New ticket system ?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: New ticket system ?

Post by old cas lass » 11 Feb 2018, 19:59

Mine was a Xmas pressie from the family.
Sorted.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 11 Feb 2018, 20:01

old cas lass wrote:Mine was a Xmas pressie from the family.
Sorted.

must have more money than my mob, can't beat a bit of cas gear for christmas!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 11 Feb 2018, 20:01

Me wife n 2 kids not going either without the monthly scheme.would probably just make the big games

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 11 Feb 2018, 20:02

Would help if they turned some of the cash gates into ticket ones. Never understand why there are so many cash ones along Weldon road end with no one even using them!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 Feb 2018, 20:03

Casmoley wrote:

good on you for being able to save.

but again, not everyone is in that privileged position. They stop it that's two season tickets down for me and my partner.
Fair point, and the suggestion of scrapping it probably wasn't well thought out :lol:

Perhaps bring the dates forward? Shorter month payment plan then they'd have an earlier list of those who've not paid etc?
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 11 Feb 2018, 20:24

the machine wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

but again, not everyone is in that privileged position. They stop it that's two season tickets down for me and my partner.
Fair point, and the suggestion of scrapping it probably wasn't well thought out :lol:

Perhaps bring the dates forward? Shorter month payment plan then they'd have an earlier list of those who've not paid etc?

put unique codes on each ticket inside the season ticket. if that ticket has been used but no paid for have a system where you are then charged what you owe plus interest. they'd soon stop if they knew they'd end up paying double/ triple..

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 Feb 2018, 20:32

Casmoley wrote:
the machine wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

put unique codes on each ticket inside the season ticket. if that ticket has been used but no paid for have a system where you are then charged what you owe plus interest. they'd soon stop if they knew they'd end up paying double/ triple..
That'd work
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Feb 2018, 20:34

Casmoley wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Mine was a Xmas pressie from the family.
Sorted.

must have more money than my mob, can't beat a bit of cas gear for christmas!
It was divided by 3

callum_walker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by callum_walker » 11 Feb 2018, 20:58

No idea why the club don't just implement what the top sides have i.e. Wigan have a machine scanner where you just place your ticket barcode and it scans it within two seconds and you're through. The system was shambolic today to say the least, imagine when Hull/Leeds come, the queue will be all the way back to the Carlton Lanes!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Feb 2018, 21:04

callum_walker wrote:No idea why the club don't just implement what the top sides have i.e. Wigan have a machine scanner where you just place your ticket barcode and it scans it within two seconds and you're through. The system was shambolic today to say the least, imagine when Hull/Leeds come, the queue will be all the way back to the Carlton Lanes!
Probably because it’s a huge amount of cash to invest in a stadium we are moving from. Pointless.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 11 Feb 2018, 23:35

Go back to the old system of a turnstile for season tickets only, the poor lass had to keep putting the scanner down to tear the stub from the tickets.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 11 Feb 2018, 23:44

Just looked to me like they need to invest in some decent devices to scan the tickets. That and have separate ticket and season ticket turnstiles.

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 12 Feb 2018, 00:20

Don't Wakey use the same system. I guess Cas just need to get the staffing levels sorted and sort what gate does what. Paper tickets, season tickets and pay on the gate. It could still get a bit silly on a week day night against such as Leeds or Hull who bring a lot of fans and all want to get in just before kick off.

BCT
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Wheldon Road End - The side bit next to the main stand

Post by BCT » 12 Feb 2018, 01:54

Me and my friend went to get into the ground around 3pm. The queue along wheldon road was ridiculous. We went to the training ground side and again the lines were bad. We walked futher down to the 2 turnstiles near the players entrance and that line went pretty quickly but only when a steward told people to form 2 lines as both turnstiles were being used. Hopefully once the staff get used to using the new scanner quicker it will improve but I agree we need perhaps less cash and more ticket turnstiles or at least season ticket only ones.
Cas Until I Die

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 12 Feb 2018, 12:33

Just a thought....

My concern is that the barcode system as it stands is open to abuse. What's to stop someone photocopying the barcode (or printing a copy card, which is not outside the realms of fantasy these days) and that being scanned on the gate. The woman on the turnstile at the Princess Street end of Wheldon Road was using an iPod Touch to (slowly) scan the season tickets, which wasn't helping the queue. Now, without WiFi, that device isn't linked to any other around the ground - so what's to stop the same code being used numerous times to get in?

I must admit, I expected to see hardwired/installed barcode readers at the turnstiles - not the amateur reader system that was used on the day. Hopefully, it's going to improve as we go forward.

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 12 Feb 2018, 13:02

I went in via the Princess Street and got in within 5 minutes at around 3:15. I thought the queues looked a bit longer for the WRE turnstiles but didn't realise they were moving as slow as is being reported.

I am also curious to know what the QR code scanner does when it scans the card because a few years ago there was a similar system in place where we had membership cards with barcodes on that apparently when scanned did nothing but beep to confirm that a barcode was read. I remember hearing that the old barcode scanners couldn't tell a membership card barcode from a barcode on a tin of beans.

In theory I would expect these QR code scanners to read the card, confirm the ID of the holder and also confirm that this is the only time it has been scanned for entry to the ground. Obviously the latter would require that all of the scanners are connected to a network.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 12 Feb 2018, 13:25

legionited wrote:In theory I would expect these QR code scanners to read the card, confirm the ID of the holder and also confirm that this is the only time it has been scanned for entry to the ground. Obviously the latter would require that all of the scanners are connected to a network.
Exactly. An iPod Touch has only WiFi (maybe Bluetooth) connectivity, which would in turn need a (preferably) secure WiFi network connecting all turnstiles in order for a central system/platform to be able to appropriately audit the cards as they're scanned. I don't think this is the case at the ground. I'm happy to be corrected, however.

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 12 Feb 2018, 13:47

Burratha wrote:
legionited wrote:In theory I would expect these QR code scanners to read the card, confirm the ID of the holder and also confirm that this is the only time it has been scanned for entry to the ground. Obviously the latter would require that all of the scanners are connected to a network.
Exactly. An iPod Touch has only WiFi (maybe Bluetooth) connectivity, which would in turn need a (preferably) secure WiFi network connecting all turnstiles in order for a central system/platform to be able to appropriately audit the cards as they're scanned. I don't think this is the case at the ground. I'm happy to be corrected, however.
I suppose there's also the potential that each scanner downloads it's data to a system afterwards and in theory any duplicated cards could be spotted then. I'm in favour of moving forward with technology and generally happy with the switch but somewhat curious as to how they work.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 12 Feb 2018, 14:00

Bring back the cards with numbered squares to scribble out. Problem sorted. :D

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Feb 2018, 16:09

Some one as said gates for season ticket holders ONLY, this to me is the most sensible way to go about it, the club needs the money up front from the season ticket holders but they must make it easy to gain entrance