Zak Hardaker

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by fords » 21 Feb 2018, 21:19

tigerfeat wrote:
tallguyx wrote:
Kenilworth Tiger wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:The club as plunged to new depths of mismanagement and I thought it would be impossible to out do some of the shannigins that happened under tricky Dickys watch.
Totally disgusted with the club.
what would you have done?
Personally I would’ve instantly dismissed him,as soon as he admitted it. Instead we have had 5 month of nonsense with him still acting as part of the club knocking about with his team mates. If he’s gone to Wigan good he belongs in that cesspit with that bottom feeder club,I would say he would get a warm reaction off his ex team mates but I doubt it as he seems to bizarrely be well liked...

If any of them feel he’s hard done by there’s the door!!!
thats exactly how they feel there faces have been like a wet weekend , see what happens saturday

Then they need to get a f**king grip of themselves. The man who pretty much shafted them from winning the GF and they are moaning he has been sacked. Pathetic

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Feb 2018, 21:22

betts21 wrote:
Kenilworth Tiger wrote:
betts21 wrote:
Kenilworth Tiger wrote:Some very very odd replies to this.

Zak Hardaker let this great club down MASSIVELY on the eve of the biggest day in the clubs history. He let us down by taking an ILLEGAL drug which, in most employment, is a sackable offence.

Keeping him on would have set a terrible precedent and left us open massive criticism from the sporting world.

He should have been sacked immediately.

Absolute class player on his day but well done to the club for having the balls to do this.

Those people calling it a shambles of a decision and an embarrasmment should actually be praising the club for making a very bold, correct and ultimately mature decision.
How can you praise a decision that is so long after the horse has bolted the one question everyone will be asking is why now when every player is signed up probably and no hearing has been heard yet something not right about all this
so is it the timing of the decision or the actual decision you don't agree with?
With out the investigation been finished I disagree with the decision as there’s yet no certain out come. But the timing of this decision just leaves everyone thinking why now if we were going to do it should have been done from the very second he was suspended as from them to now nothing has changed as far as we know
The club may be aware of what his ban is going to be now so took the decision.

or the club got fed up of paying his full whack and got rid

brodie123

Post by brodie123 » 21 Feb 2018, 21:23

I really hope Zac can sort himself out, he is a talented player who unfortunately lets people who support him down. I hope he comes out of this terrible mess in one piece.
It's simple Cas had no option other than to sack him or he would have walked out. To all the people who say we should have waited until we know the outcome of the tests, grow up and stop being critical of the club.
there is no judgement to be made he has admitted the offence and he will be banned for two years. It's a mandatory sentence in the UK that rugby players are banned for two years for having a banned substance in your system. The option for Cas therefore is to continue to pay his salary ( it's alleged and rumours suggest his salary is the largest at the club) then we either pay his salary or we break his contract.
You can't pay his salary while he works for one of the clubs sponsors and does not play rugby for us. Two years on a big contract, we simply cannot afford it.
It's clear Cas have taken legal advice, they stop his salary, or reduce his salary they would be in breach of contract under employment law, so unless when he signed his contract it included such words as breach of club rules etc then you cannot hold onto a players registration without paying him his contractual salary. Don't forget both sides have their legal teams and who ever is to blame bears no resemblance as to who's fault it is, the lawyers have a duty to look after their clients. Therefore this decision is best for both parties, whoever he signs for will have a backlash while Cas will hold the moral high ground.

johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnboy » 21 Feb 2018, 21:25

nottinghamtiger wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:Zak Hardaker: Castleford Tigers dismiss full-back for failed drugs test

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/43146986

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... drugs-test
Good. I absolutely think we have done the right thing.
Hardaker has proven time and time again that he can’t help pressing the self-destruct button.
Assault, homophobia, class A, getting hammered on England duty (plus lots of other rumoured indiscretions) - every time he says he’ll change; every time he screws up again. It’s not a matter of if he can keep himself out of trouble, but how long he can go without doing something else completely idiotic. I’m afraid he just can’t be trusted to behave himself for longer than a season or so.
Having someone like that at the club, regardless of his ability, just isn’t worth the inevitable problems he will cause. He’s no longer a kid who made a silly mistake, but a bloke in his mid-twenties who, time after time, decides to do things that damage himself and the club he is playing for.
I worry for him if he’s banned for two years. Without the focus of professional RL (and at least the time it takes up) he’s got even less reason to keep on the straight and narrow. Indeed, you only need to bump into him in one of his favourite clubs and it’s clear that he’s still making bad decisions. It wouldn’t be a surprise if he was in prison by the end of his suspension. I hope organisations such as State if Mind can support him, but to be honest there is only so much that can be done for someone so intent on ruining their life.
On a personal level I hope he can sort himself out, but past experience suggests this is very unlikely. I’m glad he’s not going to be at Cas the next time he inevitably screws up.
Totally agree. Will probably be a "crack head" before he reaches the end of his ban.
Be reasonable - do it my way!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Feb 2018, 21:29

Mucky1978 wrote:Reckon Cas have kept him to see how long he was going get but he’s now had is hearing and it’s been confirmed he as a 2 year ban so they have sacked him.
Reckon announcement on ban will come out in next few days.

reckon you could be right there

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Feb 2018, 21:35

Now that I know he's gone, it's good riddance from me. Tainted goods.

