Steve Gill

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Steve Gill

Post by Robbo » 21 Feb 2018, 19:05

HuddsTigers wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Correct. I would be amazed if anyone at the club uses this forum as a means of making any decisions regarding any club issues.

The club dont even include the shareholders sometimes so why would they listen to those that post on here?
Not at the club but what about those OUTSIDE the club.

If you were a prospective sponsor inwardly looking and using this forum as to get a snapshot of your brand, would this forum entice you to invest your money?

I'd like to say yes but I think there are a minority on here who won't stop bashing the club no matter what, and try to get support in their own personal wars.
Think that's aimed at me!
I through my family were putting money into the club whilst you were in your nappies.
I will not waste time on this theme.

The directors and shareholders are custodians of this Club. They have a duty to preserve and to serve the position of Director.
Its hard work but rewarding but you need to be accountable.

Every time I mention something its a personal war............that's not the case.
I fell out and withdrew our support with Steve and Ian after their refusal to call an AGM.
Eventually I forced one with a couple of other shareholders.

That's the end of it.
They don't need me to make them look daft.
They don't need me to start a rumour

They can do that just fine. Did I get rid of a director in a most inappropriate way?

Anyway the news today is that we have sacked ZH. Not sure what or how I would have voted I suppose i would of tried to recover a few quid by moving him on ( especially ) if the coach didn't want him.

Robbo
Truth is always best !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Feb 2018, 20:10

I said a minority Robbo. I never said you.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 21 Feb 2018, 21:11

Robbo wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Correct. I would be amazed if anyone at the club uses this forum as a means of making any decisions regarding any club issues.

The club dont even include the shareholders sometimes so why would they listen to those that post on here?
Not at the club but what about those OUTSIDE the club.

If you were a prospective sponsor inwardly looking and using this forum as to get a snapshot of your brand, would this forum entice you to invest your money?

I'd like to say yes but I think there are a minority on here who won't stop bashing the club no matter what, and try to get support in their own personal wars.
Think that's aimed at me!
I through my family were putting money into the club whilst you were in your nappies.
I will not waste time on this theme.

The directors and shareholders are custodians of this Club. They have a duty to preserve and to serve the position of Director.
Its hard work but rewarding but you need to be accountable.

Every time I mention something its a personal war............that's not the case.
I fell out and withdrew our support with Steve and Ian after their refusal to call an AGM.
Eventually I forced one with a couple of other shareholders.

That's the end of it.
They don't need me to make them look daft.
They don't need me to start a rumour

They can do that just fine. Did I get rid of a director in a most inappropriate way?

Anyway the news today is that we have sacked ZH. Not sure what or how I would have voted I suppose i would of tried to recover a few quid by moving him on ( especially ) if the coach didn't want him.

Robbo
Spent a lot of tine saying you would not waste time on the theme.
The nappies comment a little undignified don't you think?
As an owner of a small business I do not feel l have to communicate all my decisions to my employees or customers in fact doing so may be to the detrement of it.
So the decision is made please let there be no more blame apportioning .
He's gone the club took a gamble he did play a big part in securing the LLS and Grand Final appearance so on balance he will have covered his cost.
Hope there are no witch hunts childish vendettas
Conversely he may have caused the disharmony which was characteristic of the Rhinos before his departure not dismilar to what we have wittnessed since the epic semi final.
It would be very disappointing if his departure causes long term problems for the players and staff at Cas.
Well lets hope the players remember what they are capable of and put in a terrific performance against Hull.
Can't waitfor Saturday .

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 22 Feb 2018, 01:09

Robbo I’m not 100% sure but even if we have sacked Zak I’m sure we have retained his registration so if he wants to sign for a club they will have to come up with some arrangement for compensation be it cash or player.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 22 Feb 2018, 06:44

Surely you can't sack a player and keep his registration? That's like me getting the sack but my company stopping me working elsewhere. That can't be right

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 22 Feb 2018, 09:06

Steve Gill is as good as gone. People above him aren't happy with how the last few months have played out, this on top of him and Powell falling out, about the future of Zak. Gill wanted to sell Zak and try and re-coop funds, DP wanted him to sit out his ban and fight for his place again.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 22 Feb 2018, 09:22

So if Gill wanted to sell Zac and Powell wanted to keep him, who's decided to sack him instead?

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 22 Feb 2018, 09:23

and how does this sit with Daryl?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 22 Feb 2018, 09:51

KB80 wrote:So if Gill wanted to sell Zac and Powell wanted to keep him, who's decided to sack him instead?
Someone above both of them. Only a few months ago, we were in the news for all the right reasons. Fast forward and we are in for all the wrong reasons. I think it's fair to say Zak's off field demeanour, has dragged us back to the old days.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Feb 2018, 10:16

heritage1926 wrote:
KB80 wrote:So if Gill wanted to sell Zac and Powell wanted to keep him, who's decided to sack him instead?
Someone above both of them. Only a few months ago, we were in the news for all the right reasons. Fast forward and we are in for all the wrong reasons. I think it's fair to say Zak's off field demeanour, has dragged us back to the old days.

