York City Knights v Bradford Bulls

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

York City Knights v Bradford Bulls

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 18 Feb 2018, 21:11

Just got back from this and it was a great game, saw at least another 5-6 Cas fans at the game plus Wayne Godwin who seemed to be working for Rugby AM
Regarding 'Cas Watch', Callum Bustin didn't make the 17 for the Bulls, Steve Crossley and Ashley Gibson both scored for the Bulls, Ash Robson started at Fullback for York, although he played well, he's not the solution we need for this season. He seems around two stone heavier then when he left us and swopped to play on the wing on the second half.
The best player on the pitch was a second rower for York called Batchelor, but generally there was nothing on view that looked like Daryl needed to know about.
A good day out and the lead swopped hands 3 times in the last four minutes.

castleman

Re: York City Knights v Bradford Bulls

Post by castleman » 18 Feb 2018, 22:09

Anyone go to the Halifax-Toronto game? I watched it on TV and it seemed to me that none of the Cas lads -- Clare, Maher or Douglas -- showed up very well. But watching it on TV is not like watching it live so I would be interested to see if anyone had any "live" thoughts on the Cas trio.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 18 Feb 2018, 23:02

castleman wrote:Anyone go to the Halifax-Toronto game? I watched it on TV and it seemed to me that none of the Cas lads -- Clare, Maher or Douglas -- showed up very well. But watching it on TV is not like watching it live so I would be interested to see if anyone had any "live" thoughts on the Cas trio.

green can't of showed up well either since he played too!

castleman

Post by castleman » 18 Feb 2018, 23:49

Casmoley wrote:
castleman wrote:Anyone go to the Halifax-Toronto game? I watched it on TV and it seemed to me that none of the Cas lads -- Clare, Maher or Douglas -- showed up very well. But watching it on TV is not like watching it live so I would be interested to see if anyone had any "live" thoughts on the Cas trio.

Oops! I forgot about him. From what I do recall he made a couple of daft errors and gave away at least two penalties. He did not look impressive to me (from the comfort of my armchair!).

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Feb 2018, 02:35

castleman wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Oops! I forgot about him. From what I do recall he made a couple of daft errors and gave away at least two penalties. He did not look impressive to me (from the comfort of my armchair!).
From the comfort of my sofa I didn’t think that Claire showed up too bad. I’d probably let Fax keep him though to play fullback for them and take Sharpe for the season in return to have a crack at the back for us! Green I thought looked very lazy ‘off the ball’ - you can only see so much on TV, but he didn’t make much effort to get back into position/defensive line and generally wandered about. He did carry the ball ‘OK’, but did make a few stupid errors. Maher was typical Maher, never a SL player while I’ve got a hole in my ar5e! In fact, I thought he was the worst forward on the field. Douglas I thought showed the most aggression with the ball, but was 3rd man in too often for my liking in defence, however showed the most promise out of them all in my opinion. Overall, none of them really stood out as a step above, and all looked like they were playing at the level they should be. It did look a heavy pitch though, and on TV you can’t really judge that well, but these were my observations. Interested to hear others thoughts

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Feb 2018, 09:02

You sumed it up well mate the only point i would add and why i would prefer us to have a second team is a lot of times these dual -reg players from super league clubs going to play in a lower division dont really want to be there and have a half arsed attitude i remember richard owen when he was still a decent super league winger being sent to keighly by powell he was so bad the coach had to pull him off and informed us after the game they never wanted him again
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

castleman

Post by castleman » 19 Feb 2018, 14:08

derbystiger wrote:
castleman wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

From the comfort of my sofa I didn’t think that Claire showed up too bad. I’d probably let Fax keep him though to play fullback for them and take Sharpe for the season in return to have a crack at the back for us! Green I thought looked very lazy ‘off the ball’ - you can only see so much on TV, but he didn’t make much effort to get back into position/defensive line and generally wandered about. He did carry the ball ‘OK’, but did make a few stupid errors. Maher was typical Maher, never a SL player while I’ve got a hole in my ar5e! In fact, I thought he was the worst forward on the field. Douglas I thought showed the most aggression with the ball, but was 3rd man in too often for my liking in defence, however showed the most promise out of them all in my opinion. Overall, none of them really stood out as a step above, and all looked like they were playing at the level they should be. It did look a heavy pitch though, and on TV you can’t really judge that well, but these were my observations. Interested to hear others thoughts
I agree with your assessment. What impressed me was that the Toronto forwards outplayed the Halifax pack, especially in the second half. It is true that Toronto have a set of big, physical forwards, but I had hoped that Green and Maher, who are big units themselves, would show up better against them.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 19 Feb 2018, 16:52

A record crowd of 4281 at Bootham Cresent for this game. That is brilliant for a 3rd tier club and not far off some lesser supported SL clubs.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Feb 2018, 17:03

Tigerade wrote:A record crowd of 4281 at Bootham Cresent for this game. That is brilliant for a 3rd tier club and not far off some lesser supported SL clubs.
That’s a fantastic turnout :clap: :clap: