Zak Hardaker

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Feb 2018, 09:47

Daftest hard to argue against that , also one of the best ive seen down there in last 50 years , like i say can you imagine if we kept him and week before challange cup final bad news starts breaking about him got to move on and bring in the players we need during 2018 one good fullback two good forwards with our coaches we have and the players we have no need for long term prospects to be very bright indeed
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

masher

Post by masher » 22 Feb 2018, 09:47

Glad he has gone.
Can understand fans Questioning why not try and get a fee, but the pros and cons of that must have been weighed up.
Providing he gets a 2 years ban I'm not worried about any plans he has after that, Wigan or otherwise. It would be the greatest achievement of his career if he stays out of trouble for 2 years without the focus of a Rugby career.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 22 Feb 2018, 11:05

Finally sense has prevailed. The only thing I'd have done differently is make a decision the week after the Grand Final, instead of 5 months of uncertainty. Still, it's better than keeping him on for however long the ban is, and hoping he stays out of bother without even the distraction of 1st team rugby.

I don't buy the argument that's it's just a mistake and everyone does it etc. The way some of the apologists have reacted, it's like poor Zak somehow found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time and fell over his shoelaces, tripped up and his nose landed right next to a certain something. It reminds me of that sketch from Little Britain with a disgraced politician stood outside his house with his wife giving the most ridiculous reasons to the press as to why he found himself in a compromising position.

Yes, he without sin etc etc but it's constant, just how many chances do you need? He's a fantastic player on it, he's responsible for some of the great Super League trys and I wanted him to stay out of trouble but for whatever reason he cannot avoid controversy off the pitch.

I can now see exactly what will happen: He'll probably go somewhere (Wigan?), will serve his ban, will be lauded and loved by that clubs fans, no doubt he'll score against us and celebrate wildly in front of the Wheldon Road end. Then somewhere down the line, the same off field problems will occur. Then he'll be moved on to Salford or Widnes, and the wagon keeps rolling.

Regardless, just like when Chase left, I genuinely wish him well and hope he can get the help he needs so he can show his talents on the pitch.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Feb 2018, 11:39

I agree with you Askham Tiger.
With regards to the timing I would have thought that possible legal and employment issues which may have to some extent dictated the timetable.
The only disagreement with your statement is hopefully we will not watching anything from The Wheldon Road End when he has served his ban as we will be in our new stadium!

Fairburn Tiger

Post by Fairburn Tiger » 22 Feb 2018, 12:44

masher wrote:Glad he has gone.
Can understand fans Questioning why not try and get a fee, but the pros and cons of that must have been weighed up.
Providing he gets a 2 years ban I'm not worried about any plans he has after that, Wigan or otherwise. It would be the greatest achievement of his career if he stays out of trouble for 2 years without the focus of a Rugby career.
If I can comment on Zak with compassion, I'd be positive for the kid and wish him the strength to sort out his life and keep out of trouble.

Right. Reality check. It ain't gonna happen. The bloke's private life is a car crash. He is not going to change at his age, I'm genuinely sorry to say. If Wigan do take a punt with him, it WILL blow up in their faces like Leeds and Cas.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 22 Feb 2018, 13:04

i think zac himself has forced our hand. its not as if he's reformed since his suspension. so many people are reporting he's still at it and makes no secret of it. it must have got back to the club and they can't just ignore it and see themselves being taken for fools and laughed at. he gave us some great memories last year for which I will be forever grateful but if he carries on like he is his brain will be too addled to play sport before much longer.
its no good saying he needs help, he's had it in spades and thrown it back in our faces.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Feb 2018, 13:46

lurcher wrote:i think zac himself has forced our hand. its not as if he's reformed since his suspension. so many people are reporting he's still at it and makes no secret of it. it must have got back to the club and they can't just ignore it and see themselves being taken for fools and laughed at. he gave us some great memories last year for which I will be forever grateful but if he carries on like he is his brain will be too addled to play sport before much longer.
its no good saying he needs help, he's had it in spades and thrown it back in our faces.
I would never be so bold as to condone any form of substance abuse but I will point out that ZH is not currently affiliated to any sport and can take what he wants without further risk to is sporting career. The long-term effect may be more of an issue but that would be his choice to do so.

I'll never understand why anyone would take the risk of using a substance that has no quality control or is not authorised by the authorities in any way but many young men and women are doing so on a regular basis.

One can only hope they all eventually see sense!!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 22 Feb 2018, 14:26

The club has finally done the correct thing, but 5 months to late. We have now lost out on a transfer fee and had to pay his salary for 5 months. This all should have been done early October.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Feb 2018, 15:45

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 22 Feb 2018, 16:47

Amazing that coach Wane doesn't know that his CEO (Radlinski) has been in talks with ZH for weeks.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Feb 2018, 17:57

It's an interesting take on things...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Feb 2018, 18:43

Tigerade wrote:Amazing that coach Wane doesn't know that his CEO (Radlinski) has been in talks with ZH for weeks.
It's Wigan's policy to never comment on rumours.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 22 Feb 2018, 19:00

Manages to get a little dig in there, I see.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 22 Feb 2018, 19:22

Any thoughts of who we are going to get then?
Also, I understand that he would be a good player wherever he goes but are you sure it'll be Wigan? They already have Escare and Tomkins. Can't really see why they would need another fullback

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 22 Feb 2018, 19:24

Yes well did everyone notice that dig of Wane's towards Cas in mentioning that they always stand by their players a la Mcilorum and Hock etc - I bet he wouldn't be saying that if he had spent £150K and had massive disruption just before a GF that cost his team a GF win and a 2 year ban emerging !! It also and allegedly seems to smack of him accepting and dismissing the seriousness of drug taking in sport and overlooking this fact just to keep winning by any means ! Always thought he was underhand anyway and a very bad loser in defeat !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Feb 2018, 19:37

What he doesn't also factor in is that given their support and corporate brand pulling power, they have the ability pee money up the wall on players who have baggage.

As a club, we don't - we have a very finite cap of spending.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 22 Feb 2018, 20:06

I tend to think that Wane and Steve Diamond over at Sale Sharks may have had the same mother but different fathers !

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 22 Feb 2018, 21:10

HuddsTigers wrote:What he doesn't also factor in is that given their support and corporate brand pulling power, they have the ability pee money up the wall on players who have baggage.

As a club, we don't - we have a very finite cap of spending.
How come as a club we take such risks on players known to have issues, can't remember Wigan taking too many gambles in the past.
If Hardaker screws up Wigan wont be the side who gambled £150,000 on him.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Feb 2018, 22:00

Really cannot see anyone committing to the lad until they are clear on his sentence from WADA .
If the comments regarding his recreational habits since his suspension are true this would suggest no remorse or intention of changing his behaviour.
Cas took a risk unfortunately Zac showed he has little or no regards but self gratifications,
We don't get the opportunity of securing many world class players at so in stone ways it was an understandable risk which up and until the suspension was paying off on the field.
Wigan on the other hand are big name with a wealthy backer who show scant regard for anyone but themselves.
But I would be surprised if they or anyone else would want to damage the clubs harmony when he makes his next transgression.
Grow up ,clean your act up or get used to working at the cleaners

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 22 Feb 2018, 22:17

Leeds rhinos basically sold Cas a player with a cocaine habit and they knew about it. Surely there is a case against the Rhinos for our money back ??