widnes next sunday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: widnes next sunday

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Feb 2018, 16:51

KB80 wrote:
drleftie wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Ellis for Trueman the rest stays the same. Gives the team a big chance to correct last weeks performance. Lets hope we get back to somewhere nesr our best.

This.
Changing what has been planned for & worked on for the whole of preseason on the basis of a single poor performance makes no sense & smacks of panic, particularly when it wasn't only the fb who had a bad game.
Normally I'd agree - However im not convinced, primarily because Roberts appeared to lack the basic fitness to do the job.

Although our pitch (less ground to cover) and a more solid performance from other players may limit the the demands placed on him, the fact he was hunched over blowing after 15 minutes last week tells me it's not going to work. In which case plan B needs implementing ASAP.
That's my train of thought also.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 09 Feb 2018, 17:15

I would drop McMeekan this weekend and have Foster and Holmes in the back row with Cook as interchange. He had possibly his worst game last Friday, missed some critical tackles which led to tries and was overall poor. Think he's become far too comfortable lately, ever since he became an international player.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 09 Feb 2018, 17:19

No way I keep Roberts at full back.

Eden to full back. He's not great but he can do the job and he's far from lazy.
Jy onto wing in his spot.
Roberts in place of Trueman.

Eden
Jy
Shenton
Webster
Minikin
Roberts
Gale

Pack stays the same. We have all seen what Jy can do in Edens place so for me let's do this.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 09 Feb 2018, 17:20

heritage1926 wrote:I would drop McMeekan this weekend and have Foster and Holmes in the back row with Cook as interchange. He had possibly his worst game last Friday, missed some critical tackles which led to tries and was overall poor. Think he's become far too comfortable lately, ever since he became an international player.
Totally agree, both McMeeken and Roberts looked nowhere near fit as yet and I would have sent them back into some tough pre season work with a view to them getting up to speed for the Hull match in a couple of weeks.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 09 Feb 2018, 17:40

Let's hope the lads can show us "The Eye of the Tiger" this time rather than "The Arse of the Tiger" which they showed us last week !!!!!

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 09 Feb 2018, 21:37

I think a Tiger's arse would have been more effective than us last week.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Feb 2018, 11:24

heritage1926 wrote:I would drop McMeekan this weekend and have Foster and Holmes in the back row with Cook as interchange. He had possibly his worst game last Friday, missed some critical tackles which led to tries and was overall poor. Think he's become far too comfortable lately, ever since he became an international player.
Hardly an international he's played like 2 games but now has the ego the size of a barn door. He needs to get some graft done to help the team out

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Feb 2018, 15:00

Roberts stays at full back.
No Greg Eden. Jy plays.
Ellis at 6

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 11 Feb 2018, 15:09

so dispite saying there would be changes after last week the only players who are left out is eden who i thought played well so surely is an injury and green

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Feb 2018, 15:12

dude wrote:so dispite saying there would be changes after last week the only players who are left out is eden who i thought played well so surely is an injury and green

Yep. Mcmeeken as to pull his finger out today or he surely will be walking on thin ice.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 11 Feb 2018, 15:15

old cas lass wrote:
dude wrote:so dispite saying there would be changes after last week the only players who are left out is eden who i thought played well so surely is an injury and green

Yep. Mcmeeken as to pull his finger out today or he surely will be walking on thin ice.
he was so poor against saints yet he keeps his place. he never comes in and takes drives away from our own line. if oggy is the other 2nd row today he does loads nore work than mcmeeken

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 11 Feb 2018, 15:19

whats up with greg eden

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 11 Feb 2018, 15:20

It was obvious there would be no wholesale changes as we don't have the quality in depth to do it.
I said straight after DP's press conference after the saints game that his next one would be about how he felt the players who performed so badly should have the opportunity to make amends. What coaches & players say publicly mean absolutely nothing.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 11 Feb 2018, 15:29

Baffled why Green is Dropped
Eden put have a knock
McSequins has waved the envelope of incriminating photos of the coaching staff at them and keeps his place

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 Feb 2018, 15:57

ERG2012 wrote:Baffled why Green is Dropped
Eden put have a knock
McSequins has waved the envelope of incriminating photos of the coaching staff at them and keeps his place
Surely foster for mcmeeken would have been the logical swap
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 11 Feb 2018, 16:04

Fozzy is starting at Prop but yes I totally agree with you

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Feb 2018, 16:19

Flat Capper wrote:
fords wrote:
So no big changes then like DP has been saying all week apart from Trueman who is not able to play anyway.

Wardle didn't make the 17 last week.
I was just thinking the same!

I really was expecting a few changes this week simply to give a right kick up the rear to those that very definitely did not try at all last week. Hope it works out this week DP?
So the only change was dropping green which was a bit harsh, all the rest are enforced changes