More positive news....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

More positive news....

Post by SuffolkTiger » 02 Jan 2018, 20:53

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: More positive news....

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jan 2018, 09:16

Somebody showed my a video on there phone other day of leeds players singing sweet caroline in a bar id give that best post match celebration award
id save it play next time were about to trot out in next big final against them
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

wembley65

Post by wembley65 » 04 Jan 2018, 11:15

That's going to be a long time to save anything. Our chance to reach the GF was last year. We were very lucky to beat saints, who missed several conversations, and then put in our place by Leeds, the real professionals. We played some really eye catching rugby last year but never gave that 100% professional display. I feel it'll be a while before we get so lucky again.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 04 Jan 2018, 11:54

That lucky again.?!
I must have misunderstood we scored triies for fun.
Played the most exciting rugby l have ever had the privilege to watch.
We won the League by a clear ten points.
We were the talk of the sporting world.
Won MOS ,Coach of the Season etc.
Hetherington in his recent interview lauded praise on our Coach and style of rugby .
We were lucky against Saints but we made some of that luck makes a change from previous rub of the green.
The Grand Final we can all draw our own conclusions about the affect of losing such a pivotal player with little time to come up with a plan b and the impact on the rest of the team.
Would l swap last season for the other thirty eight l have watched no ,we have played some good rugby in the past but last year we broke the mould ,remember the anguish of how will we cope without Luke Dorn who will score the tries now Salamona has gone.
We got our answers.
Can we emulate it ,who knows but watching that one pointer go over against Saints and the ensuing rapturous response will live long in my mind and heart.
Thank you Daryl,Danny,Ryan,Steve Gill and all the boys for some wonderful,wonderful memories .
More of the same PLEASE.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 04 Jan 2018, 12:47

wembley65 wrote:That's going to be a long time to save anything. Our chance to reach the GF was last year. We were very lucky to beat saints, who missed several conversations, and then put in our place by Leeds, the real professionals. We played some really eye catching rugby last year but never gave that 100% professional display. I feel it'll be a while before we get so lucky again.
Great post, nice to hear we still have the moaners watching. ( probably a tv viewer) whatever this season brings there will be 7,000 fans shouting their praises to the team they love. We will still hear it from some 'I played the game, did you' and the one I know of who knows everything about rugby, because he played in school team, will be shouting again 'get it out wide, get it out wide' when we have already scored under the posts. Can't wait for season to start, to hear the praise and moans, but most of all the forum and differing views from the posters. :D :D :D

wembley65

Post by wembley65 » 04 Jan 2018, 17:14

I went to every home and away game last year, apart fro Catalans away. Did you? I'm not a moaner, just a realist. We're a small town club with a crap ground and attendances. We hit a purple patch when lots of the superior clubs like Wigan, Warrington, Saints had poor seasons. I hope I'm wrong, but, I think we'll struggle to make the top 4 in 2018.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 04 Jan 2018, 18:16

wembley65 wrote:I went to every home and away game last year, apart fro Catalans away. Did you? I'm not a moaner, just a realist. We're a small town club with a crap ground and attendances. We hit a purple patch when lots of the superior clubs like Wigan, Warrington, Saints had poor seasons. I hope I'm wrong, but, I think we'll struggle to make the top 4 in 2018.
Very few of us are realists and we usually fall into one of two categories - over optimistic or over pessimistic.

You certainly fall into the latter...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 04 Jan 2018, 18:17

wembley65 wrote:I went to every home and away game last year, apart fro Catalans away. Did you? I'm not a moaner, just a realist. We're a small town club with a crap ground and attendances. We hit a purple patch when lots of the superior clubs like Wigan, Warrington, Saints had poor seasons. I hope I'm wrong, but, I think we'll struggle to make the top 4 in 2018.

have faith , the other teams will have to have come on a lot and we will have to have a reversal of form, Warrington if their new signings jell might be pushing for a top four , Wigans signings don't inspire, for me Leeds will miss some of the players that have moved on, St Helens look the biggest threat their new coach had them buzzing towards the back end of last season

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 04 Jan 2018, 18:20

Surely a realist can only be called a realist if everything he/she/it says happens and becomes reality.

I wonder how "Realist" he thought we would have been at the beginning of last season? I bet it was nothing like or nowhere near what he/she/it thought.

Betting is the same thoughts for this season were very similar or worse.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 04 Jan 2018, 18:59

Jesus! Tha makes Alftupper look like Hudds tiger with these posts old lad! Are you definitely a cas fan? I’m not convinced :shock:

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 04 Jan 2018, 19:01

This season is all about did we punch above our weight last year and with that this year we will find our rightful place or was it the start of a dynasty of classy cas. We will soon find out .... Personally i believe the loss of zak will be massive .Roberts not a full back and when you consider how much play goes via our full back its a massive responsibility hes got as well as defending

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 04 Jan 2018, 19:40

daytona wrote:
Jesus! Tha makes Alftupper look like Hudds tiger with these posts old lad! Are you definitely a cas fan? I’m not convinced :shock:

Best post I have seen in ages. Quality. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 04 Jan 2018, 20:16

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
daytona wrote:

Totally agree top post. Hilarious!!

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 04 Jan 2018, 20:32

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
daytona wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 04 Jan 2018, 20:57

fast hands wrote:
wembley65 wrote:That's going to be a long time to save anything. Our chance to reach the GF was last year. We were very lucky to beat saints, who missed several conversations, and then put in our place by Leeds, the real professionals. We played some really eye catching rugby last year but never gave that 100% professional display. I feel it'll be a while before we get so lucky again.
Great post, nice to hear we still have the moaners watching. ( probably a tv viewer) whatever this season brings there will be 7,000 fans shouting their praises to the team they love. We will still hear it from some 'I played the game, did you' and the one I know of who knows everything about rugby, because he played in school team, will be shouting again 'get it out wide, get it out wide' when we have already scored under the posts. Can't wait for season to start, to hear the praise and moans, but most of all the forum and differing views from the posters. :D :D :D
Made me chuckle that... thank you (needed it after a miserable day on the roads in the south east) :lol: :clap:

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 04 Jan 2018, 21:37

My word ... I can only think that you've just finished off the mulled wine...

Lucky?

Yeah we lost a 10 point lead in the latter stages but found the fortitude to dig deep and still come back and win - something we would never, ever have done before in the past......

Crap ground?

It's the best ground on Superleague for atmosphere when it's rocking, who cares what it looks like?

Crap attendances?

It's 3 quarters full every home game, what would Salford, Huddersfield, Leigh et al give for that?

In the words of this year's best seller

" I Carn't Speke "

wembley65

Post by wembley65 » 04 Jan 2018, 21:48

daytona wrote:
Give that man a coconut!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 04 Jan 2018, 22:12

crap or no crap 27 sleeps before we take on the Saints i for one cant wait, COME ON YE FORD

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 04 Jan 2018, 23:33

wembley65 wrote:
daytona wrote:
Give that man a coconut!
Anyway, who played at Wembley in 65?

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 05 Jan 2018, 10:35

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
wembley65 wrote:
daytona wrote:
Give that man a coconut!
Anyway, who played at Wembley in 65?
I think it was Hunslet v Wigan, so maybe a Hunslet supporter?
Danny Boy