It’s only a few months ago we were the club of the season.
It beggars belief.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 22 Feb 2018, 10:17

Its a lack of clear leadership as well as ZH that has shown that we dont learn. Last season was brilliant because of the coaches and the players. Papered over the cracks so to speak.

I dont feel we have been dragged back to the old days, we never really got far enough away as these issues are proving. We had a massive chance to build on things but yet again we fail with cheap options and poor off the field decisions.

For what its worth we still have time to resolve issues on the field.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Feb 2018, 11:27

Puzzled by the in depth knowledge of the inner workings of the club .
The sacking of Zac will not have been a decision taken lightly.
Elsewhere it was stated Zac was out with a number of players, do we really want such a bad influence amongst the squad.
I don't understand the bad old days comments we have seen a massive upturn in every aspect financially, management, coaching ,attendances ,playing yet two games in and the decision to sack a brilliant player who we all new was a gamble which in my opinion was a big part of last seasons success and even most probably was financially rewarding.
Not too long ago we were minutes away from folding and yet two games in and it's all doom and gloom for some.
I will wait until the end of the season before passing judgement.
Regardless though all things being equal I will also be back next season.
Can't wait for Saturday hope Steve Gill is at the game and still in post.
Daryl walks across the pitch to applause.
The players look and act like a team put in a good performance and our friends from Humberside leave the ground to the sound of Sweet Caroline ringing in their ears.

topper1208

Post by topper1208 » 22 Feb 2018, 12:11

chesterfieldtiger wrote:Surely you can't sack a player and keep his registration? That's like me getting the sack but my company stopping me working elsewhere. That can't be right
That does actually happen in employment, a clause in contracts stops people leaving and working for rivals or setting up another business within certain timescales. So it is possible to retain or stop someone doing this without compensation being paid

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 Feb 2018, 13:25

heritage1926 wrote:

Laughable. The only person above team both is Ian Fulton, so you are saying he has got rid of him now ?

There is no way on earth 1 person has gave him the sac.

It will have been a collective decision with some people on the BoD and coach wanting different things no doubt.

Simple fact we cant pay him 100k+ during his 2yr ban assuming we have to pay him whether we wanted to keep him or not, we cant afford it. If we don't pay him can we still keep him - don't know ?

So we either ride it out until we know what his ban is going to be and then make a decision or just take our chance and get rid straight away. They seem to have done a bit of both unless the club have been informed of the likely ban allowing them to make a decision now. Then WADA will officially announce it shortly.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 Feb 2018, 13:27

Interesting how the article on ROGER MILLWARD TROPHY has a comment from Ian Fulton

I'm sure in the past it would have come from our CEO - if rumours are to be believed we don't have one right now

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Feb 2018, 13:37

Whilst I do not agree with either the final decision or how it has been achieved I do readily accept it is time to move on, particularly as I can do nothing about either aspect.

Looking for a positive I take the comments about the England role from Daryl to be very positive news for Cas. It appears as though Daryl has turned down the England role as it's not the right time for him as he wants to concentrate on his role with Cas.

Whether this ties into the SG situation is still a guess (more good PR from Cas!) but whatever happens you can rest (un)assured that it will take time to recover the results on the pitch.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 22 Feb 2018, 14:48

topper1208 wrote:
chesterfieldtiger wrote:Surely you can't sack a player and keep his registration? That's like me getting the sack but my company stopping me working elsewhere. That can't be right
That does actually happen in employment, a clause in contracts stops people leaving and working for rivals or setting up another business within certain timescales. So it is possible to retain or stop someone doing this without compensation being paid
I left a company a few years ago under this type of agreement, known then as a 'compromise agreement' but I think it's changed it's name now. Had no effect on me as I was leaving to set up another company in a different sector, so gave me a few extra grand to play with (if I hadn't have been I wouldn't have agreed to the conditions). In my experience drawing up a compromise agreement has additional costs associated with it. Mine was dealt with between my solicitor and the company I was leavings solicitor, not a straightforward affair and both parties need to agree the terms and conditions aswell as any additional monies to be paid due to the restriction in place for 'x' number of years. It took nearly 2 months to reach figures we were both happy with! As ZH has been dismissed I would find it hard to believe that such an agreement could be reached, but I could be wrong.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 23 Feb 2018, 08:04

Max n paddy wrote:I’m hearing Steve Gill has moved aside / stepped down ?

Anyone heard anything ? Hudds ?

Sad if he has.

Not doom and glooming by the way.

Well A week passes by - does anyone know if Steve Gill is still CEO at Cas Tigers ??
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

SY Tiger

Post by SY Tiger » 23 Feb 2018, 15:42

You will probably get your answer at tomorrows game.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Feb 2018, 15:48

Is it any indication that its Ian Fulton thats made the statement regarding the Roger Millward Trophy and not Steve Gill? Or is that just me reading too much into things?