Has Cas RLFC lost Integrity

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmania
Verified

Re: Has Cas RLFC lost Integrity

Post by Casmania » 20 Feb 2018, 20:59

HuddsTigers wrote:
Casmania wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I never said you said any of that Robbo. I was making a point about why the club will delay things and not make frivolous announcements.

I can’t comment on anyone else’s circumstances as I wasn’t party to those conversations, nor have I heard both sides to make a fair judgement on them.

I don’t know why you’ve brought up the accounts - it’s neither here nor there. I have already mentioned about corporates on another thread, where I’ve said we shouldn’t stop selling or looking to upgrade what we have. However, I put it back to you as to how much Mend-a-hose have spent on CTRLFC keeping Wheldon Road up to scratch. Was it them that helped do all the new floodlights? Let’s factor that in!
CBR engineering contributed to the floodlights, not MAH
Cheers CM. Do you know if MAH have contributed anything to the stadium?
Nothing directly or indirectly to the stadium.

The naming rights etc figure can be found in the company accounts as Robbo has already alluded to.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Feb 2018, 21:02

Casmania wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Casmania wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I never said you said any of that Robbo. I was making a point about why the club will delay things and not make frivolous announcements.

I can’t comment on anyone else’s circumstances as I wasn’t party to those conversations, nor have I heard both sides to make a fair judgement on them.

I don’t know why you’ve brought up the accounts - it’s neither here nor there. I have already mentioned about corporates on another thread, where I’ve said we shouldn’t stop selling or looking to upgrade what we have. However, I put it back to you as to how much Mend-a-hose have spent on CTRLFC keeping Wheldon Road up to scratch. Was it them that helped do all the new floodlights? Let’s factor that in!
CBR engineering contributed to the floodlights, not MAH
Cheers CM. Do you know if MAH have contributed anything to the stadium?
Nothing directly or indirectly to the stadium.

The naming rights etc figure can be found in the company accounts as Robbo has already alluded to.
Fair enough. Cheers CM. Must have got them mixed up with CBR. Was pretty sure Mend-a-hose had done something ground related but hey ho.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Feb 2018, 21:04

HuddsTigers wrote:I have absolutely no clue, which is why I’m being so defensive and not letting emotion take over anything until I have facts. I’ve not spoken to Steve for a month or so. In fact, I think the last time I saw him was the pre-season friendly against Leeds.

In reality, the club isn’t going to tell me, like anyone else on here, anything that’s of a delicate or sensitive nature simply because you just wouldnt. I’m in the same boat as you guys in not knowing what’s going on or how much credence the rumours have.

But I’d rather keep my powder dry and then make a judgement when more, if anything comes out. I do think the disappointing early season form and worries have exacerbated things tenfold to be honest.
Yeah ok thats fair enough thought you may have heard something
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 20 Feb 2018, 21:33

HuddsTigers wrote:People need to realise there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes. It's not as easy as the club coming out with the statement, and let's face it, no one would believe them anyway. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

However, in any circumstances such as this there's a lot of legal and HR processes to go through. It's not always as easy as being black and white. The club will release a statement at an appropriate time and when there's something to announce.
if every time fans wanted a club statement on this that or other nothing would never get done
i,m sure when there is something to say they will come out and say it ,just support the lads who take to the field
and wait for any statements please

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 07:27

I can agree to a point in what you say but when any "issues" are directly causing detriment to the team then surely they need addressing quickly?

These issues then become talking points, for want of a better phrase, amongst fans and then it seems this impacts on the players and their attitude, approach and or performance.

If the club remain silent this will increase over time. If there are no such issues then surely the club would dismiss them to clear things up quickly to avoid further problems.

If there are "issues" then the longer the club remain silent the worse things become?

It can only be one or the other, cant it?

classysupercas2

Post by classysupercas2 » 21 Feb 2018, 08:37

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:I can agree to a point in what you say but when any "issues" are directly causing detriment to the team then surely they need addressing quickly?

These issues then become talking points, for want of a better phrase, amongst fans and then it seems this impacts on the players and their attitude, approach and or performance.

If the club remain silent this will increase over time. If there are no such issues then surely the club would dismiss them to clear things up quickly to avoid further problems.

If there are "issues" then the longer the club remain silent the worse things become?

It can only be one or the other, cant it?
Yes the club needs to make a statement asap. Fans are loosing patience and it will start to impact on the clubs takings

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 21 Feb 2018, 08:50

It’s going to rumble on until things “come out “ like hudds says.
Which if is like the way the youth coach leaving is not the correct way in my opinion.

I find it interesting that the ZH incident still divides, its simple for me , he’s let us and the club down big style we/ they believed what he said to us / them on the video pre season we all watched while sat in one of the changing rooms saying his lessons had been learnt! No they hadn’t!

The small club really gets under my skin , I know the pitch is smaller lol , but do we not employ a similar amount of people as other clubs ? Do we not have good crowds ? Do we spend full cap ? Do we have a good team ? Do we have a good coach ? What’s missing to make us a “big” team ?

As on the other tread , was just asking if Steve has left ?

And if he has , what’s the plans, had anyone heard owt.

I suppose while there’s no , “ Steve has left the club , and there will be a statement in the coming days”

I’ll wait till it “ comes out “ so to speak.

