Zak Hardaker

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by WallTiger » 23 Feb 2018, 11:37

betts21 wrote:Just a question but what grounds have we sacked Zak under as the results of the investigation aren’t known yet so surley until that has been proven we couldn’t use that to sack a player? So I thats the case what else has happened
I understand where you’re coming from but Hardaker himself pretty much admitted his guilt when the news first broke. I can’t recall reading anything where he has denied any wrongdoing and surely if he was innocent he’d be shouting it from the rooftops? I don’t think there’s any doubt it’s just a case of what the punishment will be and if he gets less than the usual 2 years I can only see that being due to testing errors being made as has been mooted on here previously.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 23 Feb 2018, 11:55

I have a really bad feeling that he won’t get a ban after all. I saw some nonsense yesterday on a Wigan forum saying that the super 8 and playoffs may not be classed as the same competition as the regular super league!! So it could be construed as out of competition.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 23 Feb 2018, 12:10

Have you people not learned by now it's a different set if rules that apply to Wigan. Zac will get away with it and be free to play for Wigan this season. Cas £150k down on the deal and Leeds rhinos get paid for a player they knew was using drugs. STINKS BIG TIME.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 23 Feb 2018, 12:13

westerbeast wrote:Have you people not learned by now it's a different set if rules that apply to Wigan. Zac will get away with it and be free to play for Wigan this season. Cas £150k down on the deal and Leeds rhinos get paid for a player they knew was using drugs. STINKS BIG TIME.
No chance, if that was the case Cas wouldn't have sacked him this past week.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 23 Feb 2018, 12:19

tallguyx wrote:I have a really bad feeling that he won’t get a ban after all. I saw some nonsense yesterday on a Wigan forum saying that the super 8 and playoffs may not be classed as the same competition as the regular super league!! So it could be construed as out of competition.
I saw the same, a load of BS it's still in competition.

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 23 Feb 2018, 12:22

westerbeast wrote:Have you people not learned by now it's a different set if rules that apply to Wigan. Zac will get away with it and be free to play for Wigan this season. Cas £150k down on the deal and Leeds rhinos get paid for a player they knew was using drugs. STINKS BIG TIME.
It’s not the RFL that set the ban though so he will still get banned.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 23 Feb 2018, 12:24

Absolute gargage. At least one year ban. Hopefully and probably likely 2. Assume this will be retroactive from last Oct too so he has already served part of the ban. Hope we don't see him in action until 2020.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Feb 2018, 12:28

looking at some of the other forums cas are being shown in a bad light to say this could have being handled better is looking like the understatement of the year
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 23 Feb 2018, 12:50

I think cas are handling it in the only way possible. Keeping stum. I think they are being professional about it and will release a statement when appropriate. How many times do you see other people make statements that turn out to be bull. Wane yesterday will look a complete ar5e when it's announced they have signed him and he's denied it all.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 23 Feb 2018, 13:33

tigerfeat wrote:looking at some of the other forums cas are being shown in a bad light to say this could have being handled better is looking like the understatement of the year

What else are they supposed to do until a result of his hearing is know ?

So either they now know and have took a decision, something else has happened and they have got rid or something else

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Feb 2018, 16:22

tallguyx wrote:I have a really bad feeling that he won’t get a ban after all. I saw some nonsense yesterday on a Wigan forum saying that the super 8 and playoffs may not be classed as the same competition as the regular super league!! So it could be construed as out of competition.
That is the biggest load of tosh I've ever read about RL (not your input Tallguy but the Wigan board). whilst it may be construed that the end of season playoffs are not part of the SL season (even though they result in the SL championship final), it is still a competition. Common sense tells me that out of competition means not part of a competition and I cannot see how anyone can argue the playoffs are friendlies?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 23 Feb 2018, 16:29

Flat Capper wrote:
That is the biggest load of tosh I've ever read about RL (not your input Tallguy but the Wigan board). whilst it may be construed that the end of season playoffs are not part of the SL season (even though they result in the SL championship final), it is still a competition. Common sense tells me that out of competition means not part of a competition and I cannot see how anyone can argue the playoffs are friendlies?
Certainly is cobblers because he was tested in september in normal sl season. ](*,)

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 23 Feb 2018, 16:43

43s flyer wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
Certainly is cobblers because he was tested in september in normal sl season. ](*,)
Tested after Leeds game apparently, which was in the Super 8s. Still 'in competition' though.