It may sound petty but I hope that he has seen the last of his days of pulling on the shirt of any RL club in this or any country.

I will never forget the painful experience that many of us felt at OT in the GF - watching a team that was unrecognisable. I hold him responsible for that. He ruined the dreams of many, young and old, who should have witnessed the final chapter of a fairy tale, a minor miracle. I want that to sit with him for the rest of his life.

He has selfishly caused problems for colleagues of all types at several clubs throughout his career. He deserves no sympathy - only scorn. He cannot be trusted.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Feb 2018, 21:37

brodie123 wrote:I really hope Zac can sort himself out, he is a talented player who unfortunately lets people who support him down. I hope he comes out of this terrible mess in one piece.
It's simple Cas had no option other than to sack him or he would have walked out. To all the people who say we should have waited until we know the outcome of the tests, grow up and stop being critical of the club.
there is no judgement to be made he has admitted the offence and he will be banned for two years. It's a mandatory sentence in the UK that rugby players are banned for two years for having a banned substance in your system. The option for Cas therefore is to continue to pay his salary ( it's alleged and rumours suggest his salary is the largest at the club) then we either pay his salary or we break his contract.
You can't pay his salary while he works for one of the clubs sponsors and does not play rugby for us. Two years on a big contract, we simply cannot afford it.
It's clear Cas have taken legal advice, they stop his salary, or reduce his salary they would be in breach of contract under employment law, so unless when he signed his contract it included such words as breach of club rules etc then you cannot hold onto a players registration without paying him his contractual salary. Don't forget both sides have their legal teams and who ever is to blame bears no resemblance as to who's fault it is, the lawyers have a duty to look after their clients. Therefore this decision is best for both parties, whoever he signs for will have a backlash while Cas will hold the moral high ground.
Great post. We move on....

Kenilworth Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kenilworth Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 21:44

Sharlotiger wrote:
Kenilworth Tiger wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:The club as plunged to new depths of mismanagement and I thought it would be impossible to out do some of the shannigins that happened under tricky Dickys watch.
Totally disgusted with the club.
what would you have done?
I would have retained his reg until we at least new what the ban was, why have we sacked him at this point, could have understood it more straight after the Grand Final.
Absolute joke of a club. Now Wigan pick him up as a free agent and if he does mess up again it costs them nothing, whilst we in our wisdom throw £150,000 down the plug hole.
Fine piece of business KT.
But it’s not a “business decision” it’s a moral decision which I think is correct.

I was at the World athletics when Justin Garland was roundly booed - I do not want that sort of a reaction to my club.

You have to take away his playing ability and look at the damage he’s caused to the club.

If I was a player in the same team as him who has strived by balls off to be the best I can totally drug free, then I would be incredibly miffed if my druggy team mate was kept on.

We can’t play the moral card by getting rid of Carey then keep Hardaker - and that’s just another reason why I applaud this terribly difficult decision
I don't have a favourite second team - it's Cas 100% for me

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Feb 2018, 21:50

SuffolkTiger wrote:Now that I know he's gone, it's good riddance from me. Tainted goods.

It may sound petty but I hope that he has seen the last of his days of pulling on the shirt of any RL club in this or any country.

I will never forget the painful experience that many of us felt at OT in the GF - watching a team that was unrecognisable. I hold him responsible for that. He ruined the dreams of many, young and old, who should have witnessed the final chapter of a fairy tale, a minor miracle. I want that to sit with him for the rest of his life.

He has selfishly caused problems for colleagues of all types at several clubs throughout his career. He deserves no sympathy - only scorn. He cannot be trusted.
:clap: :clap: However he wont give 2 hoots, he will move on to another club and get 100k plus a year until it goes [REMOVED] up again

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 21:56

Doesnt matter now. Its finally sorted. Time to forget the ending of his time with the club.

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 21 Feb 2018, 21:57

Well done to whoever at the club made the decision. I am proud that Cas have put the integrity of the club first.

