Miles of the pace

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Miles of the pace

Post by Sharlotiger » 12 Feb 2018, 14:04

mart0042 wrote:Fourth was 26 at the cut off. Ideally 22 to 24 would be good. A strong run in the super 8s and at worst its one away match.
Time to wake up this side will be nowhere near the top 4 without some new additions, we are in for a tough year and will struggle to make the 8 come the cut off point.
The players look like they are bogged down with the weight of expectations and can't handle the pressure of sides really coming after them to put them back in their place.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Feb 2018, 14:30

We are paying tight, if we'd got the try the ref gave play on for, we'd have gone on.

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 12 Feb 2018, 15:38

mart0042 wrote:We are paying tight, if we'd got the try the ref gave play on for, we'd have gone on.
The ref gave play on when we collected the ball, Shenton then inadvertently blocked the defender from attempting to tackle Jy before he scored. Hence the ref went back to the first infringement which was the knock on.

I could see that so im not sure why nobody else could.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 12 Feb 2018, 15:44

Sharlotiger wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Fourth was 26 at the cut off. Ideally 22 to 24 would be good. A strong run in the super 8s and at worst its one away match.
Time to wake up this side will be nowhere near the top 4 without some new additions, we are in for a tough year and will struggle to make the 8 come the cut off point.
The players look like they are bogged down with the weight of expectations and can't handle the pressure of sides really coming after them to put them back in their place.

This side is the same one who walked away with the league last season, bar 1 player, we had the worst possible start traveling to Saint's who we have struggled against for the last 30 plus years . The Saint's players said themselves this was a revenge match. Saint's were fantastic, everything they tried payed, off, and they did a number on us, and they will probably struggle to play like that again all season.

It's time folk started buying the DVD, so they can re watch the game, then you can see how the individual player who people rubbish actually played. Against Widnes we played a hell of a lot better than we did last week, we defended our line well, and got the 2 point's, it was a nervy game, and we could have been 20 up at half time if a few passes had gone to hand.

To be honest I don't think it would matter if we had beaten Widnes by 50, some Cas fans would still find fault with the performance of the players,

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Feb 2018, 17:47

Whilst it's disappointing not to be tearing teams apart again I find the post match reaction of DP the most interesting aspect of all.

He's suggested the fans need to lower their expectations and the players need to relax a bit more and not be fearful of the current expectations.

He's probably right but the expectations are based on what we achieved last year and for me that should've been built upon rather than consigned to history only for us to start again as a club.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Feb 2018, 18:40

Frankas wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:

This side is the same one who walked away with the league last season, bar 1 player, we had the worst possible start traveling to Saint's who we have struggled against for the last 30 plus years . The Saint's players said themselves this was a revenge match. Saint's were fantastic, everything they tried payed, off, and they did a number on us, and they will probably struggle to play like that again all season.

It's time folk started buying the DVD, so they can re watch the game, then you can see how the individual player who people rubbish actually played. Against Widnes we played a hell of a lot better than we did last week, we defended our line well, and got the 2 point's, it was a nervy game, and we could have been 20 up at half time if a few passes had gone to hand.

To be honest I don't think it would matter if we had beaten Widnes by 50, some Cas fans would still find fault with the performance of the players,
To be fair, the Saints game was on Sky so I reckon most will have had an opportunity to watch it again (if they wanted to).

As for yesterday, as I've said in another post, it's fine margins. We're just out of sync but I'm sure as the conditions dry up and the new structure gels more, we'll find our feet.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Feb 2018, 20:58

Flat Capper wrote:Whilst it's disappointing not to be tearing teams apart again I find the post match reaction of DP the most interesting aspect of all.

He's suggested the fans need to lower their expectations and the players need to relax a bit more and not be fearful of the current expectations.

He's probably right but the expectations are based on what we achieved last year and for me that should've been built upon rather than consigned to history only for us to start again as a club.
i didn't at all expect Daryl to come out with such a statement, If Wigan St Helens or Leeds had finished at the top i could not see their coaches telling their fans to get ready for a fall, Daryl is the best coach we have had at the club for many a year, he may have not thought it through before issuing such a statement

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 12 Feb 2018, 22:57

The way it sounded to me was he wanted his players to relax and go out and enjoy themselves, and something what is true, some Cas fans expect the team to go out and beat everyone easily, we don't have the funds of Wigan Leeds and Saints, but we can compete with them. We have had one bad game and a game played in freezing conditions, on a pitch what cut up badly against a team who came to give us a game,

All what count's is the 2 points ugly or not, but we all know what the team is capable of doing, you don't become a bad team over night, and some teams will get the backlash when we do it some form.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Feb 2018, 10:57

StevieTheTV wrote:
mart0042 wrote:We are paying tight, if we'd got the try the ref gave play on for, we'd have gone on.
The ref gave play on when we collected the ball, Shenton then inadvertently blocked the defender from attempting to tackle Jy before he scored. Hence the ref went back to the first infringement which was the knock on.

I was on our left side at wr end, the push must have been in the way. Pity though

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Feb 2018, 11:03

mart0042 wrote:
StevieTheTV wrote:

I was on our left side at wr end, the push must have been in the way. Pity though
I didn’t see the obstruction, I was center of the WRE I saw jy pick it up run, then pass to shenny.i was livid at the time, but if there was an obstruction then fair enough, but I didn’t see it.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Feb 2018, 13:43

old cas lass wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
StevieTheTV wrote:

I didn’t see the obstruction, I was center of the WRE I saw jy pick it up run, then pass to shenny.i was livid at the time, but if there was an obstruction then fair enough, but I didn’t see it.
I couldn't have been watching as closely as I thought as I was in WRE virtually in front of where it happened and I didn't see it. I think it was one of those games that was so frustrating to watch that every decision against us was multiplied by 10. If it had been last season and we were 20 odd points up I think most of us would have just shrugged our shoulders and said 'fair enough', we'll get another chance. Its funny how you see game decisions slightly differently depending on how the team are playing.