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 23 Feb 2018, 18:17

So by that logic we could have kept him & picked him just for this season's Challenge Cup games. What a load of ****

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Feb 2018, 18:35

drleftie wrote:
So by that logic we could have kept him & picked him just for this season's Challenge Cup games. What a load of ****
I find it amusing. Theres one rule for the whole of sport, but Wigan think they have their own set of rules. Keeps me entertained reading their board anyway :lol: :lol:

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 23 Feb 2018, 19:11

derbystiger wrote:
drleftie wrote:
I find it amusing. Theres one rule for the whole of sport, but Wigan think they have their own set of rules. Keeps me entertained reading their board anyway :lol: :lol:
said for years wigan have there own rule books

brodie123

Post by brodie123 » 24 Feb 2018, 09:45

We need to move forward, who are the fools, the team who sold Zak or the team that paid out £150k knowing he was trouble. It isn't the Rhinos fault what he got caught with, it's our fault for buying him in the first place. They say a fool and his money are easy parted, it certainly rings true here, nobody to blame but ourselves. The whole issue has been a disaster and no wonder heads are rolling. We should never have bought him in the first place.mwhats that about leopards and spots. Didn't we just try rubbing the Rhinos face in it last season well the old saying what comes round goes round and it came around at the end of last season, in future we all need to show a little more empathy. Zak will get his two year ban, if not the RFL will have lawyers all over them with appeals etc. Once he admitted the offence there was only ever going to be one outcome, either he walked or he was going to be sacked, as soon as we stopped paying his salary his contract was broken so at least we have the moral high ground. Wigan, will he go there, I don't give a dam where he goes and plays, it's not my problem, all I hope is that if the chap has mental health issues he survives and does his best to get himself out of this mess.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 24 Feb 2018, 10:22

He has no mental health issues as far as I can see, if Cas thought he had I'm pretty sure they'd have stood by him.
His problem is that he's a young ish lad, mixing with the wrong crowd and has a fair wad of money each month to spend, as the saying goes, "what could possibly go wrong?"

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Feb 2018, 11:16

brodie123 wrote:

We need to move forward, who are the fools, the team who sold Zak or the team that paid out £150k knowing he was trouble. It isn't the Rhinos fault what he got caught with, it's our fault for buying him in the first place. They say a fool and his money are easy parted, it certainly rings true here, nobody to blame but ourselves. The whole issue has been a disaster and no wonder heads are rolling. We should never have bought him in the first place.mwhats that about leopards and spots. Didn't we just try rubbing the Rhinos face in it last season well the old saying what comes round goes round and it came around at the end of last season, in future we all need to show a little more empathy. Zak will get his two year ban, if not the RFL will have lawyers all over them with appeals etc. Once he admitted the offence there was only ever going to be one outcome, either he walked or he was going to be sacked, as soon as we stopped paying his salary his contract was broken so at least we have the moral high ground. Wigan, will he go there, I don't give a dam where he goes and plays, it's not my problem, all I hope is that if the chap has mental health issues he survives and does his best to get himself out of this mess.
I didn't notice many on this forum pointing out that a fool and his money etc. when we signed him! Why didn't you say so we could have saved all that cash?

brodie123

Post by brodie123 » 24 Feb 2018, 11:44

Yes Cogito, 100% correct, but I was not shouting from the roof tops. I also know what had happened at Leeds. Leeds never hushed up the problems , it was common knowledge what was happening and the chances he had.
A brilliant rugby player, very talented young man , yet Leeds let him go, and we bought him knowing what had been happening. Why did we ever think we could change him I do not know, but good luck to the lad, he will need it and I sincerely hope he does get over this and he turns out to be a great full back for England. If he plays here in the UK or in Aus I hope he gets over his problems and proves us all wrong