TODAYS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: TODAYS GAME

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Feb 2018, 08:51

I would rarther play eden clare hitcock or turner at full back i wouldnt waist anymore time playing roberts there
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Feb 2018, 09:30

InTheKnow wrote:The club is clearly waiting on the results before deciding what to do with Zak.

The full back role is Roberts to lose which is also clear.

Nothing else you need to know. Yes it's not ideal but it's the best option we have at moment. Unless Eden goes to full back when fit with Jy or another on wing and Roberts back in the halves.
Then come out and say that then. I.e.

We are waiting on the results before deciding what happens to Zak. This has resulted in us not looking for a FB in the off season as we cant. He is not been sold to anyone and doent want to leave. Or whatever the truth is.

None of the fans can understand why no FB was brought in, maybe if they tell us we can all get on with the job in hand and stop moaning about the situation.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Feb 2018, 10:03

If we are going to go with what we have, obvious Daryl doesn't think Turners not ready Hitchcox would be my choice to have a go the lad as speed and is fearless, Daryl thinks Benny is the man for the job and he should know but as a fan i would beg to differ, I hope you come good Benny and prove me wrong

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Feb 2018, 10:17

Eden
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Lo
Roberts
Gale
Millington
Mcshane
Massey
Foster
McMeekan
Milner

Moors
Jesse
Green
Holmes/Wardle/Cook

That should be the team going forward IMO. so much power and striker in the backs and mobility in the pack. It's then anyones guess who gets a bench spot out of Holmes, Wardle, Cook as Foster and McMeekan (when he can be bothered) are our best back rowers.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Feb 2018, 10:36

Green i could not see what this lad did wrong V St Helens he made yardage and set up our only try, i thought he would have at least warranted a bench spot

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 13 Feb 2018, 10:40

heritage1926 wrote:Eden
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Lo
Roberts
Gale
Millington
Mcshane
Massey
Foster
McMeekan
Milner

Moors
Jesse
Green
Holmes/Wardle/Cook

That should be the team going forward IMO. so much power and striker in the backs and mobility in the pack. It's then anyones guess who gets a bench spot out of Holmes, Wardle, Cook as Foster and McMeekan (when he can be bothered) are our best back rowers.
Looks like a great squad on paper. A 6/7 combo who have played together for years. A quick FB that can link up with the attacking line. And as you see a mobile pack with powerful backs. All looks good to me. Maybe it isn't all room and gloom !

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Feb 2018, 10:46

lidds wrote:
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Lo
Roberts
Gale
Millington
Mcshane
Massey
Foster
McMeekan
Milner

Moors
Jesse
Green
Holmes/Wardle/Cook

Looks like a great squad on paper. A 6/7 combo who have played together for years. A quick FB that can link up with the attacking line. And as you see a mobile pack with powerful backs. All looks good to me. Maybe it isn't all room and gloom !
I agree give eden another chance get lo in team see what hes got looked good going forward in world cup raise spirts him charging over people ..theres question marks like but that back line looks lot better to me with ellis a option on bench
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 13 Feb 2018, 11:10

Eden doesn't want to play fullback
Lo going forward is an interesting one - defence is another story.
Backs can't play unless you win the middle and dominate the Ruck.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 Feb 2018, 11:41

ERG2012 wrote:Eden doesn't want to play fullback
And here is the problem for me.we have too many players who’s body laungage says they don’t want to play the position given.roberts full back doesn’t look happy,eden doesn’t want to play full back,moors doesn’t look happy at prop,gale doesn’t look happy with a new half back partner.now part of me thinks shut up and play where your put but it’s human nature to let this affect your game.now one disgruntled player you can deal with but when it’s 4 or 5 it becomes infectious through the team.just my opinion of what’s going off alongside a big confidence knock at the grand final,gale,mcmeeken and Roberts only getting 2 weeks preseason and the heavy pitches were encountering all adds up to what we’re serving up at the minute.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Feb 2018, 12:14

Greg might not want to play fullback but he has the engine to do it for 80 minutes week in week out, till maybe a replacement (Gigot potentially) is found.

