Has Cas RLFC lost Integrity

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Has Cas RLFC lost Integrity

Post by mart0042 » 21 Feb 2018, 13:01

Oldcasman wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Regardless of who is the owner, ceo, coach, players etc. I will always follow Cas until they fold. And I'd do everything in my power to stop that happening.

The same people come out of the woodwork to have a dig and try to shame the club. Tbh it's embarrassing.

If SG goes, then thanks for your time, you've been great for the club. And the same for DP, staff and players who feel them or their mates have been hard done to.

The club continues, I'll still have a top and my season ticket and watch us ride the Cas rollercoaster for as long as I can.

At the end of the day, Cas is a business and is business is to entertain. We have owners who love the club and we are in a good place financially.
Am I reading this right the fans are embarrassing the club I think you have this wrong mate it is the people running the club that are shaming and embarrassing us by us I mean the people going through the turnstiles the ones that keep the club going.
Not all fans in fact probably just a small amount on here.

I think the club are getting better and better at most things. But empires aren't built over night. Theres bound to be bumps in the road. This stuff is pretty minor when we could be bust, renting our ground and be relegated.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 13:03

I havent fallen out or argued with anyone because of their views or thoughts. That is up to them and so be it.

I see and hear lots of banter and chat at almost every game but I dont see people falling out for it. Sport is mostly about opinions. Cant all be right all the time.......apart from Hudds of course. :roll:

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 21 Feb 2018, 13:06

mart0042 wrote:Regardless of who is the owner, ceo, coach, players etc. I will always follow Cas until they fold. And I'd do everything in my power to stop that happening.

The same people come out of the woodwork to have a dig and try to shame the club. Tbh it's embarrassing.

If SG goes, then thanks for your time, you've been great for the club. And the same for DP, staff and players who feel them or their mates have been hard done to.

The club continues, I'll still have a top and my season ticket and watch us ride the Cas rollercoaster for as long as I can.

At the end of the day, Cas is a business and is business is to entertain. We have owners who love the club and we are in a good place financially.
If Cas is a business it should also be run in a professional manner,working tirelessly to increase revenue streams across the board. If i read it right the club is effectively owned by the Fultons and we have closed our sponsorship packages.

Ask yourself this...if you or a company had a large amount of money and wanted to invest in Castleford Tigers how far do you think you would be let in?, because it appears a cosy closed club where the powers that be are sitting tight until the stadium at the end of the rainbow is built.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Feb 2018, 13:21

Back to the title thread and I genuinely believe the Club is in danger of losing integrity for simply letting all the speculation run without any response.

This may be because nothing is actually happening but either way you cannot let the rumours continue without response. Furthermore, if we have released ZH and SG has/is leaving then just admit it. Some may not like it but we will move on and reap what has been sown.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Feb 2018, 13:39

Flat Capper wrote:Back to the title thread and I genuinely believe the Club is in danger of losing integrity for simply letting all the speculation run without any response.

This may be because nothing is actually happening but either way you cannot let the rumours continue without response. Furthermore, if we have released ZH and SG has/is leaving then just admit it. Some may not like it but we will move on and reap what has been sown.
Spot on , the support will rally around as its always done ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 15:39

If they are both no longer here it would not make a big difference to me. ZH should have been sacked or sold in my view.

If the CEO has gone then find another one, as we should have done with a fb, and get on with things.

If this was DP however then I would feel very different. He is the main reason we were flying. Great side playing great rugby generates bigger crowds and revenue.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Feb 2018, 16:47

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:If they are both no longer here it would not make a big difference to me. ZH should have been sacked or sold in my view.

If the CEO has gone then find another one, as we should have done with a fb, and get on with things.

If this was DP however then I would feel very different. He is the main reason we were flying. Great side playing great rugby generates bigger crowds and revenue.
Part of playing that great rugby was due to zak at FB though. So yes we do need another good one if hes gone

johnnya

Post by johnnya » 21 Feb 2018, 18:07

johnnya wrote:Looking at the original post. it seems that the overriding emotion on the Hardaker situation is not anger, nor is it disappointment,nor is it apathy, nor is it disenchantment, not even disbelief. It is sheer bloody frustration. How long is it since the week leading up to the Grand Final?! Months!
The situation has prompted people falling out on the forum who have never met each other. How frustrating is it that the powers that be have not issued a statement or at least a time line regarding a decision , if not a decision itself,
I am not proposing that the club should give a daily report, far from it. However, surely the club must realise that its bread and butter is people coming through the turnstiles, whereas Premier League Football no longer has the 'gate' as its main source of income.
If the frustration of contributors here is manifested in the actions of fans (or non-actions) at the turnstiles ,it is not good news for the club.
Come on Cas, just a brief statement of FACTS to date. With a promise of an update by a certain time? It would at least show that the club recognises the out and out frustration in the fan base.

