new fullback

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: new fullback

Post by Bolton-tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 18:50

Id take locke as a cheap option and give him a chance to redeen hiself

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 21 Feb 2018, 18:52

Salford are in the brown stuff, Gareth O’Brian would do nicely.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 21 Feb 2018, 18:57

I wouldn't bother with Jowett - he can't even get a gig in the Wakey side although would have been a better fringe addition than Clare. O'Brian fits the bill IMO. He's also had a stint with us before.

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 21 Feb 2018, 18:58

I'm at a bit of a loss to understand the thinking behind our current fb issues. Before Hardaker came along we were expecting Eden to be our fb.

"I am delighted to say we have signed Greg Eden for the next two years," coach Daryl Powell said.

"His athletic ability is exceptional which is key in order to play at full-back in our team."

However DP seems to have chosen Roberts to play fb in place of Hardaker making it appear signing Eden as our fb was a mistake. If there's no one available to buy will Eden be given another try at fb? :-k

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 21 Feb 2018, 19:05

I wonder how long David Mead will be happy at Catalan....
Grix too old and makes basic errors (see the Robert Lui try last week)
Eden hasn't the authority or brain
Clare - see Eden!
Escare possibly Wigan are also offloading FPN so space on the money front
O'brien an option.... But average
Evalds.... Possible
Locke.....out of the frying pan into the fire....

Fullback is such an integral part of modern rugby and a spine position. Not somewhere where you put square pegs in round holes.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 19:18

Black n Amber wrote:Salford are in the brown stuff, Gareth O’Brian would do nicely.
Id go for o'brian.i think he makes a good full back and can marshle defence and has the attacking potential we require to fit into our team...definatly worth trying to get him on board as salford isnt in the best of places

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 21 Feb 2018, 19:26

Bolton-tiger wrote:
Black n Amber wrote:Salford are in the brown stuff, Gareth O’Brian would do nicely.
Id go for o'brian.i think he makes a good full back and can marshle defence and has the attacking potential we require to fit into our team...definatly worth trying to get him on board as salford isnt in the best of places
When Salford we’re flying the start of last season he was one of the best players in the league, I’m under no illusion that came about from what was a team effort, but he was playing out of his skin, he’s a cracking kicking game, great left and right right pass on him, if the club don’t see Callum Turner ready just yet, I think O’Brian would be a decent capture.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 21 Feb 2018, 19:28

ERG2012 wrote:I wonder how long David Mead will be happy at Catalan....
Clare - see Eden!
Evalds.... Possible

Fullback is such an integral part of modern rugby and a spine position. Not somewhere where you put square pegs in round holes.
mead 3 year deal, no chance.
o'brien and evalds both have long term contracts.

we can all pick names out of the hat but I think we all know we aren't Warrington who can buy anyone out of a contract!

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 21 Feb 2018, 20:12

Casmoley wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:I wonder how long David Mead will be happy at Catalan....
Clare - see Eden!
Evalds.... Possible

mead 3 year deal, no chance.
o'brien and evalds both have long term contracts.

we can all pick names out of the hat but I think we all know we aren't Warrington who can buy anyone out of a contract![/quoted]

As we know in recent history contracts are about as tight as a colander.... 3yr deal maybe - Happy losing an getting frustrated possibly

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 21 Feb 2018, 20:16

happy losing? it's only 3 games in for them! Plus I bet he's happier losing on the beaches of France than in Cas!

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 21 Feb 2018, 20:28

Casmoley wrote:happy losing? it's only 3 games in for them! Plus I bet he's happier losing on the beaches of France than in Cas!
Any player worth his salt wants to be in a successful winning team.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 21 Feb 2018, 20:29

ERG2012 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:happy losing? it's only 3 games in for them! Plus I bet he's happier losing on the beaches of France than in Cas!

why did he sign for them In the first place then when he had a year on his contract at Brisbane?

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 21 Feb 2018, 20:30

Casmoley wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:

why did he sign for them In the first place then when he had a year on his contract at Brisbane?
He ain't going to play in his favourite position at Brisbane...

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 21 Feb 2018, 20:34

ERG2012 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:

He ain't going to play in his favourite position at Brisbane...

so he signed for a team that isn't going to win anything because he's not worth any salt and wants a 3 year jolly in the south of France! stop kidding yourself! And after one season winning league leaders we don't come under the 'successful' category just yet.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 21 Feb 2018, 20:37

Anybody think the Toulouse full back Mark Kheirallah 27, worth a punt 5ft 8ins 13 stone proven goal kicker and try scorer showed good pace for France in the world cup would give the young full back more of a chance to improve rather than throwing him in the deep end

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 21 Feb 2018, 20:38

laner wrote:Anybody think the Toulouse full back Mark Kheirallah 27, worth a punt 5ft 8ins 13 stone proven goal kicker and try scorer showed good pace for France in the world cup would give the young full back more of a chance to improve rather than throwing him in the deep end

Just signed a new deal. he was actually out of contract end of the year so If we were going to sack Zak in October we could have got him!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Feb 2018, 20:44

Its more than likely it will be Benny at full back but the lad looks none too happy in that position Daryl thinks Benny could rip it up at full back, lets hope he goes out this week and does just that, who ever his playing there as my 100% support , lets forget SILLY ZAK and get on with what CAS supporters do best get behind the CAS players on the field, COME ON YE FORD

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 21 Feb 2018, 20:46

Would you think a get out Claus would be written in for chance to move to S/L

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 21 Feb 2018, 20:47

gateman wrote:Its more than likely it will be Benny at full back but the lad looks none too happy in that position Daryl thinks Benny could rip it up at full back, lets hope he goes out this week and does just that, who ever his playing there as my 100% support , lets forget SILLY ZAK and get on with what CAS supporters do best get behind the CAS players on the field, COME ON YE FORD

don't think Powell was too impressed since Eden was going to play there until he was ruled out. I think there's something gone on with this recruitment mess. But if there's no full bsck available what can you do!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Feb 2018, 21:12

tigerfeat wrote:Who is there out there we can go for ,i mean to get in asap

he already has Roberts