Roberts doesn't look happy simply because he's out of his comfort zone. They say that the transition from halfback to fullback is the easiest to do in Rugby League, but Roberts has zero game awareness and positioning at fullback, add on top of that hes 30 odd and built like a forward. He was done after 15 minutes on Sunday, a better team would of took advantage of the situation. Eden is our best player with ball in hand bringing it away from our line, he'd certainly cause a few problems with kick returns.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 13 Feb 2018, 12:27

If Eden doesn't want to play full back, why did he sign as a full back?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Feb 2018, 12:33

Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Lo
Roberts
Gale
Millington
Mcshane
Massey
Foster
McMeekan
Milner

Moors
Jesse
Green
Holmes/Wardle/Cook

It's difficult to argue with that

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Feb 2018, 13:13

The times Eden as played full back for us he as yet to impress, playing on the wing he is one of the best wingers in the league, for me leave him there

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 Feb 2018, 13:15

cogito ergo sum wrote:If Eden doesn't want to play full back, why did he sign as a full back?
Needed a club in superleague at the time and now he’s scoring tries for fun on the wing he doesn’t want to go away from where he’s good at and finally found his position

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Feb 2018, 13:20

gateman wrote:The times Eden as played full back for us he as yet to impress, playing on the wing he is one of the best wingers in the league, for me leave him there
Most of Eden's tries came from the build-up play by the halves and ZH, Shenny. Not sure he's going to be as effective this time around with the current form being shown.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 13 Feb 2018, 13:26

Eden is our most experienced full back on the books, always looked good with ball in hand and as a good football brain and we will just have to put up with his defensive frailties, like we did with Dorn. With more games there Eden could go OK.
Ben Roberts never looks happy at this time of year wherever he plays but it makes sense to get him back into the halves with Gale.
Powell as some thinking to do over the next couple of weeks.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 13 Feb 2018, 13:46

WallTiger wrote:Here’s my opinion for what it’s worth. Whilst we are clearly a long way off the team of last season and there does seem to be a Hardaker/GF hangover lingering, yesterday’s performance was gutsy if not attractive and in years gone by we’d have lost that game but we dug in and got a very ugly win. The nervous tension could be felt in the crowd before kick off and this just got worse throughout the game which is obviously felt by the players.

Now I don’t have any idea what might/might not be going on behind the scenes and there quite possibly could be some underlying issues other than the Hardaker case but there could also be nothing other than we have started slowly and all the speculation on here and other social media outlets isn’t helping the situation.

I think the break has come at a good time for DP and his coaching/playing staff to regroup and get a few things sorted for the rest of the season.
Agreed. Actually quite enjoyed the game myself, if not the temperature lol.

Old school winter rugby league match.

Widnes are much improved on last season and will definitely not finish bottom of the pile in my opinion.

It is going to be a tough league this year, and bar St's who will definitely finish top 2, I think all 12 clubs will be in the mix for the top 8 and a good 8 clubs or so in the mix for the top 4, should be interesting.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Feb 2018, 13:49

Flat Capper wrote:
gateman wrote:The times Eden as played full back for us he as yet to impress, playing on the wing he is one of the best wingers in the league, for me leave him there
Most of Eden's tries came from the build-up play by the halves and ZH, Shenny. Not sure he's going to be as effective this time around with the current form being shown.
I must agree with you he is not going to get as much room to work in as did last year, but for me his position is wing along with Benny he looks FAR from comfortable at fullback, silly ZAK as given Daryl a right head ach but Daryl is one of the best coaches in the league so i am sure he will sort it, FINGERS CROSSED

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 13 Feb 2018, 16:48

ERG2012 wrote:Eden doesn't want to play fullback
Seems Powell not happy with Lo, very lazy in training, that's why shipped out early to Sheffield. Of course this could be wrong but the info I get told, seems nearly 100% from a certain party. Maybe should be shipped to rumour mill.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Feb 2018, 18:21

Scoopage wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:If Eden doesn't want to play full back, why did he sign as a full back?
Needed a club in superleague at the time and now he’s scoring tries for fun on the wing he doesn’t want to go away from where he’s good at and finally found his position
Correct. He didn't want to play FB in the GF but was told he was to play where picked. At this point he told DP to find somebody else then. That was the situation 2hrs before KO so I was told.

He is not comfortable there and doesn't like playing there.