MELTDOWN....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

MELTDOWN....

Post by bane73 » 04 Feb 2018, 16:41

Am I the only one who thinks the meltdown on here is just plain pathetic? Get a grip ffs.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: MELTDOWN....

Post by sirocco7 » 04 Feb 2018, 16:53

I’m with you mate , a lot of supporters are pathetic.... It’s the first game of the season. People need to get a grip .

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 04 Feb 2018, 16:57

bane73 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the meltdown on here is just plain pathetic? Get a grip ffs.
My sentiments exactly We cant win em all ....ITS ONLY A GAME BOYS.. its only a game, 8)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 04 Feb 2018, 17:06

Completely agree.

29 games to rectify things. It will hurt but hopefully we can make Widnes hurt next week in return with a backlash.

What’s particularly upsetting is that people are making comments without knowledge of circumstances and taking things at face value.

Poor recruitment but don’t know how much money has gone into retaining players at the club, and how much spare we had for recruitment. Don’t know whether Hardaker is still being paid, don’t know what conversations Powell has had with the players or why he brought in these players. Don’t understand how much players they keep mentioning we missed out on actually wanted.

Criticising everyone from the players to the coach to the Directors to the washing up lady. Such an OTT reaction. It’s a bad defeat but it will only derail our season if we let it.

Support the teams in good times and in bad. It was a poor effort all around. Move on, let’s focus on supporting the lads.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 04 Feb 2018, 17:08

bane73 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the meltdown on here is just plain pathetic? Get a grip ffs.

at last someone talking sense :clap: :clap: :clap:

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 04 Feb 2018, 17:16

Let’s see where we are after the first 5. Next 4 games all winnable. If we are 4 from 5 in a months time then Friday night will be a distant memory :pray: :pray:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 04 Feb 2018, 17:42

HuddsTigers wrote:Completely agree.

29 games to rectify things. It will hurt but hopefully we can make Widnes hurt next week in return with a backlash.

What’s particularly upsetting is that people are making comments without knowledge of circumstances and taking things at face value.

Poor recruitment but don’t know how much money has gone into retaining players at the club, and how much spare we had for recruitment. Don’t know whether Hardaker is still being paid, don’t know what conversations Powell has had with the players or why he brought in these players. Don’t understand how much players they keep mentioning we missed out on actually wanted.

Criticising everyone from the players to the coach to the Directors to the washing up lady. Such an OTT reaction. It’s a bad defeat but it will only derail our season if we let it.

Support the teams in good times and in bad. It was a poor effort all around. Move on, let’s focus on supporting the lads.
Widnes won’t be a walk over.
They are 32 12 up v Catalans, unless cats are gonna be the whipping boys.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 05 Feb 2018, 08:50

sirocco7 wrote:I’m with you mate , a lot of supporters are pathetic.... It’s the first game of the season. People need to get a grip .
Yes its only 1 game but its Rd1 and no team should put a performance in like that nor should it be accepted. After all, all we have heard in pre season is the lads are rearing to go, the squad is deep and if you don't play on top of our game each week you will be replaced.

Plenty on Friday that didn't perform, did they look bothered about there place, no, will they be replaced no.

We will see if it was a blip on Sunday. Most of us probably thought Widnes at home will be a walk in the park, it should be but wont be. They will be confident after smashing Catalan and seeing our performance on Friday.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Feb 2018, 09:51

Some people seriously need a reality check , people going on friday with a family will have spent well.over 100 quid you have people travelling from all over the country taking days off work no one would be bothered if the team put a shift in and got beat but to see some players taking the mick is totally unaceptable it also follows on from the last competive match which was also a woefull effort in the biggest game in the clubs history
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 05 Feb 2018, 10:02

What’s pathetic is this post.its fans not having a meltdown it’s fans just very concerned about what they just witnessed.OUR COACH questioned attitude and performance why shouldn’t.we?not one person as said our season is over and we can’t turn it around just questioned and quite rightly so what was served up.that night cost me and my family £130 to watch poor attitude and a lack of effort.i still clapped them at the end and encouraged them to get there heads up while others booed and sang “what the f****** hell was that”and I couldn’t argue with either reaction.every person on this post who as agreed with the opening post are the one that boil my urine.climb off your high horses and give your heads a shake

SY Tiger

Post by SY Tiger » 05 Feb 2018, 10:26

Meltdown - No
Nearly all posts on here are from that have a valid opinion as to why we are were we are. Only one game gone but the general opinion is that we should have invested in a full back. That has not happened for one reason or another and won.t happen now so hopefully we put all this behind us sunday with a win.
Somehow I don't think so and the full back saga will be an issue throughout the season with a lot of "I told you so". A valid opinion but we have to move on.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 06 Feb 2018, 17:29

Scoopage wrote:What’s pathetic is this post.its fans not having a meltdown it’s fans just very concerned about what they just witnessed.OUR COACH questioned attitude and performance why shouldn’t.we?not one person as said our season is over and we can’t turn it around just questioned and quite rightly so what was served up.that night cost me and my family £130 to watch poor attitude and a lack of effort.i still clapped them at the end and encouraged them to get there heads up while others booed and sang “what the f****** hell was that”and I couldn’t argue with either reaction.every person on this post who as agreed with the opening post are the one that boil my urine.climb off your high horses and give your heads a shake
Point in case...MELTDOWN. Ok we were...poor to say the least but after the first game after with half the team riddled with flu, more than you think were Ill, if we play like this Sunday then yes have a rant. 140 quid is the reason I won’t go to away games now, especially, saints is a bogey place for us and with whistle happy child in charge did you expect any less.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 06 Feb 2018, 21:15

bane73 wrote:
Scoopage wrote:What’s pathetic is this post.its fans not having a meltdown it’s fans just very concerned about what they just witnessed.OUR COACH questioned attitude and performance why shouldn’t.we?not one person as said our season is over and we can’t turn it around just questioned and quite rightly so what was served up.that night cost me and my family £130 to watch poor attitude and a lack of effort.i still clapped them at the end and encouraged them to get there heads up while others booed and sang “what the f****** hell was that”and I couldn’t argue with either reaction.every person on this post who as agreed with the opening post are the one that boil my urine.climb off your high horses and give your heads a shake
Point in case...MELTDOWN. Ok we were...poor to say the least but after the first game after with half the team riddled with flu, more than you think were Ill, if we play like this Sunday then yes have a rant. 140 quid is the reason I won’t go to away games now, especially, saints is a bogey place for us and with whistle happy child in charge did you expect any less.
I’m gonna take the opportunity to say this now as its not often we can say it, so here goes - Friday had nothing to do with Childs reffing :D

classysupercas1

Post by classysupercas1 » 06 Feb 2018, 23:43

tigerfeat wrote:Some people seriously need a reality check , people going on friday with a family will have spent well.over 100 quid you have people travelling from all over the country taking days off work no one would be bothered if the team put a shift in and got beat but to see some players taking the mick is totally unaceptable it also follows on from the last competive match which was also a woefull effort in the biggest game in the clubs history
I agree totally mate