Has Cas RLFC lost Integrity

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Has Cas RLFC lost Integrity

Post by CasRus » 20 Feb 2018, 12:35

Eh Up All,

Just been reading all topic's on Hardaker and Gill and the way the club is run - it looks like all doom and gloom !!

The quicker Cas can come out with a statement the better but it looks as though, for me, that Cas as a club aren't exactly dealing with current issues in a professional manner and which leads in to the question of integrity at the top.

Have we got a bunch of Yo Yo's running this club and if not, is there any existing ethics being currently shown ??

I always thought Cas were a good honest, transparent club and if so, the quicker they can either quash all these rumours and put all the good honest supporters at res,t which I class myself as, then it starts to question what kind of club I am currently supporting which I have supported since I was a 4 year old taken to the games by my dad.

This past season has been brilliant to watch but potentially and allegedly let down by a foolhardy Hardaker who, if so, needs to look at himself through the mirror and see what he has done to all Cas support at the GF.

One also has to question his brilliant performances through the past season as to whether these were indeed driven by enhancing substances he may have been using - if so, then the game changing performances which led to wins are a sham unfortunately and could be construed as cheating our way as a team to wins by these alleged actions by this individual. In my opinion, he deserves a ban like all others who have cheated in the past.

The jury is out for me just now. I'm sure this has had a profound effect on the Players and which is currently rubbing off onto the supporters like me - Currently it is affecting the pleasure of being there as a supporter with all this going on and if it continues, I can see support dwindling away. The club needs to get back on the horse and do some good PR with the great support they receive from us.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Has Cas RLFC lost Integrity

Post by KB80 » 20 Feb 2018, 12:46

Re the second to last paragraph. Hardaker was using cocaine socially. It would be very harsh to cast doubt on the integrity of last year's season based on that.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 20 Feb 2018, 12:50

If Hardaker has signed for Wigan, would he still be working for 5 star cleaning ? He’s still driving about. I thought they were helping the club out ? Just a thought

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 20 Feb 2018, 12:51

I've felt for a while now the people in charge couldn't care less about the fans(gill exempted)and I really don't think we are remotely professional enough to kick on and become one of the big teams.since the grand final there has been a terrible cloud hanging over us that seems to be sucking the joy out of the club and its supporters.is there any good news on the horizon?will anyone at the club deem us worthy of any answers?i won't hold my breath and the longer it continues the more we should prepare ourselves for middle 8 rugby.

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 20 Feb 2018, 13:00

Personally I think it's time people stoped whining like 6 year old children who have lost their favourite pair of shoes.

Best team in the League by a margin last season;
Powell staying as coach;
New stadium (for free) on the horizon;
Club making an exceptional profit.

This constant bleating and moaning on here is getting tiresome. Before anyone trots out the usual and predictable 'rose tinted spectacle' line nothing could be further from the truth but lets have a bit more of a balanced view on what is going on - this people, is about as good as it gets, lets enjoy it.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 20 Feb 2018, 13:15

Shameless wrote:Personally I think it's time people stoped whining like 6 year old children who have lost their favourite pair of shoes.

Powell staying as coach;

This constant bleating and moaning on here is getting tiresome. Before anyone trots out the usual and predictable 'rose tinted spectacle' line nothing could be further from the truth but lets have a bit more of a balanced view on what is going on - this people, is about as good as it gets, lets enjoy it.
Hooray a sensible post, think I may go to watch a game on Saturday because I am a RL Fan and support Cas as my local SL side, don't recall every going because of any other reason than that.

Talk about meltdown, Christ.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 20 Feb 2018, 13:17

Shameless wrote:Personally I think it's time people stoped whining like 6 year old children who have lost their favourite pair of shoes.

Powell staying as coach;

Agreed. Think people are getting a little too nervy and insecure. A couple of convincing wins would probably calm it :pray:

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 20 Feb 2018, 13:23

Powell staying as coach;

your take is different but I don't want to be a one season wonder.i want us to kick on and be a challenger most seasons like leeds or wigan.recruitment wise was pathetic and easy to forsee and if the rumours are true we are well behind In terms of professionalism at the top.as it stands now what is there to enjoy?new stadium has been a pipe dream forever in one or more format. we really need the boys to step up and brighten us all up but they don't look up for it at the minute.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Feb 2018, 13:39

People need to realise there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes. It's not as easy as the club coming out with the statement, and let's face it, no one would believe them anyway. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

However, in any circumstances such as this there's a lot of legal and HR processes to go through. It's not always as easy as being black and white. The club will release a statement at an appropriate time and when there's something to announce.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Stokesey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stokesey » 20 Feb 2018, 13:44

Powell staying as coach;

At last some sense. Cas are acting with integrity. Hardaker is suspended. Until a decision is made by the drugs authorities I would not expect anything from Cas. Any comment they make may impact upon a case. I don't believe any rumours till they are confirmed. Majority of them are false and should be taken as what they are - RUMOURS. However, all of a sudden everyone has them being fact. I pay to watch Cas. Had the delight of seeing the best season in over 30 years of watching them and all people can do is find something to complain about.

Ronnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ronnie » 20 Feb 2018, 14:38

Powell staying as coach;

Best post on the forum for ages..... I am sure there are people "in the know", but until the club confirm any of these issues/rumours are true then lets stop being so negative. People makes mistakes, but surely any decision is discussed with all Board members and DP would have been consulted, so let's see what happens. All I am interested in (at the moment) is putting in a good performance against Hull and shouting the lads to a victory.... what will be will be, but lets leave them to deal with is and update us when ready!!!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 20 Feb 2018, 15:03

KB80 wrote:Re the second to last paragraph. Hardaker was using cocaine socially. It would be very harsh to cast doubt on the integrity of last year's season based on that.
How do you know what cocaine does whether used socially or for pro performance ? Neither do I as a matter of fact but logically why it’s a banned substance in sport connotates to it being enhancing. So that calls into question as to whether his performances in helping the team win so many games last season could be construed as cheating our way through to the LLS. It’s a point I am making but won’t obviously affect the recorded outcome. It depends how you look at it - a tarnished trophy win or a rest of the team hard earned endeavour - you decide !

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 20 Feb 2018, 15:18

Its commonly known what cocaine does. Its a banned substance as it can be used as a stimulant but would have to be taking immediately prior to a game to provide any (pretty questionable) benefits.

Its commonly used socially (Zac certainly did), much less commonly used as a performance enhancer as it's simply not that effective and any benefits would be minimal.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 20 Feb 2018, 17:10

Not lost integrity no. Lost their way a little by the look of things aftet 3-4 years of increasing stability and success.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 20 Feb 2018, 19:00

HuddsTigers wrote:People need to realise there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes. It's not as easy as the club coming out with the statement, and let's face it, no one would believe them anyway. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

However, in any circumstances such as this there's a lot of legal and HR processes to go through. It's not always as easy as being black and white. The club will release a statement at an appropriate time and when there's something to announce.
Circumstances such as what HUDD?

Looking more and more as if Steve`s been pushed ,but maybe still has a fight in him.
Disputes happen but this is a massive split mate. Doubtful there is a way back for those that Pushed!

Robbo
Truth is always best !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Feb 2018, 19:06

Robbo wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:People need to realise there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes. It's not as easy as the club coming out with the statement, and let's face it, no one would believe them anyway. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Looking more and more as if Steve`s been pushed ,but maybe still has a fight in him.
Disputes happen but this is a massive split mate. Doubtful there is a way back for those that Pushed!

Robbo
Hardaker's drugs ban. You can't just fire someone, nor do you just decide overnight what to do. You have a contractual duty yourself to fulfil and legal and HR processes follow including internal investigations, hearings, attending meetings and appeals. All sorts.

On SG, despite people saying it has happened there's still no shred of evidence to support this. His name is still on the website and until a statement comes out, it's treated as nothing more than a spurious rumour. And even if there is, again, you can't just fire him without good reason to, especially since he's part of the BoD himself. There's numerous legal reasons, processes and protocols to be followed.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Feb 2018, 19:34

Sick of the bloody lot of it people should remember its there duty to serve the club and more important the supporters long suffering on many occasions down the years at cas but who always turn up in big numbers to follow there team
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 20 Feb 2018, 19:44

Robbo wrote:

Robbo
Pushed for what reason ?

Wanting zak out or getting rid of him or something else?

Im pretty sure he wont on his own have the power to sac a player without the bod and coach having a say or knowing about it.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 20 Feb 2018, 19:57

HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:

Robbo
Hardaker's drugs ban. You can't just fire someone, nor do you just decide overnight what to do. You have a contractual duty yourself to fulfil and legal and HR processes follow including internal investigations, hearings, attending meetings and appeals. All sorts.

On SG, despite people saying it has happened there's still no shred of evidence to support this. His name is still on the website and until a statement comes out, it's treated as nothing more than a spurious rumour. And even if there is, again, you can't just fire him without good reason to, especially since he's part of the BoD himself. There's numerous legal reasons, processes and protocols to be followed.
I have never suggested ZH has been or should be fired however as a club I would have been knocking the door down to get this case held.
JUST WHAT IS THE DELAY?

Did the club just fire Terry Cheesebourgh a Director? No hearing for him. No processes then were there?

Again I never said (Steve was ) he was fired.
Sorry Hudd but you made excuses up for years when it suits.
Its simple its a shambles.................going to ask you one more thing to prove what I say.
Have you got or seen the accounts?
Please tell me ,tell us all how much MAH paid Cas Tigers last year for Stadium naming right, a Box, and numerous boards around the ground.
The figure is there as its related party disclosure.

Robbo
Truth is always best !

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 20 Feb 2018, 20:09

Robbo wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:

Robbo

I have never suggested ZH has been or should be fired however as a club I would have been knocking the door down to get this case held.
JUST WHAT IS THE DELAY?

Did the club just fire Terry Cheesebourgh a Director? No hearing for him. No processes then were there?

Again I never said (Steve was ) he was fired.
Sorry Hudd but you made excuses up for years when it suits.
Its simple its a shambles.................going to ask you one more thing to prove what I say.
Have you got or seen the accounts?
Please tell me ,tell us all how much MAH paid Cas Tigers last year for Stadium naming right, a Box, and numerous boards around the ground.
The figure is there as its related party disclosure.

Robbo
Guessing the staduim sponsorship is low? At least we are rumoured to be promoting our Commercial Director....