It's a few hours later, and maybe someone at the club has read this and the many other posts that have expressed varying degrees of exasperation. They have issued a brief statement. They have also said they will advise further when more is known.
Thank you Cas, from yours truly at least, and probably from all fans, for the statement.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 21 Feb 2018, 19:45

Hi All,

As I was the originator of this topic, I am pleased to see that we now have a result on the Zak issue and while the decision must have been made through gritted teeth, the integrity of the club was, I believe, paramount and it gladdens to me to say that I believe they have made the best decision for the club in keeping us honest and above the crap that this so called individual put us through and who has let us all down after the club gave him every opportunity to grasp heroic status with Cas and gain international honours but decided to p.ss on all our cornflakes instead !

For me, WELL DONE CAS and the club can now hold their integrity to a highest ranking rather than sink !

I'm sure there must have been internal stresses and strains on all this wrangling these past few weeks and which must have had SG involved and as to whether this has/had affected his position. At least the correct decision in my opinion
has now been reached.

Hope we can all move on now and get behind the lads - there will be better days to come as I always believe to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. BELIEVE !

johnnya

Post by johnnya » 21 Feb 2018, 20:34

As I said above, thank you to the people at Cas for putting us straight (ish!). Yet there are still people elsewhere on the forum who seem to be unhappy about the financial aspects of the situation. If it had been so easy, there would indeed have been a swift decision but maybe the length of time to make an announcement has shown how complicated it has been. Think 'chess', not 'draughts' would be my response.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 21:54

Money and/or how good the player is/was should not be the top priorities in this. I feel this may have contributed to the uncertsinty.

Now its done time to move on from ZH.

We now need to "Sort out the CEO" situation and then crack on with getting on with playing and winning games.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 Feb 2018, 12:29

duke street 10 wrote:

If Cas is a business it should also be run in a professional manner,working tirelessly to increase revenue streams across the board. If i read it right the club is effectively owned by the Fultons and we have closed our sponsorship packages.

Ask yourself this...if you or a company had a large amount of money and wanted to invest in Castleford Tigers how far do you think you would be let in?, because it appears a cosy closed club where the powers that be are sitting tight until the stadium at the end of the rainbow is built.
I think its a question for the owner. I'm a supporter and happen to think we are doing OK for a little town in wakey. If someone with a lot of money wants Cas, I'm sure theres a price.

If we are talking hypothetical,, I'd love a billionaire who loves Cas. Do you know any? I do know we have an owner that loves Cas and has supported us to the tune of millions. We are quite lucky.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 23 Feb 2018, 15:08

Obviously from what has been said, there appears to have been a massive mistake by the CEO and he has allegedly sacked ZH without Powell's knowledge, Powell had in recent weeks discussed keeping ZH on board and they had gone and got him a job with a sponsor and it looked like he was staying, it appears somebody blinked and sacked him without a thought!! ... What triggered this reaction, why was DP not told? did the BOD get involved (surely they did), or was it solely the CEO's decision?? was it because ZH went to meet Radlinski and SG found out about it? .... so the CEO sacks him, then, in swoop Wigan with a 5 year deal and we get no money for him :shock: :shock: .... then, DP gets back and finds out that his star full back has been "let go" without any reference to DP at all, DP goes up like a volcano in response and there is a massive falling out with SG, the BOD then have to decide who stays and who goes when DP states "its him or me" .. Cue the CEO departure! ... then Cas release a statement pretending that they sacked him in full knowledge of everything and that all parties (including DP) knew all about it [-X ..... We know thats probably not true and the club have just thrown £150k down the toilet!! ..... its pretty obvious that we would DEFINITELY NOT have sacked ZH before finding out what the ban was, so really thats all you need to know and the noises which were coming out of wheldon road over the last few months which were definitely leaning towards him staying at the club..........its a gigantic pecker-up by the club, they must think we are stupid but when the ban turns out to be less than 2 years we will be left with a massive amount of egg on our faces....... ZH would still have been worth £100k of anybodies money in SL even with a 2 year ban, that is pretty obvious, so to pretend this has all been perfectly managed by our very silly BOD, is frankly, ludicrous ](*,)

Alfiedog
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Alfiedog » 23 Feb 2018, 15:14

Well, there we go then.

No need for the club to put out any further statements now that we all know exactly what happened! :roll: :roll: ](*,)

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Feb 2018, 15:16

The last line of the statement hints to me that the club already know the outcome - 'Castleford Tigers will comment on this matter further when UKAD conclude their case.' To me this says 'we already know the outcome of the case which has made us come to this decision, but we cannot make public any details until UKAD have made it official'. Maybe me reading it wrong, but thats how I see it.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Feb 2018, 16:28

As the whole sorry episode could be subject to litigation I'm sure all parties have tried to be careful of not influencing the final decision by UKAD; this could explain the delayed announcement by Cas.

However, if ZH has openly admitted his misdemeanor to the Club direct then it is simply a case of a breach of his contract and/or Club discipline and this is why he's been sacked. This shouldn't have required a 5 month delay.
Spreading the Cas gene pool