Castleford Tigers head of youth resigned

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Castleford Tigers head of youth resigned

Post by fords » 19 Jan 2018, 14:44

Johnlewis1920 wrote:Castleford Tigers head of youth resigned and heading to Warrington
He wants to update his twitter account then

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Jan 2018, 14:45

tigerfeat wrote:
gateman wrote:MCLELLAND, for me was the best of the last crop of players, the lad always impressed me, but when rugby union clubs come flashing the cash i don't think the club could have matched any were near the potential earnings he can expect from rugby union
Ive no idea what the union sq programne are paying him or what he was offered to stay at cas , but the interview he gave after it was announced he was leaving was one of the most interesting i saw last year and it was clear it wasnt all about money he talked of the need for teams to run a reserve grade young players getting caught always being on loan and the need for young players to see a clear pathway forward

Callum has been picked for the under 20s scotland squad

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Jan 2018, 14:50

Yes thats right he did say he was looking forward to playing in the under 20s world cup , anyway good luck to him came across to me as a nice lad
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 19 Jan 2018, 15:34

Just to dispel any conspiracy theory’s about DP not giving any youngsters a chance, in 2016 Conner Fitzimmons, Greg Minikin and Brandon Douglas made their Super League debuts and in 2017 Kieran Gill, Jacob Trueman and Touyo Egodo made their debuts also. So if someone can tell me a club who has given more debuts over the past two years I’d be interested to know

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 19 Jan 2018, 15:48

Shareholder wrote:Just to dispel any conspiracy theory’s about DP not giving any youngsters a chance, in 2016 Conner Fitzimmons, Greg Minikin and Brandon Douglas made their Super League debuts and in 2017 Kieran Gill, Jacob Trueman and Touyo Egodo made their debuts also. So if someone can tell me a club who has given more debuts over the past two years I’d be interested to know
Toronto? Leigh? Hull KR?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Jan 2018, 15:53

Wigan ?
Vince Lombardi

caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by caslad69 » 19 Jan 2018, 16:45

Just comment on what you said shareholder, all the players who you mentioned all has fantastic debuts. Let me ask you how many of them have been given another opportunity.not many will be the answer. No confidence shown by the club towards their development.

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 19 Jan 2018, 17:43

Well I’m no expert but with my limited knowledge , I know Greg Minikin had a great season last year and I’m sure young Trueman will play more games this year. As for Douglas , Egodo and Gill, I feel sure thy will get game time on loan as part of their development, after all a lot of players have to go on loan in the championship before their ready for the rigours of SL , Gale , Massey and Foster who are key players for ourselves are prime examples. What I have watched the club over a number of years, and will back any player who pulls a shirt on wether they come from Cas or PNG or wherever , we have been starved for success for a long time let’s enjoy the moment and not get hung up because a few kids have decided they have no future at the club. I out of interest I wonder what the costs are to run an academy and does the club get full value back for its investment .

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Jan 2018, 21:14

super league players do not just appear , most of them will have started playing at a very young age, my club Normanton Knights run 9 teams all staffed by dedicated people, the only reward they get is to see these kids aspire to their full potential , the lucky ones move into the academy's were the training they are given gets them ready to move on to the next level, to even think of not having academy teams is beyond me

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 20 Jan 2018, 01:45

fords wrote:
Johnlewis1920 wrote:Castleford Tigers head of youth resigned and heading to Warrington
He wants to update his twitter account then
Still waiting as are cas tigers and the wire

caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by caslad69 » 20 Jan 2018, 06:48

Now then TT... it would have been wrong of him to change his twitter account before he had even started for the wire. Just for your information he does not start till Monday. If he had changed it prior to leaving people would have been in his back saying he is still employed by cas so why has he changed it already. Sometimes I think people cannot win whatever they do.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 20 Jan 2018, 11:09

We announced we have signed players whilst still playing for other clubs if it’s known he is going I would have thought it would have been mentioned somewhere else other than just on this forum.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 20 Jan 2018, 14:05

TT Tiger wrote:We announced we have signed players whilst still playing for other clubs if it’s known he is going I would have thought it would have been mentioned somewhere else other than just on this forum.
So would I TT. If it is true then the least the bloke deserves is a proper announcement on the website wishing him well for the future and thanking him for what he's done.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Feb 2018, 15:05

Well this was certainly sneaked out without anyone noticing and no article on the club site:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.york ... 980778/amp

25th January!
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Feb 2018, 16:02

Quite embarrising from the club, what they think people are not going to find out?
Goes along with some of the other things ive being hearing unfortunatly
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 10 Feb 2018, 17:17

HuddsTigers wrote:Well this was certainly sneaked out without anyone noticing and no article on the club site:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.york ... 980778/amp

25th January!
Warrington announced it. Our great leaders didn’t deem us worthy.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 10 Feb 2018, 21:39

Unfortunately, one of the hallmarks of our club is poor communication.

To not announce the fact that Peter Riding was leaving/has left, thank him and wish him well is simply embarrassing and an indication of the levels of amateurism behind the scenes at times. Needs sorting.

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 10 Feb 2018, 23:04

Yeah, wasn't like our U19s made the GF last year either ! Mental.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Feb 2018, 09:30

He must have been doing something right for us to produce four internationals . not so many years ago with the season we had last year the bigger clubs would have been calling to strip us of our first team coaches and any player that they thought might complement their teams, i am surprised we have only lost people from our under 19s you cant spend loyalty sadly MONEY TALKS