I’ll be interested on peoples takes on the small club syndrome comments we seem to have on here till things “ come out “
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Feb 2018, 09:01

Can you imagine this happening at any other club bar cas?
Vince Lombardi

johnnya

Post by johnnya » 21 Feb 2018, 10:39

Looking at the original post. it seems that the overriding emotion on the Hardaker situation is not anger, nor is it disappointment,nor is it apathy, nor is it disenchantment, not even disbelief. It is sheer bloody frustration. How long is it since the week leading up to the Grand Final?! Months!
The situation has prompted people falling out on the forum who have never met each other. How frustrating is it that the powers that be have not issued a statement or at least a time line regarding a decision , if not a decision itself,
I am not proposing that the club should give a daily report, far from it. However, surely the club must realise that its bread and butter is people coming through the turnstiles, whereas Premier League Football no longer has the 'gate' as its main source of income.
If the frustration of contributors here is manifested in the actions of fans (or non-actions) at the turnstiles ,it is not good news for the club.
Come on Cas, just a brief statement of FACTS to date. With a promise of an update by a certain time? It would at least show that the club recognises the out and out frustration in the fan base.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 21 Feb 2018, 10:50

johnnya wrote:The situation has prompted people falling out on the forum who have never met each other.
I think this really does say it all.

There may be every chance those arguing with each other would get on in person if all cards were stacked equally. Instead, we're left with this.
Audacter Et Sincere

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 21 Feb 2018, 11:06

Regardless of who is the owner, ceo, coach, players etc. I will always follow Cas until they fold. And I'd do everything in my power to stop that happening.

The same people come out of the woodwork to have a dig and try to shame the club. Tbh it's embarrassing.

If SG goes, then thanks for your time, you've been great for the club. And the same for DP, staff and players who feel them or their mates have been hard done to.

The club continues, I'll still have a top and my season ticket and watch us ride the Cas rollercoaster for as long as I can.

At the end of the day, Cas is a business and is business is to entertain. We have owners who love the club and we are in a good place financially.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 21 Feb 2018, 11:58

tigerfeat wrote:Can you imagine this happening at any other club bar cas?
Erm.....I can think of one. :)

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 12:15

JIN JER wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Can you imagine this happening at any other club bar cas?
Erm.....I can think of one. :)
I can think of several

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 21 Feb 2018, 12:25

mart0042 wrote:Regardless of who is the owner, ceo, coach, players etc. I will always follow Cas until they fold. And I'd do everything in my power to stop that happening.

The same people come out of the woodwork to have a dig and try to shame the club. Tbh it's embarrassing.

If SG goes, then thanks for your time, you've been great for the club. And the same for DP, staff and players who feel them or their mates have been hard done to.

The club continues, I'll still have a top and my season ticket and watch us ride the Cas rollercoaster for as long as I can.

At the end of the day, Cas is a business and is business is to entertain. We have owners who love the club and we are in a good place financially.
Am I reading this right the fans are embarrassing the club I think you have this wrong mate it is the people running the club that are shaming and embarrassing us by us I mean the people going through the turnstiles the ones that keep the club going.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 21 Feb 2018, 12:56

Mysterio wrote:
johnnya wrote:The situation has prompted people falling out on the forum who have never met each other.
I think this really does say it all.

There may be every chance those arguing with each other would get on in person if all cards were stacked equally. Instead, we're left with this.
Agree with this. Some of us may have even spoken to each other at games, in pubs before/after games and got on great. Not a good situation at the moment. I’m just gonna look forward to Saturday and hope that we can put in a performance. COYF

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 21 Feb 2018, 13:01

Oldcasman wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Regardless of who is the owner, ceo, coach, players etc. I will always follow Cas until they fold. And I'd do everything in my power to stop that happening.

Am I reading this right the fans are embarrassing the club I think you have this wrong mate it is the people running the club that are shaming and embarrassing us by us I mean the people going through the turnstiles the ones that keep the club going.
Not all fans in fact probably just a small amount on here.

I think the club are getting better and better at most things. But empires aren't built over night. Theres bound to be bumps in the road. This stuff is pretty minor when we could be bust, renting our ground and be relegated.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 13:03

I havent fallen out or argued with anyone because of their views or thoughts. That is up to them and so be it.

I see and hear lots of banter and chat at almost every game but I dont see people falling out for it. Sport is mostly about opinions. Cant all be right all the time.......apart from Hudds of course. :roll:

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 21 Feb 2018, 13:06

If Cas is a business it should also be run in a professional manner,working tirelessly to increase revenue streams across the board. If i read it right the club is effectively owned by the Fultons and we have closed our sponsorship packages.

Ask yourself this...if you or a company had a large amount of money and wanted to invest in Castleford Tigers how far do you think you would be let in?, because it appears a cosy closed club where the powers that be are sitting tight until the stadium at the end of the rainbow is built.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Feb 2018, 13:21

Back to the title thread and I genuinely believe the Club is in danger of losing integrity for simply letting all the speculation run without any response.

This may be because nothing is actually happening but either way you cannot let the rumours continue without response. Furthermore, if we have released ZH and SG has/is leaving then just admit it. Some may not like it but we will move on and reap what has been sown.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Feb 2018, 13:39

Flat Capper wrote:Back to the title thread and I genuinely believe the Club is in danger of losing integrity for simply letting all the speculation run without any response.

This may be because nothing is actually happening but either way you cannot let the rumours continue without response. Furthermore, if we have released ZH and SG has/is leaving then just admit it. Some may not like it but we will move on and reap what has been sown.
Spot on , the support will rally around as its always done ...
Vince Lombardi