TODAYS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: TODAYS GAME

Post by derbystiger » 12 Feb 2018, 15:31

Aid wrote:Nervous performance (from both team and fans) on a horrible pitch. We dominated most of the game but failed to score. It took sixty minutes for Cas to have a fluent attacking move that swept downfield (finished off by a disappointed kick from Gale) But, two points on the board and we are out of the bottom four! Onwards and upwards!
I wish I was convinced that it was a 'nervous' performance. Only my thoughts, obviously, but the desire and togetherness seems to be missing for me. I hope I'm wrong and now that we have the first win on the board things will settle, but something doesn't look quite right to me with the attitude. When JSL was on the field things looked different, he raised the whole team. I'm baffled as to why he was only on the field for 20 mins if that.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Feb 2018, 15:37

derbystiger wrote:
Aid wrote:Nervous performance (from both team and fans) on a horrible pitch. We dominated most of the game but failed to score. It took sixty minutes for Cas to have a fluent attacking move that swept downfield (finished off by a disappointed kick from Gale) But, two points on the board and we are out of the bottom four! Onwards and upwards!
I wish I was convinced that it was a 'nervous' performance. Only my thoughts, obviously, but the desire and togetherness seems to be missing for me. I hope I'm wrong and now that we have the first win on the board things will settle, but something doesn't look quite right to me with the attitude. When JSL was on the field things looked different, he raised the whole team. I'm baffled as to why he was only on the field for 20 mins if that.

Baffled me as well derby, we needed him on in the first half to lift things.
He totally changed the mind set of the players when he came on, he was driving in like a bull. The others reacted.
Soon as he goes off we more or less conceded a try, in the end we was clinging on for dear life.
Why oh why he only played 20 mins I just can’t work out, unless he’s pick up a niggly injury in training.

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 12 Feb 2018, 15:38

derbystiger wrote:
Completely agree about JSL. He even gestured to the other players to try and gee them up at one point. He looked like he wanted to do everything he could to win the game.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 12 Feb 2018, 15:49

Agree with others about JSL. Commented during the game it seemed an odd way of using him. He raised the team in his short spell.

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 12 Feb 2018, 15:53

I wonder if he was unwell or something during the week and they didnt want to risk him too much. If this is not the case, its strange that he only got limited game time considering the effect he had on the game.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Feb 2018, 15:53

legionited wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
Completely agree about JSL. He even gestured to the other players to try and gee them up at one point. He looked like he wanted to do everything he could to win the game.
He won the penalty in front of the post to make it 12 6 he was waving his arms in jesture to try and motivate the others.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 12 Feb 2018, 16:25

Here’s my opinion for what it’s worth. Whilst we are clearly a long way off the team of last season and there does seem to be a Hardaker/GF hangover lingering, yesterday’s performance was gutsy if not attractive and in years gone by we’d have lost that game but we dug in and got a very ugly win. The nervous tension could be felt in the crowd before kick off and this just got worse throughout the game which is obviously felt by the players.

Now I don’t have any idea what might/might not be going on behind the scenes and there quite possibly could be some underlying issues other than the Hardaker case but there could also be nothing other than we have started slowly and all the speculation on here and other social media outlets isn’t helping the situation.

I think the break has come at a good time for DP and his coaching/playing staff to regroup and get a few things sorted for the rest of the season.

classysupercas2

Post by classysupercas2 » 12 Feb 2018, 18:55

powell says there was a nervousness around the place. yes there was and its quite simply that eveyone in the ground including the players know that we should have signed a reconised full back on months ago and nobody apart from him thought that ben roberts was the man. now with only one game into the season he was already gona drop him and play eden there if eden was fit enough to play. mind bogling darlyl im sorry. rectify the full back position and everything else just could work out acceptably to the fans this year.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Feb 2018, 19:04

Luke gale said on radio leeds ..the win as helped to lift a cloud of gloom thats over the club...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Feb 2018, 19:10

tigerfeat wrote:Luke gale said on radio leeds ..the win as helped to lift a cloud of gloom thats over the club...

Can’t make it up, a cloud of gloom over the club.
It’s like we never won the LLS, man of steal, club of the year, coach of the year.
All because if one position we didn’t rectify when for 4 months that’s what we needed....desperately. A cloud of gloom. Geez.
This is the MOS saying that.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Feb 2018, 20:15

He's got a point. The gloom settled on the Thursday before the GF.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Feb 2018, 22:24

old cas lass wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Luke gale said on radio leeds ..the win as helped to lift a cloud of gloom thats over the club...

It’s like we never won the LLS, man of steal, club of the year, coach of the year.
All because if one position we didn’t rectify when for 4 months that’s what we needed....desperately. A cloud of gloom. Geez.
The club need to tell the fans whats going on with Zak, the FB role and where we are with it all.

maybe then when the fans know whats been going on we can all move on and get on with the 2018 season

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 13 Feb 2018, 00:47

fords wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

The club need to tell the fans whats going on with Zak, the FB role and where we are with it all.

How can they when they don’t know?
maybe then when the fans know whats been going on we can all move on and get on with the 2018 season

classysupercas2

Post by classysupercas2 » 13 Feb 2018, 08:25

fords wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Agree100%

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 13 Feb 2018, 08:40

The club is clearly waiting on the results before deciding what to do with Zak.

The full back role is Roberts to lose which is also clear.

Nothing else you need to know. Yes it's not ideal but it's the best option we have at moment. Unless Eden goes to full back when fit with Jy or another on wing and Roberts back in the halves.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Feb 2018, 08:51

I would rarther play eden clare hitcock or turner at full back i wouldnt waist anymore time playing roberts there
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Feb 2018, 09:30

InTheKnow wrote:The club is clearly waiting on the results before deciding what to do with Zak.

The full back role is Roberts to lose which is also clear.

Nothing else you need to know. Yes it's not ideal but it's the best option we have at moment. Unless Eden goes to full back when fit with Jy or another on wing and Roberts back in the halves.
Then come out and say that then. I.e.

We are waiting on the results before deciding what happens to Zak. This has resulted in us not looking for a FB in the off season as we cant. He is not been sold to anyone and doent want to leave. Or whatever the truth is.

None of the fans can understand why no FB was brought in, maybe if they tell us we can all get on with the job in hand and stop moaning about the situation.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Feb 2018, 10:03

If we are going to go with what we have, obvious Daryl doesn't think Turners not ready Hitchcox would be my choice to have a go the lad as speed and is fearless, Daryl thinks Benny is the man for the job and he should know but as a fan i would beg to differ, I hope you come good Benny and prove me wrong

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Feb 2018, 10:17

Eden
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Lo
Roberts
Gale
Millington
Mcshane
Massey
Foster
McMeekan
Milner

Moors
Jesse
Green
Holmes/Wardle/Cook

That should be the team going forward IMO. so much power and striker in the backs and mobility in the pack. It's then anyones guess who gets a bench spot out of Holmes, Wardle, Cook as Foster and McMeekan (when he can be bothered) are our best back rowers.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Feb 2018, 10:36

Green i could not see what this lad did wrong V St Helens he made yardage and set up our only try, i thought he would have at least warranted a bench spot