Zak Hardaker

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by onetiger » 23 Feb 2018, 19:11

derbystiger wrote:
drleftie wrote:
tallguyx wrote:I have a really bad feeling that he won’t get a ban after all. I saw some nonsense yesterday on a Wigan forum saying that the super 8 and playoffs may not be classed as the same competition as the regular super league!! So it could be construed as out of competition.
So by that logic we could have kept him & picked him just for this season's Challenge Cup games. What a load of ****
I find it amusing. Theres one rule for the whole of sport, but Wigan think they have their own set of rules. Keeps me entertained reading their board anyway :lol: :lol:
said for years wigan have there own rule books

brodie123

Post by brodie123 » 24 Feb 2018, 09:45

westerbeast wrote:Have you people not learned by now it's a different set if rules that apply to Wigan. Zac will get away with it and be free to play for Wigan this season. Cas £150k down on the deal and Leeds rhinos get paid for a player they knew was using drugs. STINKS BIG TIME.

We need to move forward, who are the fools, the team who sold Zak or the team that paid out £150k knowing he was trouble. It isn't the Rhinos fault what he got caught with, it's our fault for buying him in the first place. They say a fool and his money are easy parted, it certainly rings true here, nobody to blame but ourselves. The whole issue has been a disaster and no wonder heads are rolling. We should never have bought him in the first place.mwhats that about leopards and spots. Didn't we just try rubbing the Rhinos face in it last season well the old saying what comes round goes round and it came around at the end of last season, in future we all need to show a little more empathy. Zak will get his two year ban, if not the RFL will have lawyers all over them with appeals etc. Once he admitted the offence there was only ever going to be one outcome, either he walked or he was going to be sacked, as soon as we stopped paying his salary his contract was broken so at least we have the moral high ground. Wigan, will he go there, I don't give a dam where he goes and plays, it's not my problem, all I hope is that if the chap has mental health issues he survives and does his best to get himself out of this mess.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 24 Feb 2018, 10:22

He has no mental health issues as far as I can see, if Cas thought he had I'm pretty sure they'd have stood by him.
His problem is that he's a young ish lad, mixing with the wrong crowd and has a fair wad of money each month to spend, as the saying goes, "what could possibly go wrong?"

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Feb 2018, 11:16

brodie123 wrote:
westerbeast wrote:Have you people not learned by now it's a different set if rules that apply to Wigan. Zac will get away with it and be free to play for Wigan this season. Cas £150k down on the deal and Leeds rhinos get paid for a player they knew was using drugs. STINKS BIG TIME.

We need to move forward, who are the fools, the team who sold Zak or the team that paid out £150k knowing he was trouble. It isn't the Rhinos fault what he got caught with, it's our fault for buying him in the first place. They say a fool and his money are easy parted, it certainly rings true here, nobody to blame but ourselves. The whole issue has been a disaster and no wonder heads are rolling. We should never have bought him in the first place.mwhats that about leopards and spots. Didn't we just try rubbing the Rhinos face in it last season well the old saying what comes round goes round and it came around at the end of last season, in future we all need to show a little more empathy. Zak will get his two year ban, if not the RFL will have lawyers all over them with appeals etc. Once he admitted the offence there was only ever going to be one outcome, either he walked or he was going to be sacked, as soon as we stopped paying his salary his contract was broken so at least we have the moral high ground. Wigan, will he go there, I don't give a dam where he goes and plays, it's not my problem, all I hope is that if the chap has mental health issues he survives and does his best to get himself out of this mess.
I didn't notice many on this forum pointing out that a fool and his money etc. when we signed him! Why didn't you say so we could have saved all that cash?

brodie123

Post by brodie123 » 24 Feb 2018, 11:44

Yes Cogito, 100% correct, but I was not shouting from the roof tops. I also know what had happened at Leeds. Leeds never hushed up the problems , it was common knowledge what was happening and the chances he had.
A brilliant rugby player, very talented young man , yet Leeds let him go, and we bought him knowing what had been happening. Why did we ever think we could change him I do not know, but good luck to the lad, he will need it and I sincerely hope he does get over this and he turns out to be a great full back for England. If he plays here in the UK or in Aus I hope he gets over his problems and proves us all wrong

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 24 Feb 2018, 12:10

Time to close this thread know He as gone, Good riddance hope we don't sign any more cast offs and concentrate on making our own better

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Feb 2018, 12:32

when wane was talking about hardaker the other day he finished with ..we here at wigan look after our players ..i suppose with his sledgehammer wit he was suggesting leeds and cas dont , he was loved at leeds and at cas had powell the guy he looked up to and still he couldnt keep out of trouble, if he goes to wigan they may get a great season out of him as cas did but if wane thinks hes ever going to change hes in for a rude awakening
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 24 Feb 2018, 14:10

Sport unfortunately deals with the "Here and now" and not enough of the future. Wigan may take ZH and win a couple of trophies, as we did. That will override any thoughts about wrong and right.

