Article On ZH in The Guardian

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
The Lone Deranger

Re: Article On ZH in The Guardian

Post by The Lone Deranger » 06 Feb 2018, 14:51

Good words. It is easy to call the young lad stupid, however few know how things are in his head. We are all human and deserve compassion and understanding.

Hiddentiger

Post by Hiddentiger » 06 Feb 2018, 21:01

Lot's of 'intelligent' people do 'stupid' things.

Not all people who die either directly or indirectly from drug misuse are 'stupid' - many are frightened or depressed or lonely or hopeless.

Only ZH and (maybe) the people closest to him know what's going on his head. He may be a brilliant rugby player but he's also a vulnerable young man (because of pressure and expectation and fear of failure and ...)

Unless you are in that position yourself (and no one else can be because no one else is Zak Hardaker) how do you know how you'd behave?

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 07 Feb 2018, 02:45

Flat Capper wrote:
Adelaide Tigurrrr! wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:If you had parked on yellow lines or got caught speeding and then were told if you did it again you would lose your job for 2/4 years would you do it again?

If you knew that the authorities were going to check you out regularly would you do it again?

I rather think not unless you were totally stupid.
ZH has never been caught taking banned substances though has he so this is a first.
Oh I see, because it is his first time being caught for taking a banned substance it is all Ok.

Why don't we celebrate the fact it is his first time by holding a party for him. Or better still double his pay.
Well as I seem to keep getting battered for offering common sense and suggesting the rules should be followed to the letter of the law, not allowing you to pick and choose when rules should be overlooked, I'll try to summarise my points:

* We all make mistakes or deliberately push the rules in the hope we don't get caught, not always the same rule and some are more serious than others.
* If we get caught we should take the appropriate level of punishment as defined by the rules.
* Once we've complete our punishment we are permitted to carry on living to the rules.

It's fairly simple folks but thankfully we've stopped drowning witches, hanging & quartering folk and sticking red hot pokers where the sun doesn't shine!
I have never said rules should be overlooked. I believe rules, when broken should be implemented fully.

1. Of course we all make mistakes or try to circumvent rules in creative ways. The point of all these threads is that the rule Zak appears to have broken is a rule that everyone in RL knows can mean a 2 year ban. But people still seem to be supporting him for what he has done.
2. I agree. If he is banned then so be it.
3. I have no oroblem with him resuming his career in RL. I just dont believe it should be at Cas.

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 07 Feb 2018, 02:50

Hiddentiger wrote:Lot's of 'intelligent' people do 'stupid' things.

Not all people who die either directly or indirectly from drug misuse are 'stupid' - many are frightened or depressed or lonely or hopeless.

Only ZH and (maybe) the people closest to him know what's going on his head. He may be a brilliant rugby player but he's also a vulnerable young man (because of pressure and expectation and fear of failure and ...)

Unless you are in that position yourself (and no one else can be because no one else is Zak Hardaker) how do you know how you'd behave?
As someone that has had to live with a family member that suffered severe depression I understand how it can affecr someines life and those around them. Years ago some people were afraid to get help because of the stigma associated with the illness.

But since the tragic death of Terry Newton the RL has continually encouraged players to seek advice and help.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 07 Feb 2018, 13:19

I have never said rules should be overlooked. I believe rules, when broken should be implemented fully.

1. Of course we all make mistakes or try to circumvent rules in creative ways. The point of all these threads is that the rule Zak appears to have broken is a rule that everyone in RL knows can mean a 2 year ban. But people still seem to be supporting him for what he has done.
3. I have no oroblem with him resuming his career in RL. I just dont believe it should be at Cas.
Some have suggested that certain rules are deemed suitable to break as the consequences aren't as severe.

Furthermore, I do not support Zak for what he did; my point is clear - he should be banned for two years.

The worst case scenario for me is that he chooses to return to a RL career but not at Cas. From Cas' perspective that truly would be cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Punishment served and legally free to ply his trade there's no reason why that shouldn't be at Cas and I'm sure if that does happen we will see the benefits.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 07 Feb 2018, 15:52

Flat Capper wrote:

Some have suggested that certain rules are deemed suitable to break as the consequences aren't as severe.

Furthermore, I do not support Zak for what he did; my point is clear - he should be banned for two years.

The worst case scenario for me is that he chooses to return to a RL career but not at Cas. From Cas' perspective that truly would be cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Punishment served and legally free to ply his trade there's no reason why that shouldn't be at Cas and I'm sure if that does happen we will see the benefits.
You’ve made some excellent points FC and I fully agree.
Some don’t and be it that they don’t want drug cheats/users in sport at all or playing for Cas. But once his ban is up, I’d prefer him at Cas in Super League than any other team.

Long live the Tigers!!!