Zak Hardaker

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
callum_walker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Zak Hardaker

Post by callum_walker » 19 Feb 2018, 17:08

I just had to write a piece on Hardaker and his apparent move to Wigan what with all the rumours flying around. Not sure whether this should go in the rumour mill or in all things tiger though? Please redirect to which you see fit.

Do you think he deserves another chance anywhere? https://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/ ... 75797.html

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Feb 2018, 17:23

“Powell and the Tigers' boardroom were even willing to part with £150,000 to take Hardaker permanently - a fee which Castleford have never got close to paying before for a player.”

Hardaker wasn’t a record signing. We paid £170,000 for Graham Steadman back in 1989 (which would be 400k+ in today’s money).

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 19 Feb 2018, 17:53

nottinghamtiger wrote:“Powell and the Tigers' boardroom were even willing to part with £150,000 to take Hardaker permanently - a fee which Castleford have never got close to paying before for a player.”

Hardaker wasn’t a record signing. We paid £170,000 for Graham Steadman back in 1989 (which would be 400k+ in today’s money).
And how much did we pay for Crooks?

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Feb 2018, 17:58

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:“Powell and the Tigers' boardroom were even willing to part with £150,000 to take Hardaker permanently - a fee which Castleford have never got close to paying before for a player.”

And how much did we pay for Crooks?
£150k.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 19 Feb 2018, 17:59

150k if my memory serves me right. Smales wasn't far off that figure either.

callum_walker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by callum_walker » 19 Feb 2018, 18:08

Fair enough, I didn't know that! My apologies

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 19 Feb 2018, 18:56

Having just read the link re Wigan, and wanting to stay out of the scuttlebutt which surrounds Hardaker until now, I have to say that a person known to me was out in Zac's and his partners company recently and he allegedly said that " Chris (Radlinski ) has been chasing me to sign for Wigan......I dont know what Cas' intentions about me are......so I've signed for Wigan"
This is from the same source who informed me weeks before it was officially released by Cas that we had signed Corey Aston,, which at the time I found hard to believe

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2018, 19:05

the happy hooker9 wrote:Having just read the link re Wigan, and wanting to stay out of the scuttlebutt which surrounds Hardaker until now, I have to say that a person known to me was out in Zac's and his partners company recently and he allegedly said that " Chris (Radlinski ) has been chasing me to sign for Wigan......I dont know what Cas' intentions about me are......so I've signed for Wigan"
This is from the same source who informed me weeks before it was officially released by Cas that we had signed Corey Aston,, which at the time I found hard to believe
He couldn't have signed for Wigan unless he'd been released by the Club... :hand:
Audacter Et Sincere

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 19 Feb 2018, 19:23

We havnt released zak yet and why would we when we dont know whats going to be the outcome.if its true though about him going to wigan on 5 year deal just shows how less of a man he is instead of stayin and facing the consiquences he runs off to another club BUT i hope he stays and repays castleford for standing by him and earns the respect back

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Feb 2018, 20:06

the happy hooker9 wrote:Having just read the link re Wigan, and wanting to stay out of the scuttlebutt which surrounds Hardaker until now, I have to say that a person known to me was out in Zac's and his partners company recently and he allegedly said that " Chris (Radlinski ) has been chasing me to sign for Wigan......I dont know what Cas' intentions about me are......so I've signed for Wigan"
He cant sign for anybody unless we have released or sacked him. He is contracted to us for another 4 years.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Feb 2018, 20:07

Of coure cas dont until he has his hearing.

The lad is thick as 2 short planks clearly. Just have to look at his actions off the field.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2018, 20:34

fords wrote:
He cant sign for anybody unless we have released or sacked him. He is contracted to us for another 4 years.
I think this is the key. I believe the rumour he was released out of his original contract and Wigan took advantage whilst we were fannying about
Audacter Et Sincere

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 19 Feb 2018, 20:40

Mysterio wrote:
fords wrote:
I think this is the key. I believe the rumour he was released out of his original contract and Wigan took advantage whilst we were fannying about
well if this is true it just about sums us up at the minute-are we really this pathetic and naïve?

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Feb 2018, 20:46

Bramley Tiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
fords wrote:
well if this is true it just about sums us up at the minute-are we really this pathetic and naïve?
Simple answer yes.

Too many rumours going about. Bound to be some truth in one of them

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Feb 2018, 21:04

The rumour we sacked him to put him on a lesser wage while he served a ban and he decided in the mean time to bugger off to wigan is like something from a black comedy
We also got him a job with one of the sponsors to make his money up ...bloody hell thats taking the you know what if its true
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 19 Feb 2018, 21:09

If Steve Gill sacked Hardaker, how can one man have that much power, which in turn gets himself sacked, surely these things should be done at board level, ](*,)

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 19 Feb 2018, 21:22

If true don’t no why people are bothered obviously doesn’t like the club and as no loyalty to us.
He will never change hangs around with to many losers to ever change.

SY Tiger

Post by SY Tiger » 19 Feb 2018, 21:51

SY Tiger wrote:
There is talk on Facebook and talk on here. Talk in supermarkets, fish shops and the barbers
All Cas fans read forums, discus in supermarkets, fish shops etc .
At the sametime members of the board. coaches and players also read and discus.

Its about time someone at the club in authority, who actually cares about the club comes clean. Call an Emergency board meeting and sort this mess out.
I call upon fellow minion supporters (because that is how we are been treat) to stop the rumours and demand through the power of social media some clarity. This is not just simply a Denny Solomona situation, it is highly damaging the longer it goes on.
Stuck in the middle is a man (SG our CEO) who has always been a credit to himself and to the club.
Things must be still raw for Zak so I also ask that people give him some space. If he wants to go to Wigan fair enough but time will tell. Give the lad some space and let those at the club who can make a difference talk to him.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 Feb 2018, 22:01

I was told zak signing for Wigan was a done deal unless the ban was less than 2years
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2018, 22:03

Murmurings of a 12 game retrospective ban..
See Hardaker thread in rumour section. Suggest this one locked.
Audacter Et Sincere