I can look back and say how enjoyable last season was and I doubt any Cas fan would swap it. There is no reason we cant/wont compete again as we are still a top side minus 1 player. We scored many many tries and defended in areas where ZH wasnt involved, we are not a 1 man team.

Time to focus on what we have on the field now, not what or who we havent got.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 24 Feb 2018, 15:10

In my mind Zac had the best team and people looking after him at Cas. If he couldn't stay clean with us what chance will he have with wane at Wigan. I've not got Involved with all the comings and goings on here but I feel Wigan can't And won't keep a tight reign on him. It's not sour grapes because I have in my years seen many good players leave and we eventually get over it. I feel sorry For the lad really. Although when you here he is in town on the lash as if nothings wrong where local people can see him even my sympathy is wearing thin. Get your head down Zac and realise your full potential before it's too late.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 26 Feb 2018, 14:26

last 3 pages on here are interesting

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php? ... start=9170

the person claiming to know him clearly doesn't know him that well

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 26 Feb 2018, 15:34

Haracker has gone - Time to move on.

In two years if Wigan are daft enough to sign him we can all sit back and wait for him to blow up again, because he will!
cum on you Ford

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 26 Feb 2018, 18:28

He is history it's time to put this post to bed time we let him be just that history

Tyke123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tyke123 » 26 Feb 2018, 18:51

brodie123 wrote: but good luck to the lad, he will need it and I sincerely hope he does get over this and he turns out to be a great full back for England. If he plays here in the UK or in Aus I hope he gets over his problems and proves us all wrong
Seen a lot of these posts....."wish him well"...."hope he gets sorted out" .
I must be in the minority when all I wish him is total bad luck.
A tool by monumental standards even before we signed him,he knew all eyes would be on him from his past behaviours but that never registered in his one cell brain.
I hold nothing but disdain towards him and hope he doesn't have a pot to pizz in when he retires.
Q the .....thats a bit strong Tyke.....but that's the way tyke feels

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 26 Feb 2018, 19:12

Well I agree with you 100%. I dont care for 1 second what happens to him from now on and if he ever comes to play at Cas I wont waste my time with him at all.

Good riddance, Cas are and will always be bigger and better than any one person. Just wish we had done this when he admitted his guilt.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 26 Feb 2018, 19:44

He helped us win our first league title. Then he screwed our GF preparation and has been partially responsible for our current recruitment shambles. But he is no longer our concern. I have. O interest in him now. Good riddance.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Feb 2018, 20:51

i am with the majority on here, time to put this one to bed in the many years i have supported our great club players come and go but the club will always be here

johnnya

Post by johnnya » 06 Mar 2018, 10:56

I was in favour of putting the issue aside until I read that a Scottish Rugby Union player (from New Zealand) is back playing for his country after a 3 month ban for alleged cocaine use. Re 'alleged' he seems to have admitted it. Can anyone out there explain how what seems to be two decidedly similar cases using cocaine in sport can have two decidedly different scenarios? Rational replies would be preferred!!

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 06 Mar 2018, 11:04

Was it out of season?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

johnnya

Post by johnnya » 06 Mar 2018, 12:52

jackknife wrote:Was it out of season?
I 'think' it was (not immediately!) before a match where he played from the start of the game. I don't think he actually mentioned the 'C' word in his 'apology' for unprofessional conduct though, so apologies if my original comment about his admitting it may be not quite accurate.
All the same , it would be interesting hear opinions on eg the length of ban...and why has it been sorted when the original 'offence' happened just after the ZH incident (which certainly has not been sorted!)

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 06 Mar 2018, 13:36

It really is simple. Hardaker tested positive IN-COMPETITION. He had a substance that is banned in-competition in his system during a game. This is an anti-doping offence.

Others athletes mentioned have tested positive OUT-OF-COMPETITION. They had a substance in their system but not during a game. This isn’t an anti-doping offence.

IF the substance is a metobilaite of cocaine, it is not a banned substance unless detected in-competition. If he had provided a positive test for this substance on any day other than a match day he wouldn’t get a WADA ban. He might face action from the club or the RFL, but not WADA or UKAD.