Small Club Mentality...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Small Club Mentality...

Post by westyorkylad » 05 Feb 2018, 17:44

You see Lofthouse Tiger ............. you can be reasonable :lol:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 05 Feb 2018, 17:44

To be fair westyorkshirelad, I said all we needed was 2 decent recruits, 1 a fullback to replace you know who. The other a prop.
We didn’t need to fill the squad with super stars like Warrington.
We needed 2 players.
Why bring in the like of Clair and Aston, personally I don’t think we need them.
My only guess at that is they were cheap. Doubt they will get much game time.

Anyhow like I said before it is what it is and DP needs to wave his magic wand once again.
Let’s hope it works out.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 05 Feb 2018, 17:47

Always reasonable. Say it how I see it. :dance: :dance: :dance:

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 05 Feb 2018, 17:50

old cas lass wrote:To be fair westyorkshirelad, I said all we needed was 2 decent recruits, 1 a fullback to replace you know who. The other a prop.
We needed 2 players.
Why bring in the like of Clair and Aston, personally I don’t think we need them.

Anyhow like I said before it is what it is and DP needs to wave his magic wand once again.
Let’s hope it works out.
I'm not disagreeing OldCasLass, would like to have seen the same myself, just making an observation about how Powelly tends to go about the recruiting over the last couple of years that's all.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 05 Feb 2018, 17:55

westyorkylad wrote:
old cas lass wrote:To be fair westyorkshirelad, I said all we needed was 2 decent recruits, 1 a fullback to replace you know who. The other a prop.
We needed 2 players.

Let’s hope it works out.
I'm not disagreeing OldCasLass, would like to have seen the same myself, just making an observation about how Powelly tends to go about the recruiting over the last couple of years that's all.
Not all have worked out though.
Looks like that’s how he likes to work......project players.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 05 Feb 2018, 17:56

Not knocking how he works, so far so good but sometimes a bit of quality makes a massive difference to everyone.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 05 Feb 2018, 19:13

Not defending anyone but there is the chance that we tried and failed due to Visa issues or daft money being asked.

I think the club especially DP know we need a no1.

Now having said it was possible the BOD had not made the money available ( and being told from the top that was not the case).......it must be we just could not get the right person.

Lofthouse.....fairly sure I was at those meetings you discuss because the replies are etched on my memory.

I don't agree with some of the decisions made by this BOD but we are in a better place than before.
Giving full control to the Fultons ,along with Interest, and the loans still sitting there will one day come back to haunt us.
Robbo
Truth is always best !

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 05 Feb 2018, 19:19

Robbo wrote:Not defending anyone but there is the chance that we tried and failed due to Visa issues or daft money being asked.

I think the club especially DP know we need a no1.

Now having said it was possible the BOD had not made the money available ( and being told from the top that was not the case).......it must be we just could not get the right person.

Lofthouse.....fairly sure I was at those meetings you discuss because the replies are etched on my memory.

I don't agree with some of the decisions made by this BOD but we are in a better place than before.
Giving full control to the Fultons ,along with Interest, and the loans still sitting there will one day come back to haunt us.
Robbo
Let’s be honest Catalan have lost a fair few players have a i rich backer probably the help they needed and if was a battle for wages they were probably more likely to make him a bigger offer as thy are in a similar position as us and no idea if when gigot willl be coming back

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 05 Feb 2018, 19:48

Maybe you were Robbo and there are many more examples I could have used as you well know. It appears people dont know or like the truth of how things are at times.

Did you know Robbo that someone on here believes we are the same person? Having said that he/she has disappeared sharpish after making himself/herself look rather foolish.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 05 Feb 2018, 21:48

We needed 2 players.

Let’s hope it works out.
Don matter that they are cheap, they are not needed so its a waste of cash.

Should have been put to use elsewhere in the squad.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 05 Feb 2018, 21:52

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Maybe you were Robbo and there are many more examples I could have used as you well know. It appears people dont know or like the truth of how things are at times.

Did you know Robbo that someone on here believes we are the same person? Having said that he/she has disappeared sharpish after making himself/herself look rather foolish.
I think the club need to come out and tell us about the zak situation. They are quite within their right not to but i think if they did at least the fans know what they are up against, tried or not tried to do in the off season etc. How much it will help i don't know.

hopefully we can then get on with trying to be in the top 4 again

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 05 Feb 2018, 23:11

Might be news re ZH this week

Ha ha same person . Some people believe anything.
My name and my whereabouts stand and unless I say it’s a guess it’s the truth.
I love the club and always will but there are more twists than Mc Mafia
Robbo
Truth is always best !

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 05 Feb 2018, 23:35

Robbo wrote:Might be news re ZH this week

Ha ha same person . Some people believe anything.
My name and my whereabouts stand and unless I say it’s a guess it’s the truth.
I love the club and always will but there are more twists than Mc Mafia
Robbo
What are the odds we manage to get a replacement during season?

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 05 Feb 2018, 23:43

I sincerely hope all this hasn’t pushed our CEO to leave has suggested on the rumour section.

Anyone know?
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Feb 2018, 09:35

Why would he leave? Not his fault what Hardaker did. Is it his job to sort it out or are the BOD cobtrolling things? Who knows but it needs sorting sooner rather than later.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Feb 2018, 09:55

No one seems to why it is taking so long before ZAK appears in front of the people who are going to determine his fate one way or the other, Its over 20 weeks since the test no date set for him to appear WHY ?? the clubs hands are tied till we hear the outcome

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 06 Feb 2018, 10:54

Because it takes six months it’s not even been 4 since the suspension was announced. Be patient my good man.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Feb 2018, 13:22

TT Tiger wrote:Because it takes six months it’s not even been 4 since the suspension was announced. Be patient my good man.
Any idea why 6 months ??

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 06 Feb 2018, 13:43

gateman wrote:No one seems to why it is taking so long before ZAK appears in front of the people who are going to determine his fate one way or the other, Its over 20 weeks since the test no date set for him to appear WHY ?? the clubs hands are tied till we hear the outcome
I fully understand your sentiment but the reality is all those caught taking banned substances during competition usually receive a 2 year ban.

Now unless Cas are aware of a proposed defence from Zac and his team that is based on the ineptitude of the WADA that is likely to successfully challenge the testing; they should know full well of the need to recruit a fullback is a no 1 priority.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

classysupercas1

Post by classysupercas1 » 06 Feb 2018, 14:33

Flat Capper wrote:
gateman wrote:No one seems to why it is taking so long before ZAK appears in front of the people who are going to determine his fate one way or the other, Its over 20 weeks since the test no date set for him to appear WHY ?? the clubs hands are tied till we hear the outcome
I fully understand your sentiment but the reality is all those caught taking banned substances during competition usually receive a 2 year ban.

Now unless Cas are aware of a proposed defence from Zac and his team that is based on the ineptitude of the WADA that is likely to successfully challenge the testing; they should know full well of the need to recruit a fullback is a no 1 priority.
Yes number 1 priority asap