I dont give two hoots about how other clubs would have dealt with this but any potential signings in the future they will know what our standards are.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 21 Feb 2018, 23:13

Kenilworth Tiger wrote:
You have to take away his playing ability and look at the damage he’s caused to the club.
Nail on head!

The lad is a great talent and went a long way to where we were last season, but my God, how he shattered so many dreams at the end due to his selfishness and stupidity.

Doubt he'll ever change his ways. A person can be given only so many last chances.
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 21 Feb 2018, 23:23

HuddsTigers wrote:
takethetwo wrote:Still feel it’s poorly done by the club . Everyone in RL knew he was going to be banned . Should have sacked him , either got rid of Hitchcox ( or just not sign Lo/Clark . David Mead was available and we know we could afford his wages . ANY fullback would have done , but no , we wait until the season kicks off and the only options we have that DP seems happy with is Roberts or Eden . Shambolic . Back to the Cas of old.
Did we? How do you know we could have afforded his wages? What if he's on £200k per year at Catalans?
Zak's wages plus Hitchcox and would be 140ish at a guess . And that is assuming Mead is on that much . Never mind Clare etc. If we really wanted him I'm sure it could have been done .

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Feb 2018, 09:24

Id have kept him myself but ive no problem with his sacking and given his previous its just the timing youve waited this long why not wait a bit longer see what the ban is
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Feb 2018, 09:35

us as supporters can think back and think of the players we have had the privilege to watch who have been a credit to our club, then comes along in quick succession silly RANGI and one trying to be dafter SILLY ZAK if we had a vote i think ZAK would win as the daftest

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Feb 2018, 09:47

Daftest hard to argue against that , also one of the best ive seen down there in last 50 years , like i say can you imagine if we kept him and week before challange cup final bad news starts breaking about him got to move on and bring in the players we need during 2018 one good fullback two good forwards with our coaches we have and the players we have no need for long term prospects to be very bright indeed
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

masher

Post by masher » 22 Feb 2018, 09:47

Glad he has gone.
Can understand fans Questioning why not try and get a fee, but the pros and cons of that must have been weighed up.
Providing he gets a 2 years ban I'm not worried about any plans he has after that, Wigan or otherwise. It would be the greatest achievement of his career if he stays out of trouble for 2 years without the focus of a Rugby career.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 22 Feb 2018, 11:05

Finally sense has prevailed. The only thing I'd have done differently is make a decision the week after the Grand Final, instead of 5 months of uncertainty. Still, it's better than keeping him on for however long the ban is, and hoping he stays out of bother without even the distraction of 1st team rugby.

I don't buy the argument that's it's just a mistake and everyone does it etc. The way some of the apologists have reacted, it's like poor Zak somehow found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time and fell over his shoelaces, tripped up and his nose landed right next to a certain something. It reminds me of that sketch from Little Britain with a disgraced politician stood outside his house with his wife giving the most ridiculous reasons to the press as to why he found himself in a compromising position.

Yes, he without sin etc etc but it's constant, just how many chances do you need? He's a fantastic player on it, he's responsible for some of the great Super League trys and I wanted him to stay out of trouble but for whatever reason he cannot avoid controversy off the pitch.

I can now see exactly what will happen: He'll probably go somewhere (Wigan?), will serve his ban, will be lauded and loved by that clubs fans, no doubt he'll score against us and celebrate wildly in front of the Wheldon Road end. Then somewhere down the line, the same off field problems will occur. Then he'll be moved on to Salford or Widnes, and the wagon keeps rolling.

Regardless, just like when Chase left, I genuinely wish him well and hope he can get the help he needs so he can show his talents on the pitch.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Feb 2018, 11:39

I agree with you Askham Tiger.
With regards to the timing I would have thought that possible legal and employment issues which may have to some extent dictated the timetable.
The only disagreement with your statement is hopefully we will not watching anything from The Wheldon Road End when he has served his ban as we will be in our new stadium!

Fairburn Tiger

Post by Fairburn Tiger » 22 Feb 2018, 12:44

masher wrote:Glad he has gone.
Can understand fans Questioning why not try and get a fee, but the pros and cons of that must have been weighed up.
Providing he gets a 2 years ban I'm not worried about any plans he has after that, Wigan or otherwise. It would be the greatest achievement of his career if he stays out of trouble for 2 years without the focus of a Rugby career.
If I can comment on Zak with compassion, I'd be positive for the kid and wish him the strength to sort out his life and keep out of trouble.

Right. Reality check. It ain't gonna happen. The bloke's private life is a car crash. He is not going to change at his age, I'm genuinely sorry to say. If Wigan do take a punt with him, it WILL blow up in their faces like Leeds and Cas.