todays game

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: todays game

Post by casfanfromcov » 02 Feb 2018, 23:47

I didn't see the game, but I think it's interesting that McMeeken and Gale are getting criticised. I wouldn't have played either for the first 2 or 3 games, so they could get more rest and come back fitter and fresher after going on the England tour. Last season showed us we need to peak in September and October not February and March, so I would have made that sacrifice. I know other teams haven't rested their England players, but we don't have to follow the flock

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 02 Feb 2018, 23:55

You were lucky mate

The Badger

Post by The Badger » 03 Feb 2018, 00:15

Right from the kick off we didn’t catch the ball. We allowed it to bounce and Sts won it luckily Morgan knocked on after a couple of tackles. I don’t believe we were on it right from arriving at the ground this must be down to the coaches. All the talk about hurting after the Grand Final it looks like only the fans have done this after tonight. McMeeken never done enough for me too soft and Minikin way off Grace in pace Jy can maybe handle him not Minikin, also Moors did what ??

Fearless' Headguard

Post by Fearless' Headguard » 03 Feb 2018, 00:27

dude wrote:mcmeekin never gets subbed but he does much less work than whoever plays other second row. he hardly ever comes in for a drive and has already cost us 2 tries
Heartily agreed, -for me the jury is really out on him since his appalling performance in the GF. He seems increasing like one of those players who is all go when things are in our favour but is completely anonymous when the chips are down.
The fearsome hollow boom of the older boys in the deep end, The green shoots of recovery shriveled up in harsh tomorrows, Left to pick dry sticks and mumble to myself, A melancholy emblem of parish cruelty.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 03 Feb 2018, 00:40

Seriously, we should have got the cheque book out for a proper fullback. I’d suggest Max Jowitt at Wakey is likely to be frustrated over there, he’d fit the bill well.

The Badger

Post by The Badger » 03 Feb 2018, 00:45

For me we are in big trouble at full back everyone knows we haven’t got one and all opposition will look to exploit this. Felt a bit sorry for Jake tonight targeted by the Sts forwards as we lost the ruck again and again. Welcome to Super League Jake.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 03 Feb 2018, 00:51

DPs fault completely ..... who picks a player who is ill??? all game down a forward....Roberts tried and failed .... completely lost at FB........not gonna knock dp for this too much he thought it might work obviously it is clear immediately Roberts is not a FB and never will be...if DP plays him there again then he will have lost the plot.....McMeeken just drop the lad...hasnt been right for a while maybe a kick up the backside to get some of the fire back but boy was he bad again tonight.

Whats with DP starting moors at prop just makes no sense .. he is best when coming on against a tiring team......should of started with cook and left milo at home and brought a player who could play.

I believe in DP but tonight the blame for that mess lays with him....Trueman really over Ellis against sts away.....

and to top it all milner showing guys twice his size how to tackle...

Probably the best thing to happen to us tonight......too many players thinking there better than they are and DP living in a dream world if he thinks that team were chomping at the bit to get on the field to play.....more like too much coffee and backslapping than any desire to play rugby.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 03 Feb 2018, 01:04

Saints certainly took to exorcising last season's demons tonight. Whereas we carried on where we left off in the GF.
So many headscratchers and so many disappointments and worries.
Yes Saints look like they will take some stopping- probably the best side in the comp by a margin. But we looked totally undercooked in every aspect.
A couple of decent performances from Eden, McShane at points, Holmes, Jesse perhaps but some others as mentioned were woeful.
McMeeken was dire. Roberts a million miles away from what we need at FB. The system seemed shot tonight. Green off after 5 mins? McMeeken stays on and continues to make error after.
Wardle and Millo esp are big losses admittedly, but recruitment tonight looked like a massive failure. Fortunately it is only one game and away to the toughest side we will likely face so time will tell. But the signs there were extremely concerning

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 03 Feb 2018, 02:03

Just got back, and still struggling to believe what I’ve just stood and watched. Total garbage. 3 hours stuck on the M6 to get there, and then closed on the way home - to watch that!! Surprised nobody mentioned Olly, thought he had a dig. Oh well, nothing is won in February, best to get the bad one out of the way early. Not much to say that hasn’t already been said, but Meeks was beyond diabolical and where the hell was Gale?! Arghhhhhh! So frustrated right now.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 03 Feb 2018, 07:20

Coach of the Year has real work to do....

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... barrassing

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Feb 2018, 08:44

He was fuming after the match against fev on boxing day saying hes not going to put up with that kind of attitude , there may be some issues that need sorting prity quick
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Feb 2018, 09:13

there was me thinking we would turn them over how wrong i was, i thought Holmes was our best player followed by Jesse Eden and MC Shane the least said about the rest the better, it was by far the worst display of rugby since the Basil days, we are at home next week to a team that's tipped for the bottom four lose that one and the alarm bells will be ringing

classysupercas1

Post by classysupercas1 » 03 Feb 2018, 10:57

Alot of the blame rests with Powell yesterday. Ellis should have played instead of Truman. And his faith in Roberts at full back is baffling. Should have signed a back up full back.Mcmeeken needs dropping.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Feb 2018, 11:03

Looking at bits of the match again before i delted it ..the ease there forwards got on top of ours and just running players at us down the middle was alarming
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 03 Feb 2018, 11:19

Spanishtiger wrote:Personally I'd give Clare the FB spot and put Benny back to 6.
I'd also be giving Luke Gale a boot up the arris and make sure that I had 17 fit players in the squad, Millo was a waste of interchanges.

Apart from McShane we were shocking from 1-17
Playing somebody that's ill, what the hell is that all about