Miles of the pace

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Miles of the pace

Post by betts21 » 11 Feb 2018, 20:03

We look very far behind at the moment that was a Widnes team with two of there main players missing in white and hermaina and ah van and we really struggled our kicking game was second best to there’s. As a team our energy seems flat compared to how I thought we would be we need a real kick up bum imo some of the subs and rotation today bemused me and Roberts still mile and miles away what we need from our full back. What’s everyone else thoughts

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Miles of the pace

Post by fords » 11 Feb 2018, 20:30

betts21 wrote:We look very far behind at the moment that was a Widnes team with two of there main players missing in white and hermaina and ah van and we really struggled our kicking game was second best to there’s. As a team our energy seems flat compared to how I thought we would be we need a real kick up bum imo some of the subs and rotation today bemused me and Roberts still mile and miles away what we need from our full back. What’s everyone else thoughts
Above

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Feb 2018, 20:49

I agree about the kick up the backside.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Feb 2018, 20:58

old cas lass wrote:I agree about the kick up the backside.
Did you not think everyone tried there hardest in the second half to get the team a win ? Not that were playing anything like we should be but still cant fault effort mesen today
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Feb 2018, 21:17

tigerfeat wrote:
old cas lass wrote:I agree about the kick up the backside.
Did you not think everyone tried there hardest in the second half to get the team a win ? Not that were playing anything like we should be but still cant fault effort mesen today

Played far better second half when jesses came on.
Gets taken off and we conceded.
A kick up the jacksee don’t hurt anyone 8)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Feb 2018, 21:35

I don’t see us being far off the pace, it’s just things just aren’t clicking yet.

A couple of tries got wiped off, Hitchcox failed to catch two breaks and Webster got bundled into touch close to the line.

We could have and should have walked away with a bigger score today. Plenty of positives, still bits to work on.

It was the forwards that let us down last week, today it seemed like the backs needed to get themselves organised. Maybe we will get a complete performance against Hull?!
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 11 Feb 2018, 21:44

HuddsTigers wrote:I don’t see us being far off the pace, it’s just things just aren’t clicking yet.

A couple of tries got wiped off, Hitchcox failed to catch two breaks and Webster got bundled into touch close to the line.

We could have and should have walked away with a bigger score today. Plenty of positives, still bits to work on.

It was the forwards that let us down last week, today it seemed like the backs needed to get themselves organised. Maybe we will get a complete performance against Hull?!
Here’s hoping I just don’t under stand our subs rotation today and think we miss a wrap round player ie dorn n Zak as Benny Just hasn’t got the energy to get to them plays at the moment he’s more than a yard off the pace and I’m not sure he’s going to ever get to that fitness we need as a team to play that roll we have really dropped the ball imo I’m not massively annoyed by any of our signings I can see bits of positives and why to each player but the true fact is as a whole we didn’t need them all imo

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 12 Feb 2018, 07:21

In darylls post match interview he spoke about the ground not just taking a stud but taking the whole boot. It can't be easy playing on that and were certainly not gonna be able to play top of the ground rugby some fans expect. He also mentioned some speccies need to be more patient. It's a different year and going to be totally different to last year.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Feb 2018, 08:09

You could see how heavy the ground was with all divots on the field at half time , if the team are trying there hardest but obviously not in top form the jeers and some of the comments i heard shouted were out of order
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Feb 2018, 09:25

The title of this thread says it all, we look a shadow of the team we watched last year without naming them some of forwards need a spell out on loan, Luke Gale did not inspire neither did Jamie Ellis may be when our entire pack turns up they will, did i enjoy what i saw NO will i be at the next match of course i will, lets hope the lads freshen up and give us a game to remember then all the negativity will hope fully go away

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Feb 2018, 09:34

I thought the forwards were excellent second half , i enjoyed the game also
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Feb 2018, 09:40

It's a worry when only 2 games in we look buggered.
The forwards bar Jesse looked like cart horses yesterday.
Can't for the life of me work out why, I can only put it down to the heavy field. Saying that the widnes lads seemed to cope in going forward.

Seems to me there's still lots of hard work to be done on fitness, we have 2 weeks to sort it.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 12 Feb 2018, 09:48

I'll tell you why we're miles off the pace, it's becuse players are knackered and burnt out from a gruelling end of the year. We didn't manage players well at the back end and i feel it's catching up on us.

Jesse hasn't missed a game since he came over and then moving to prop has killed him in my opinion, we had chances to rest him last season and didn't. Foster should be in the back row and running wide, not running at props in the middle of the field. Moors should be given the freedom to roam the field, at the minute he's being used as a battering ram. I think DP has got some stuff wrong over the last few weeks/months and he doesn't seem to be learning from them.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 12 Feb 2018, 10:42

Makes me laugh when people say players are knackered after 2 games Most of them had 3 month off.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 12 Feb 2018, 10:43

chesterfieldtiger wrote:Makes me laugh when people say players are knackered after 2 games Most of them had 3 month off.
They still have to train and get flogged in pre season. They don't just sit around at home waiting for February.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Feb 2018, 10:59

We are building for the end of the season not the start that's why the Leeds and others have some gas in the tank for the finals.

21 points got 8th last year. Get that and then push in the super 8s.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Feb 2018, 11:06

mart0042 wrote:We are building for the end of the season not the start that's why the Leeds and others have some gas in the tank for the finals.

I hope you are right lets hope its that simple

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 12 Feb 2018, 11:09

gateman wrote:
mart0042 wrote:We are building for the end of the season not the start that's why the Leeds and others have some gas in the tank for the finals.

I hope you are right lets hope its that simple
It seems to be for Leeds. Saints, though a different scenario, like good at the end.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 12 Feb 2018, 11:15

Need to be in touching distance of 4th spot minimum not just in the top 8 or we could be leaving too much too do back end. Take points when you can it makes life easier for the run in when it matters

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 12 Feb 2018, 12:36

Fourth was 26 at the cut off. Ideally 22 to 24 would be good. A strong run in the super 8s and at worst its one away match.