Two Referees

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Two Referees

Post by CasRus » 17 Feb 2018, 08:26

Just watching Hull game down under. Just seeing how 2 refs works within the game and what I do like is the fact that having this extra ref better Marshall’s the proper defence line being in the right place and allows the space for the offence to attack which produces a better to watch game.
What I see in the Brit game is the pressure for the ref to handle the play the ball while trying to Marshall the defence line and as you know we always see offsides on many occasion which stifles the attacking game.
What’s your thoughts guys as I would like to see 2 refs adopted here to produce a better to watch game and .... see Cas in full flow !!

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Two Referees

Post by orrsome » 17 Feb 2018, 12:38

I've always been in favour of the dual reffing system, as it also stops the messing about to slow the play the ball and dislodging the ball after the tackle is complete. My only reservations are the standard of our current refs is so low and the availability/standard of a second lot.

wembley65

Post by wembley65 » 17 Feb 2018, 19:56

Rhinos played with 2 refs for years prior to Sinfield retiring. That seemed to work well.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Feb 2018, 20:13

wembley65 wrote:Rhinos played with 2 refs for years prior to Sinfield retiring. That seemed to work well.
Don’t forget McGuire after sinfield :D