Support

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Support

Post by Scoopage » 11 Feb 2018, 18:55

Far from impressed with our fans today(not all may I had)every mistake or slip or poor decision was greeted with a moan and a groan.i don’t wear rose tinted glasses by no means,criticism last week was justified in my eyes but this week when confidence is low and we need a winning start a lot of our fans were terrible.it filters onto the pitch and does is no good at all.we haven’t taken 2 points at saints for 25 years so today was the start of our season in my eyes and after the grand final and last weeks hammering the players deserved better.lets stop the sniping and moans and groans n get behind the lads and support em like we did in 2017

classysupercas2

Re: Support

Post by classysupercas2 » 11 Feb 2018, 19:04

Sorry criticism was totally justified not just with the players but with the club and coach. You cannot always accept accolade when things are going smoothly but not when constructive criticism is called for.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 11 Feb 2018, 19:06

Worst iv seen it for a long time first 20 minutes was like a library If we aren’t 10-0 up after 10 minutes people complain.

Nothing seems right about this season so far

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Feb 2018, 19:08

The fans were as flat as a fart.
Nothing to shout about to be fair.
Only showed when we got on a roll on mid way 2nd half.
Seem a told different atmosphere on and off the pitch.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 11 Feb 2018, 19:15

the 3.30 or 3.40 kick off debacle set the tone for another looong afternoon.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 11 Feb 2018, 19:27

classysupercas2 wrote:Sorry criticism was totally justified not just with the players but with the club and coach. You cannot always accept accolade when things are going smoothly but not when constructive criticism is called for.
Said criticism was called for mate

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Feb 2018, 19:40

Im with scoopage and i was fuming at saints last week by the way ..people shouting abuse at gale about his head guard and his hair hes not at his best but christ he was man of steel last year get behind the team were there all trying there best
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Feb 2018, 19:42

just over 7000 fans turned up on a cold winters day not a bad turnout , but if things don't buck up i can see the fickle fans stopping away and our crowds dropping, Its the first time for a long time our coach was not clapped when entering the field strange one that

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Feb 2018, 19:50

gateman wrote:just over 7000 fans turned up on a cold winters day not a bad turnout , but if things don't buck up i can see the fickle fans stopping away and our crowds dropping, Its the first time for a long time our coach was not clapped when entering the field strange one that

Thought that gateman.
I watch Daryl walk across the field and nothing, no chanting his name no applause.
As for the fans, it felt like -10 stood on the terraces, I thought 7100 was a good attendance to say it was so cold.

Anyone got the figure for our opening game last season.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 11 Feb 2018, 19:50

tigerfeat wrote:Im with scoopage and i was fuming at saints last week by the way ..people shouting abuse at gale about his head guard and his hair hes not at his best but christ he was man of steel last year get behind the team were there all trying there best
Some short memories mate.gale had 2 half back partners in 2 games not gunna click straight away.he kicked grubbers dead last season but we didn’t moan n groan cos we were on crest of a wave.some need to think before opening there traps

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 11 Feb 2018, 20:21

old cas lass wrote:
gateman wrote:just over 7000 fans turned up on a cold winters day not a bad turnout , but if things don't buck up i can see the fickle fans stopping away and our crowds dropping, Its the first time for a long time our coach was not clapped when entering the field strange one that

Thought that gateman.
I watch Daryl walk across the field and nothing, no chanting his name no applause.
As for the fans, it felt like -10 stood on the terraces, I thought 7100 was a good attendance to say it was so cold.

Anyone got the figure for our opening game last season.
I think we got 9k+ against Leigh on a friday night. Leigh did bring around 1k mind.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Feb 2018, 20:29

I think alot of people are disappointed the way the off season has panned out. We have simply not kicked on from last year.

We knew we needed 2 SL standard props - didn't sign any
We knew we needed a FB - didn't sign one.
Signed 6 championship players most have been loaned out

DP team selection is just baffling today. Don't seem to have any tactics.

The moral looks rock bottom for some reason

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 11 Feb 2018, 20:33

fords wrote:
I think alot of people are disappointed the way the off season has panned out. We have simply not kicked on from last year.

agree with all this we’ve lost our will to win for each other and our togetherness look like strangers at times something is defo not right Powell always talks about standards then after game gives abit of a comment on how supporters seem to think we should win every week, I don’t think that’s the case the problem is there for all us to see and the main part appears attitude to me I don’t care if we lose as long as we show we’re giving our alll and giving it everything these two games I don’t feel that’s been the case

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Feb 2018, 20:36

betts21 wrote:
fords wrote:

agree with all this we’ve lost our will to win for each other and our togetherness look like strangers at times something is defo not right Powell always talks about standards then after game gives abit of a comment on how supporters seem to think we should win every week, I don’t think that’s the case the problem is there for all us to see and the main part appears attitude to me I don’t care if we lose as long as we show we’re giving our alll and giving it everything these two games I don’t feel that’s been the case
I agree something is not right behind the scenes. Can't think of any other explanation.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 11 Feb 2018, 20:38

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Feb 2018, 20:42

I thought we tried hard enough today , the recruitment we got wrong other teams are stronger widnes will have come thinking they could win today and they nearly did
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 11 Feb 2018, 21:11

Thanks for posting that.

DP is clearly feeling it and finding it tough at the moment. He spoke well though and we all need to dig in one way or another.

There is clearly stuff going on in the background that's not for us to know yet - most of it will be ZH related. It gets clearer every week how much he improved several aspects of our game and the fact that other sides genuinely feared what he could do. So bloody frustrating........

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Feb 2018, 21:36

SuffolkTiger wrote:
Thanks for posting that.

DP is clearly feeling it and finding it tough at the moment. He spoke well though and we all need to dig in one way or another.

There is clearly stuff going on in the background that's not for us to know yet - most of it will be ZH related. It gets clearer every week how much he improved several aspects of our game and the fact that other sides genuinely feared what he could do. So bloody frustrating........
Agree
Daryl not a happy man ATM.
TBH, I think if he dare, he'd say 'how dare you get on our backs' and 'chill the F out' to the fans
He's feeling an element of pressure. Some we know about and some I guess we do not.
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Feb 2018, 21:44

I think he’s right to be fair.

A lot of clubs will be out to stop us and make us one season wonders. They will also have worked very hard on knowing how to stop us and I think Gale, Benny, Meeks are all still feeling it after the WC. Probably had a bit of a hit and miss pre season. I think everyone walks up expecting us to see us tonking sides after last year. It just won’t happen.

Last week was rank bad and I think we all know that. This week was defensively better just attack needs some adjustments. This two week break could be a god send in getting our structure and rhythm right.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 11 Feb 2018, 21:45

Mysterio wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:
Thanks for posting that.

Agree
Daryl not a happy man ATM.
TBH, I think if he dare, he'd say 'how dare you get on our backs' and 'chill the F out' to the fans
He's feeling an element of pressure. Some we know about and some I guess we do not.
Yep. It will all come out in the wash eventually.

He has a calm head which is what is needed at the moment.