds tigers are they super league standard
I disagree. I think out of the 3 teams that went to Oz, Hull were the ones more likely of winning this weekend. To say they had 3 big names missing, they played pretty decent IMO.

I think it's testimant to us that we kept Sneyd and particularly Kelly quiet all afternoon, as well as their outside backs who are arguably the best in the league.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 26 Feb 2018, 14:26

heritage1926 wrote: I disagree. I think out of the 3 teams that went to Oz, Hull were the ones more likely of winning this weekend. To say they had 3 big names missing, they played pretty decent IMO.

I think it's testimant to us that we kept Sneyd and particularly Kelly quiet all afternoon, as well as their outside backs who are arguably the best in the league.
They were very much running the show for the first 20 mins, hence the 8-0 start they got. I accept Kelly ended up in the land of the fairies but until then I would argue both tired. Sneyd even missed what for him was a sitter of a kick.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 26 Feb 2018, 17:13

When we signed ellis i said we needed a kicker and that game proved me right. you cannot always expect to attack the try line,you need a kicking game in addition.we need him to take over gale on the last play kick now,gale is poor with them

JJ
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JJ » 26 Feb 2018, 17:37

I don't know if anyone else noticed but when we were ahead on the score board in the second half we won a scrum quite near to their line and Ellis was telling everyone to keep calm and said "We don't have to score a try" - I like that mentality of building pressure rather than trying to score on every set.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Feb 2018, 17:51

JJ wrote:I don't know if anyone else noticed but when we were ahead on the score board in the second half we won a scrum quite near to their line and Ellis was telling everyone to keep calm and said "We don't have to score a try" - I like that mentality of building pressure rather than trying to score on every set.

Thing is it’s built into our psyche to score at every play when we are close to their line.