19 for Hull FC

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: 19 for Hull FC

Post by Casmoley » 22 Feb 2018, 22:40

init wrote:Will say it again

last year our most effective weapon was Milo/Moors off of the bench.

Moors and Milo are devastating against tiring opposition - why have we gone away from this?

Jesse is a SR NOT a Prop.....wasted playing prop get him running wide like the start of last season or coming of off the bench to replace Holmes

Cook and Green starting props

I think the changes made by DP this season has the balance of the team wrong and it has shown in performance

It just feels wrong.

also no mcmeeken he needs to be given a shock by getting dropped

cook isn't even in the squad ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 22 Feb 2018, 23:30

I know hes not ......I said starting props as in what i think would be most effective .... just like i said milo n moors of the bench which wont happen nor will jesse play SR

also if you read my opening line.....the clue is there?
jeez some people ......

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Feb 2018, 23:34

Anyone know the hull team.

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 22 Feb 2018, 23:55

Missing Houghton & Taylor, but otherwise full strength.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Feb 2018, 00:19

They also seemed to be confused with their squad with Minichiello and Manu missing originally. Could be a sign and guessing games but I’d put them 50/50 too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Feb 2018, 00:22

heritage1926 wrote:
gateman wrote:Julian Moors as been breaking no pots , last match V Widnes the lad hardly broke a tackle, lets hope this week he returns to the form he showed early last season
That's what happens when you're asked to play prop and are used basically as a battering ram. He has had all the creativity kicked out of him by the looks of things. Same with Jesse, he was on fire outwide in the early part of the season. Got put to prop and he looked and still does look burnt out. Samoan's are flair players.
no he didn't, just watch his part in the try we scored inside the first minute against saints in the semi. just cos you're named as a prop doesn't mean you play all the game as a prop. well not in powells style you don't.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Feb 2018, 00:28

the happy hooker9 wrote:
Tigerwood posse wrote:
alftupper wrote:no Cook, is he injured?
Don't know, but he was our best forward by a mile against Widnes, he's worth his weight in gold, so underrated !!.... we are going to miss him massively in this game.
Also mystified why Cook has been left out. Not the most skillful, but wholehearted trier, gives 100% when ever he plays.
Could not fault HIS efforts in the debacle that was Old Trafford - yet I am fearful that Foster will again be in the front row which I hope to high heaven he is not - he seems to do no wrong in DP's estimation.
We have to start and beast the Hull pack which we cannot do with makeweight SR's playing up front
to be fair mate foster can do no wrong in my eyes either. don't forget he filled in at centre in the friendly and got mom. he won't take a backward step and has a fantastic work rate. I think powell sees him as an 80 minute prop if he bulks up and I honestly think in a couple of years he could be one of the best in the league.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Feb 2018, 00:34

HuddsTigers wrote:They also seemed to be confused with their squad with Minichiello and Manu missing originally. Could be a sign and guessing games but I’d put them 50/50 too.
I get the Humberside version of look north over here and it had mini as doubtful but as been said it could be mind games.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Feb 2018, 11:38

https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpr ... ssion=true

Let’s make some noise tigerssssssss.

Wildie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Wildie » 23 Feb 2018, 12:51

Hi guys, looking forward to tomorrow.

As for Hull, Taylor and Houghton definitely out, Manu and Minichiello wont be playing either from what I hear. Manu stayed down under as the other players flew back to help with the rescue effort in Tonga where there was a cyclone. Minichiello has an ankle issue

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Feb 2018, 13:04

surprised to see hull getting six points start cant see anything but a hull win jet lag or not
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Wildie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Wildie » 23 Feb 2018, 13:10

tigerfeat wrote:surprised to see hull getting six points start cant see anything but a hull win jet lag or not
Why are you surprised? I see a Cas win tomorrow. Only way we will win is if we get into an 18-24 point lead in the first 60 minutes as the last 20 I can see us fading

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Feb 2018, 13:41

DP has spoken, so time for us fans to do our bit. Lets get the old girl bouncing tomorrow and see if they can deliver on the field. We want the 17 on the pitch to do their bit, so we have to do ours as 18th man. COYF

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Feb 2018, 14:02

derbystiger wrote:DP has spoken, so time for us fans to do our bit. Lets get the old girl bouncing tomorrow and see if they can deliver on the field. We want the 17 on the pitch to do their bit, so we have to do ours as 18th man. COYF
Very well said the atmosphere was Very low key last home game , lets start with showing our appreciation to Daryl when he walks over the pitch, COME ON YE FORD