Lo and Aston On Loan

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
princeka01
Academy Player
Academy Player

Lo and Aston On Loan

Post by princeka01 » 31 Jan 2018, 12:27

Ash i think is the right call but i would like to see Lo pushing for a starting spot especially after Minikin has just got back from injury cant imagine hes 100% match fit

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Lo and Aston On Loan

Post by Bolton-tiger » 31 Jan 2018, 12:31

Eventually i see lo pushing his way in if he has a good start to the championship and put pressure on the 1st team wingers.love to see him have a good run of game in sl

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 31 Jan 2018, 12:47

Bolton-tiger wrote:Eventually i see lo pushing his way in if he has a good start to the championship and put pressure on the 1st team wingers.love to see him have a good run of game in sl
The dilemma for me as a fan is, i want to see Lo as much as possible in Super League. By all accounts, he had a few offers from elsewhere but chose us. Heand his agent have not hid the fact that they are interested in a move to the NRL in the near future, on the back of his World Cup efforts, so i want us to get the most out of him whilst we can.

On the other hand, he isn't going to replace Eden anytime soon, so that leaves Minikin. I'm a big fan of Minikin, he had a ropey back end of the season, but he's being touted as a potential England player and he's exciting when on form. I don't want him falling down the pecking order, becoming disillusioned and then wanting to leave for game time elsewhere, our loss would certainly be another teams gain.

I suppose what I'm getting at is, it is hard to keep everyone happy in a squad. I've been reading other threads and people are questioning why we are buying and then loaning players out straight away (Clark, Ashton etc). I guess that's just the nature of the business and that's what a squad is, some play some don't. It's a fine balance, one im glad i don't have to make every week.

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 31 Jan 2018, 13:00

I'd much rather see our squad players who aren't in the 1st choice 17 playing together in regular A team fixtures but as things stand the only opportunity for them to get actual game time is to send them out on loan.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 31 Jan 2018, 13:39

When we signed Lo, it was stated then that the intention was to send him out on loan to Sheffield. Had a good World Cup but he needs game time and with Eden, Minikin, Clare and Hitchcox in the mix, we're well stacked.

People like Clark and Lo need to be playing at the highest level but the likelihood is that if Halifax don't need them or don't want them, our next port of call is to loan them out to someone else in the Championship.

I wouldn't want them to be playing up at Newcastle as we learnt with Oxford, that level doesn't benefit us. Much rather see our young kids going there and getting first grade experience.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 31 Jan 2018, 15:21

Lo showed in the World cup that ball in hand he was hard to stop. Also in the same tournament, his tackling and defensive game was lacking. May get sorted out, by going out on loan, hopefully that will happen ,and we may have a world class winger.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 31 Jan 2018, 15:31

fast hands wrote:Lo showed in the World cup that ball in hand he was hard to stop. Also in the same tournament, his tackling and defensive game was lacking. May get sorted out, by going out on loan, hopefully that will happen ,and we may have a world class winger.
The fact we signed him from Sheffield and him going back to Sheffield, doesn't fill me with hope that he will return with a better defencive game.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 31 Jan 2018, 15:33

heritage1926 wrote:
fast hands wrote:Lo showed in the World cup that ball in hand he was hard to stop. Also in the same tournament, his tackling and defensive game was lacking. May get sorted out, by going out on loan, hopefully that will happen ,and we may have a world class winger.
The fact we signed him from Sheffield and him going back to Sheffield, doesn't fill me with hope that he will return with a better defencive game.
True.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 31 Jan 2018, 17:15

Doesn't bode well to me. Can't see how going to Sheff for a month will change much. Is he up to it? I hope so but not confident.
Green looks decent. I assume Wardle will be good. Ellis a result of Zak situation. but a decent player. Clare, Aston, Lo and Clark squad players at best by the looks. I really hope recruitment is not our shortcoming this year.
Will be very happy to be wrong. Confidence fading slightly as season looms. Somebody convince me otherwise...

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 31 Jan 2018, 17:40

Have we all forgotten 2 years ago when we ended up with McMeeken in the centres and Milner on the wing and having to sign the likes of Paddy Flynn on loan ?

I'd imagine that players like Lo and Clarke will have benefited from our pre-season and will continue to train with us full time, so if an injury crisis hits at least we'll have some match fit replacements who know our system and could theoretically slot straight in if needed.

My main worry is the unavoidable situation at full back as it's unlikely that Benny will play 30 odd games and our replacement options are frankly below par.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 31 Jan 2018, 23:36

Spanishtiger wrote:Have we all forgotten 2 years ago when we ended up with McMeeken in the centres and Milner on the wing and having to sign the likes of Paddy Flynn on loan ?

I'd imagine that players like Lo and Clarke will have benefited from our pre-season and will continue to train with us full time, so if an injury crisis hits at least we'll have some match fit replacements who know our system and could theoretically slot straight in if needed.

My main worry is the unavoidable situation at full back as it's unlikely that Benny will play 30 odd games and our replacement options are frankly below par.
Agree with you about FB/Benny.

Maybe DP is waiting for the ZH ban confirmation/outcome before solving that conundrum....

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 01 Feb 2018, 00:47

SuffolkTiger wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:Have we all forgotten 2 years ago when we ended up with McMeeken in the centres and Milner on the wing and having to sign the likes of Paddy Flynn on loan ?

With fear of sounding like gateman (no offence) maybe DP has faith in the u19s fullback?

Agree with you about FB/Benny.

Maybe DP is waiting for the ZH ban confirmation/outcome before solving that conundrum....

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 01 Feb 2018, 09:21

Clark Low and Ashton out on loan. i would not be surprised if one of the championship clubs have not made enquiry's about Egodos availability this lad would be a star in that completion the way he as showed in the few opportunities he as had in the first team for us,

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 25 Feb 2018, 16:21

Is Lo injured not in the Sheffield 17 today or maybe could start on Thursday.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 25 Feb 2018, 16:43

Mucky1978 wrote:Is Lo injured not in the Sheffield 17 today or maybe could start on Thursday.
Can't see him starting over Jy
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnboy » 25 Feb 2018, 17:58

Having watched Fev v Eagles today would say that Mitch Clark looked good but Aston was totally shown up by Tommy Holmes.

(and Fev toilets are brilliant. Clean, wash basins, hand driers, cubicle doors with locks.)
Be reasonable - do it my way!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Feb 2018, 18:08

gateman wrote:Clark Low and Ashton out on loan. i would not be surprised if one of the championship clubs have not made enquiry's about Egodos availability this lad would be a star in that completion the way he as showed in the few opportunities he as had in the first team for us,

surely so, no good him sitting in the stands unless Powell thinks he's very close to first team action.

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 25 Feb 2018, 18:58

I would bring back lo and put him in the side for H K R powerful winger and will be a good run out for him

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Feb 2018, 19:04

johnboy wrote:Having watched Fev v Eagles today would say that Mitch Clark looked good but Aston was totally shown up by Tommy Holmes.

(and Fev toilets are brilliant. Clean, wash basins, hand driers, cubicle doors with locks.)
Quick get them in super league then :lol:

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 25 Feb 2018, 19:07

heritage1926 wrote:
All the loanees train full time with Cas. That's where their technique, fitness etc is going to develop and improve. They are on loan to get game time.
cum on you Ford