Tiger Talk Radio.... A plea from the heart

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Tiger Talk Radio.... A plea from the heart

Post by SuffolkTiger » 11 Feb 2018, 22:04

Couldn't make it up from Suffolk today so I tuned in to TTR.

It was painful enough to listen to due to the close nature of the game - I've had more pleasurable experiences in a dentist chair..

Before the next bit, there are more important things in life and I know the guys are doing their best and they are passionate about our club BUT for the love of all alive can't someone sort something out so they can see the freakin' scoreboard clock - or at least someone tell them what it states ..?

It comes across as a total shambles every time I tune in and it must do to others. Its the same every game. I can laugh at most things but that's so bad it's not funny. Dave & Harvey arguing about it in the dying embers of every game as though there is no one tuned in listening is painful. " I reckon there is two and half minutes left" "What - never?" "Oh, they're counting down, it must be time for the hooter" "There's the hooter..."

Come on - someone at the club must have the answer

DLB123

Re: Tiger Talk Radio.... A plea from the heart

Post by DLB123 » 11 Feb 2018, 22:36

Here here! I, like you, couldn't make the game so had to listen to TTR. Thought I was gearing myself up for a nerve racking final 2 minutes only to hear the crowd start the count down!! Crazy!

DurhamCas

Post by DurhamCas » 11 Feb 2018, 23:06

Same !! lol it was the same on the red button coverage yesterday on the BBC, Fev Lions v Thatto Heath

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 11 Feb 2018, 23:32

Dave is a reasonable guy , perhaps drop him a tweet rather then posting on a forumwhich he may not see, but if they can't see the clock from their position then there isn't much they can do.

They both do a great job with not much support and all voluntary

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 11 Feb 2018, 23:39

Towns88 wrote:Dave is a reasonable guy , perhaps drop him a tweet rather then posting on a forumwhich he may not see, but if they can't see the clock from their position then there isn't much they can do.

Good shout. I will.

It's a wider point really - about every aspect of the club being joined up and working more efficiently. If I lived nearer I would love to get involved having spent 30 years of my life in the service industry. We could be so much more effective.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 11 Feb 2018, 23:46

come on its a free app its not harvey or daves fault if they can not see the clock

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 11 Feb 2018, 23:58

onetiger wrote:come on its a free app its not harvey or daves fault if they can not see the clock
Who said it was? They need help.

You can't commentate on any sports match and be constantly describing that you don't know what stage of the game has been reached.

The guessing and debate of how long is left forms too much of the commentary content during the game - especially the last 10 minutes of each half.

I feel sorry for them - it's embarrassing.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Feb 2018, 00:10

If they are sat at the back of the main stand you have no chance of seeing the clock.
Suppose one of them could walk down a few steps to have a peek, or get a mate to keep txting you the time.
Just a thought.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 12 Feb 2018, 00:48

SuffolkTiger wrote:
Towns88 wrote:Dave is a reasonable guy , perhaps drop him a tweet rather then posting on a forumwhich he may not see, but if they can't see the clock from their position then there isn't much they can do.

It's a wider point really - about every aspect of the club being joined up and working more efficiently. If I lived nearer I would love to get involved having spent 30 years of my life in the service industry. We could be so much more effective.
Agreed. Theirs alot of things the club could sharpen up on around the match day experience, merchandising, etc!

Some of its fairly simple IMHO. Example: I rarely buy a drink in the ground because the que's are ridiculous. Why we don't have people pre-pulling pints and round drinks prices up - to speed things up I don't know, must lose a fair chunk of Cas on bust match days to people thinking it's just not worth the hassle of getting a pint in the ground.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 12 Feb 2018, 01:04

They both do a great job with not much support and all voluntary[/quote]

Dave does it voluntary but the other one doesnt. He wouldnt do it if he didnt get paid.

As for no other support the one that does the commentary wont alliow anyone else to do it and threatened to quit if anyone else wanted to "Support" them.

Dave is a good fella and does most of the work.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 12 Feb 2018, 06:31

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:They both do a great job with not much support and all voluntary

Dave does it voluntary but the other one doesnt. He wouldnt do it if he didnt get paid.

As for no other support the one that does the commentary wont alliow anyone else to do it and threatened to quit if anyone else wanted to "Support" them.

Dave is a good fella and does most of the work.[/quote]

Interesting if true. Dave comes across as the more accomplished of the 2 - by a distance.

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 12 Feb 2018, 07:36

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:They both do a great job with not much support and all voluntary

Harvey is a Cas fan. I'm fairly sure he does it free. He gets paid for his football summarising on soccer Saturday

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Feb 2018, 07:48

old cas lass wrote:If they are sat at the back of the main stand you have no chance of seeing the clock.
Suppose one of them could walk down a few steps to have a peek, or get a mate to keep txting you the time.
Just a thought.
They said something yesterday which suggests that they do do that from time to time

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 12 Feb 2018, 08:01

They weren't, They were waiting for the club to update their official Twitter feed as it has a time along with it.

It was frustrating but if it's unavoidable. It can't be helped. The guys do a decent job.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 Feb 2018, 08:53

Completely untrue. Both do it totally voluntary. Dave set it up and runs it. Several people have supported and commentated and/or summarised.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 12 Feb 2018, 09:37

Incorrect. Dave does it voluntary but the other guy doesnt. Dave is the one that does most of the work in putting things together.

I know for a FACT that it is currently a closed shop with the commentary and summarising. Dave does the summarising himself.

It is run from a community studio where everyone that works there does it on a volunteer basis........except for one person. Been like that for the last 2/3 years.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 12 Feb 2018, 10:03

well i love the tigers talk commentary but on a slightly different note, why does the lead commentator insist on calling Jesse Sene-Lefao : - Jesse Sene-LEFOW or is everyone else pronouncing Jesse's surname wrong?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 12 Feb 2018, 11:51

Make your own mind up why?

He used to call Solomona Danny all the time. He gets things wrong quite often.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Feb 2018, 13:18

There can't be many radio commentators at the game so I would've thought positions in the press area were a priority for the radio guys with the written word possible from any angle.

All the more reason for a modern stadium with adequate facilities but I do enjoy Tiger Talk all the same.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 12 Feb 2018, 13:23

Definitely think Harvey wiles needs to be replaced, he's really very poor indeed in many aspects and you can sense Dave's frustration with him and Dave making allowances for his frailties.

I appreciate that this is a voluntary thing, and that I'm not paying for the service.
However, it would be fabulous experience for an up and coming student journalist to cut their teeth - Harvey really has had his time and would still be valuable going to the clock!
Sorry Harvey I have appreciated listening st times, but time to go matey.
Audacter Et Sincere