Powell's 1st big mistake...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Powell's 1st big mistake...

Post by lidds » 04 Feb 2018, 18:30

derbystiger wrote:I watched an interview with McDermott one day last week and he said the performance against us last year when we hammered them was that bad that it almost didnt matter. When you think about it, it actually makes a bit of sense.
It does. Where do you even start when evaluating the game, or do you just write it off and say that was so bad, let's start afresh!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 04 Feb 2018, 18:59

lidds wrote:
derbystiger wrote:I watched an interview with McDermott one day last week and he said the performance against us last year when we hammered them was that bad that it almost didnt matter. When you think about it, it actually makes a bit of sense.
It does. Where do you even start when evaluating the game, or do you just write it off and say that was so bad, let's start afresh!
Exactly. Didn’t do them any harm in the end did it

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 04 Feb 2018, 19:14

It isnt the game that needs evaluatibg its the attitude and approach from the players that needs questioning and I am sure it will be.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 04 Feb 2018, 20:29

Aid wrote:Normally I would agree with that BUT Benny AMBLED across to the touchline and then just allowed the ball to bobble out. Don't forget we were already losing by then. He should have sprinted over grabbed the ball and charged up field making ten maybe fifteen metres, getting Cas on the front foot. We desperately needed a lift. Instead he was lackadaisical, nay bone idle!
A lot of people are slagging Benny over the 40/20 but it's unbelievable that nobody has mentioned McShane not putting the ball dead letting Walmsley knock it back for Lomax to score and make it 16 points down. McShane had a good game but that should have been safety first. Billy Slater cost the Aussies the world cup with his error and he is the worlds best fullback, mistakes happen get over it.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 04 Feb 2018, 20:31

sparky49 wrote:
Aid wrote:Normally I would agree with that BUT Benny AMBLED across to the touchline and then just allowed the ball to bobble out. Don't forget we were already losing by then. He should have sprinted over grabbed the ball and charged up field making ten maybe fifteen metres, getting Cas on the front foot. We desperately needed a lift. Instead he was lackadaisical, nay bone idle!
A lot of people are slagging Benny over the 40/20 but it's unbelievable that nobody has mentioned McShane not putting the ball dead letting Walmsley knock it back for Lomax to score and make it 16 points down. McShane had a good game but that should have been safety first. Billy Slater cost the Aussies the world cup with his error and he is the worlds best fullback, mistakes happen get over it.
Did it go back though.
I thought Walmsley knocked it straight down and then the ball bounced backwards.
The first touch by Walmsley was a knock on, IMO.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 04 Feb 2018, 21:09

A try all day long

classysupercas1

Post by classysupercas1 » 04 Feb 2018, 21:21

HuddsTigers wrote:
But you have to remember our forwards were absolutely knackered. If he didn’t hear any call or believed it to be past the 40, letting it go out and resetting play and giving the forwards a rest probably seemed like a good plan.

We win as a team, we lose as a team. There wasn’t just Benny making mistakes. It’s unfair to target him solely, as many of these threads are. The backs can’t do anything without decent go forward.
I agree nearly everyone was poor but benny shouldn't be there in the first place

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 04 Feb 2018, 23:03

init wrote:Hudds I see what you are saying but you have to also look at it from the other perspective.

1. We were joint favs for GF....Why is that?.....because the team we have is supposed to be a quality team able to compete with the big boys now.......the team that trotted out at Sts would struggle against NL 1 sides....its an attitude issue not pressure to perform issue....

2. I dont see all that many directly bagging Roberts most are acknowledging he is in the wrong position and this is a DP problem although even the best of us wonder how you let that 40/20 go ......

3. Always struggle at Sts..losers mentality simple as that...who cares how many years we have gone without a win...this is not the same team as 5 years ago and even less longer than that...its an attitude issue simple as....the team was beaten before a ball was kicked.

4. Pressure getting of to a good start......jesus seriously...
Sts came at us like a bullet from a gun and they are joint favs to win GF......pressure a plenty to beat their title rivals and I didnt see any lack of effort due to their expectation level....we are suppossed to be title favs and you simply cannot say pressure to get a good start was a factor in that game.....it was attitude.

I personally hope it was one of those days......but to perform like that was and is totally unacceptable because this club has set a very high standard.

Also I think the reaction from the fans is to be expected...we are supposed to be a top club and to perform like that after everything this club has done is natural.......we are no longer whipping boys and we expect better.

I hope DP has run the riot over himself and the team putting a hospital case onto the pitch was just about as dumb as you can get.
cos more money had gone on cas than any one else. its how turf accountants work.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 05 Feb 2018, 09:01

old cas lass wrote:
sparky49 wrote:
Did it go back though.
I thought Walmsley knocked it straight down and then the ball bounced backwards.
The first touch by Walmsley was a knock on, IMO.
If it had been in mid field it would have been a knock on that's 100% guaranteed.