Zak Hardaker

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Feb 2018, 19:37

What he doesn't also factor in is that given their support and corporate brand pulling power, they have the ability pee money up the wall on players who have baggage.

As a club, we don't - we have a very finite cap of spending.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 22 Feb 2018, 20:06

I tend to think that Wane and Steve Diamond over at Sale Sharks may have had the same mother but different fathers !

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 22 Feb 2018, 21:10

HuddsTigers wrote:What he doesn't also factor in is that given their support and corporate brand pulling power, they have the ability pee money up the wall on players who have baggage.

As a club, we don't - we have a very finite cap of spending.
How come as a club we take such risks on players known to have issues, can't remember Wigan taking too many gambles in the past.
If Hardaker screws up Wigan wont be the side who gambled £150,000 on him.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Feb 2018, 22:00

Really cannot see anyone committing to the lad until they are clear on his sentence from WADA .
If the comments regarding his recreational habits since his suspension are true this would suggest no remorse or intention of changing his behaviour.
Cas took a risk unfortunately Zac showed he has little or no regards but self gratifications,
We don't get the opportunity of securing many world class players at so in stone ways it was an understandable risk which up and until the suspension was paying off on the field.
Wigan on the other hand are big name with a wealthy backer who show scant regard for anyone but themselves.
But I would be surprised if they or anyone else would want to damage the clubs harmony when he makes his next transgression.
Grow up ,clean your act up or get used to working at the cleaners

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 22 Feb 2018, 22:17

Leeds rhinos basically sold Cas a player with a cocaine habit and they knew about it. Surely there is a case against the Rhinos for our money back ??

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 22 Feb 2018, 22:22

westerbeast wrote:Leeds rhinos basically sold Cas a player with a cocaine habit and they knew about it. Surely there is a case against the Rhinos for our money back ??

deary me. worst post I've ever EVER seen.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Feb 2018, 22:37

Don't be so unkind .
New to the forum.
Certain naive logic.
But be reet there have been far worst post.
Let the recently delayed not cause any more disharmony .

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 22 Feb 2018, 22:43

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I don't recall many fans on here shouting a warning when we forked out £150K.

And not only Leeds knew about his habits, they were common knowledge.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 22 Feb 2018, 23:17

Casmoley wrote:
westerbeast wrote:Leeds rhinos basically sold Cas a player with a cocaine habit and they knew about it. Surely there is a case against the Rhinos for our money back ??

deary me. worst post I've ever EVER seen.
You haven't read much on here than Moley. As implausible as that one is, I have seen way worse.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Feb 2018, 00:43

he also said zac had made an error. just the one then. lol
jo brand is eddie warings love child

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 23 Feb 2018, 09:00

Zak has gone so no longer anything to do with us, lock the thread it's getting very tiresome.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Feb 2018, 09:10

There seems to be a growing number of people on here who seem to think they can tell people what they can -can not talk about
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 23 Feb 2018, 09:13

Just a question but what grounds have we sacked Zak under as the results of the investigation aren’t known yet so surley until that has been proven we couldn’t use that to sack a player? So I thats the case what else has happened

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Feb 2018, 10:10

WANE , i had to smile with what he as been quoted as saying in the mirror this morning, ZAK MAY have made an error I DONT KNOW, talk about making your mouth say anything

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 Feb 2018, 11:09

My last thoughts on this.

I think Cas have waited for the result and have dealt with the issue correctly. They may have spoken to him and know what's gone on.

I wonder if they've said "have your ban away from the sport and then we'll give you a trial to see if you can earn a contract after you've proved your self". If he meant what he said when he first joined, he'd take that option. If not, I guess he'll get some hammer in Cas.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 23 Feb 2018, 11:37

betts21 wrote:Just a question but what grounds have we sacked Zak under as the results of the investigation aren’t known yet so surley until that has been proven we couldn’t use that to sack a player? So I thats the case what else has happened
I understand where you’re coming from but Hardaker himself pretty much admitted his guilt when the news first broke. I can’t recall reading anything where he has denied any wrongdoing and surely if he was innocent he’d be shouting it from the rooftops? I don’t think there’s any doubt it’s just a case of what the punishment will be and if he gets less than the usual 2 years I can only see that being due to testing errors being made as has been mooted on here previously.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 23 Feb 2018, 11:55

I have a really bad feeling that he won’t get a ban after all. I saw some nonsense yesterday on a Wigan forum saying that the super 8 and playoffs may not be classed as the same competition as the regular super league!! So it could be construed as out of competition.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 23 Feb 2018, 12:10

Have you people not learned by now it's a different set if rules that apply to Wigan. Zac will get away with it and be free to play for Wigan this season. Cas £150k down on the deal and Leeds rhinos get paid for a player they knew was using drugs. STINKS BIG TIME.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 23 Feb 2018, 12:13

westerbeast wrote:Have you people not learned by now it's a different set if rules that apply to Wigan. Zac will get away with it and be free to play for Wigan this season. Cas £150k down on the deal and Leeds rhinos get paid for a player they knew was using drugs. STINKS BIG TIME.
No chance, if that was the case Cas wouldn't have sacked him this past week.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 23 Feb 2018, 12:19

tallguyx wrote:I have a really bad feeling that he won’t get a ban after all. I saw some nonsense yesterday on a Wigan forum saying that the super 8 and playoffs may not be classed as the same competition as the regular super league!! So it could be construed as out of competition.
I saw the same, a load of BS it's still in competition.