Steve Gill

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Steve Gill

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Feb 2018, 10:52

It would be far better for once to tell the honest truth its not the 1890s you cant hide things ,it would just make the club look more stupid when the full facts come out ...which they will
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 20 Feb 2018, 10:53

bane73 wrote:From how I see it... Gill sacked Zak, Powell wanted to keep him so the board sack Gill for loosing us an investment of 150 grand.
Your not even warm.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Feb 2018, 10:58

fast hands wrote:
bane73 wrote:From how I see it... Gill sacked Zak, Powell wanted to keep him so the board sack Gill for loosing us an investment of 150 grand.
Your not even warm.

Doubt many will be warm tbh.

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 20 Feb 2018, 11:40

Two many people putting two and two together and coming up with 22 and trying to justify their reasoning with I heard from ............

All they are doing is giving Dave Nosey Parker column inches with his favourite quote "a source close to the club" yet if you read his column it is just a rehash of what is written on here.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 20 Feb 2018, 11:47

old cas lass wrote:
fast hands wrote:
Your not even warm.

Doubt many will be warm tbh.
Correct OCL, but it will be quite embarrassing when everything revealed. I hope Steve will carry on after what ever it is happened, and hope it is complete fabrication what I was told, but my source is always near the truth. Once again it is hearsay and I never believe till the full facts are revealed.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 20 Feb 2018, 12:01

To be fair Speculation is caused by lack of information.
10 pages long and a growing number of theories.

The only thing we know for sure is that Steve will no longer be CEO.

The club really need to bury this. Get the facts out and then let us pick over the bits.
Tiger
Truth is always best !

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 20 Feb 2018, 12:08

Robbo wrote:To be fair Speculation is caused by lack of information.

The only thing we know for sure is that Steve will no longer be CEO..

The club really need to bury this. Get the facts out and then let us pick over the bits.
Tiger
Correct

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 20 Feb 2018, 12:48

Well I have supported cas tigers From being 15 yrs old in 1955 and I have gone through good times and bad times,but what is happening now must rank as the worst,if this turns out to be true and not just a exaggerated rumour then I will have spent my last money on them and I certainly don't think I will be on my own, this will be hard to do but i am totally sickened off by the way this club is being run.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 20 Feb 2018, 12:52

Oldcasman wrote:Well I have supported cas tigers From being 15 yrs old in 1955 and I have gone through good times and bad times,but what is happening now must rank as the worst,if this turns out to be true and not just a exaggerated rumour then I will have spent my last money on them and I certainly don't think I will be on my own, this will be hard to do but i am totally sickened off by the way this club is being run.
Are you giving up because of one loss, zh being a dick and a rumour?

Sure your a Cas fan?

Been through lots over my time watching since the late 70s and relegation was much worse. The club being 30 minutes from folding was worse than that.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Feb 2018, 12:59

Oldcasman wrote:Well I have supported cas tigers From being 15 yrs old in 1955 and I have gone through good times and bad times,but what is happening now must rank as the worst,if this turns out to be true and not just a exaggerated rumour then I will have spent my last money on them and I certainly don't think I will be on my own, this will be hard to do but i am totally sickened off by the way this club is being run.
We must have started watching Cas at about the same time, none of us are liking this NON information coming from the club, but the club as been such a large part of my life i will keep turning up whilst i can, to coin a phrase i will stand coal being broken on my head

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 20 Feb 2018, 13:21

Whatever happens won't stop me supporting Cas. Fair enough, I haven't been a supporter for as long as you have, but it's been a part of my life for 35 years and it's my club through good and bad. I feel the same about how the club seems to be being run at the moment, it's a shambles, but we'll get through it - always have and always will.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 20 Feb 2018, 13:26

nothing will ever stop me going either but I just pray one day we will be run by the right people.

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 20 Feb 2018, 13:31

ffs buy a leeds / fev / any other shirt and be done with

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 20 Feb 2018, 13:48

Agree with most of the posts and certainly feel the same sentiments as Old Cas Man. Only our club can turn such a positive season into self destruction in such a short time.
Since that GF semi the club has imploded for what ever reasons, some beyond their control but some certainly in their control. ZH cannot be blamed for it all but he certainly got the ball rolling. However this ball could have been stopped with correct big decisions being made by the CEO & the Management team. The poor recruitment, who ever is to blame for it, has compounded problems carried on from the end of last season. Now we potentially don't have a CEO, the club is silent and for that fans will speculate. For what it's worth I think on the whole SG has done a good job, but he isn't the long term answer , but then neither is Mark Grafton, time for Ian Fulton to step up, and take control of this rudderless club, before investment and our assets walk away. The club need a massive shot in the arm, and Saturday afternoon is the perfect time to administer it.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 20 Feb 2018, 14:48

Tiger

But they wont tell us bugger all apart from something like this

Gill has stepped down. Mr X has taken over. No further comment.

Zak has left by mutual consent. The club will make no further comment.

And all that leads to is a season of speculation and trouble.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 20 Feb 2018, 16:17

fords wrote:

Tiger

But they wont tell us bugger all apart from something like this

Gill has stepped down. Mr X has taken over. No further comment.

The problem they have is that SG was liked by most fans.
Seen as the Saviour and all that.

So they know it will upset people.
TBF once they had made the call they should have followed it with a club statement.

Someone said

time for Ian Fulton to step up, and take control of this rudderless club, before investment and our assets walk away. The club need a massive shot in the arm, and Saturday afternoon is the perfect time to administer it.

THAT IS NOT THE ANSWER
Truth is always best !

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 20 Feb 2018, 16:32

Re Zak situation I guess it wont be too much longer before Wigan announce his capture and if they do then looks like the SG F/up will be confirmed if not then a lot of those in the know will need to 'check' their sources with a BS meter.

I hope it is wrong as I think SG has worked wonders and would like to think if it is then he had nothing but the best intentions of the club he loves.

After all none of us can be perfect all of the time.....

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 20 Feb 2018, 17:22

mart0042 wrote:
Are you giving up because of one loss, zh being a dick and a rumour?

Sure your a Cas fan?

Been through lots over my time watching since the late 70s and relegation was much worse. The club being 30 minutes from folding was worse than that.
You cannot question whether I am a cas fan I have been one for more years than I care to remember,and no I am not giving up over one player leaving I am giving up over the way the club has been run and how they treat the fans we had a superb year last year and we should have kicked on from that instead they have shown how inept they are at running the business and reverted back to the good old days of mr wright

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 20 Feb 2018, 17:28

noxandrattles wrote:

ffs buy a leeds / fev / any other shirt and be done with
And why pray should I do that ?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Feb 2018, 07:17

Reading between the lines it appears to me that there is a shareholder that wants to take over the club and control pretty much everything.

If someone is given shares in lieu of an outstanding debt then how can interest be charged on the same debt and how can that debt still be a debt?

It also appeats that these shares may have been issued to prevent other shareholders from forcing any issues out in to the shareholder population.

Not sure how this works so this is why I ask the questions.