Zak's return?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Zak's return?

Post by fords » 17 Dec 2017, 20:01

takethetwo wrote:I too thought you couldn't be suspended without pay.
Unless a disciplinary has taken place of course.

You can be suspended without pay if your employment contract says your employer can do this, but they must be acting reasonably. If your employment contract doesn't say your employer can do this, your employer may still be able to suspend you, but with pay.

No doubt all players will have the above in their contract about not taking illegal substance.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 18 Dec 2017, 00:31

It is worth remembering that when the UK drugs authority come back with the two year ban, that the two years does not start from that day. it starts from the Thursday before the Grand final over 10 weeks ago, the day when the RFL, the club and player were told about the failed drug test.
So if the £100,000 Hardaker salary is correct he will have pocketed nearly £20,000 since then. And it could be a fair few more weeks before we hear of the ban. I suppose the club could ask him for it all back?
cum on you Ford

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 18 Dec 2017, 10:22

If he isnt "Banned" by the authorities why didnt he play in the GF?

Why did the club choose to "Suspend" him without his hearing having taken place?

If he is suspended, banned if you like, and he is then given 2 years then why will the club stick by him?

If yhey want to "Stick by him" then surelt he should be on a business as usual until proven guilty?

Not a criticism because I would have picked him and carried until his hearing. Much the same way as people are allowed to go to work until their coyrt hearings.

What if he is found not guilty?

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 18 Dec 2017, 11:27

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:If he isnt "Banned" by the authorities why didnt he play in the GF?

Why did the club choose to "Suspend" him without his hearing having taken place?

If he is suspended, banned if you like, and he is then given 2 years then why will the club stick by him?

If yhey want to "Stick by him" then surelt he should be on a business as usual until proven guilty?

Not a criticism because I would have picked him and carried until his hearing. Much the same way as people are allowed to go to work until their coyrt hearings.

What if he is found not guilty?
Some people are remanded on bail and others can’t go to work depending on their job. Would a pharmacist accused of steeling prescription drugs be allowed back to work a Boots? I very much doubt it. If you are accused of taking performance enhancing durgs the obvious thing is that you have to be suspended pending investigation.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 18 Dec 2017, 12:12

Jayden nikorima has been done for failing a 2nd drugs test and only has a 12 match ban...bit like barbers so does it give hope for zak not to get 2 years

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 18 Dec 2017, 12:21

Bolton-tiger wrote:Jayden nikorima has been done for failing a 2nd drugs test and only has a 12 match ban...bit like barbers so does it give hope for zak not to get 2 years
It was outside of competition so no.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Dec 2017, 13:15

Bolton-tiger wrote:Jayden nikorima has been done for failing a 2nd drugs test and only has a 12 match ban...bit like barbers so does it give hope for zak not to get 2 years
NO

How may more times do we have to go over this issue

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 18 Dec 2017, 20:44

Anybody else heard that Zak has signed for Wigan when his ban expires ?

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 18 Dec 2017, 21:31

load of round spherical objects

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 18 Dec 2017, 21:48

Tigerade wrote:Anybody else heard that Zak has signed for Wigan when his ban expires ?
I have heard he was in talks with Wigan as Cas have terminated his contract.

Came from someone that should know.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Dec 2017, 21:51

Davc1h wrote:
Tigerade wrote:Anybody else heard that Zak has signed for Wigan when his ban expires ?
I have heard he was in talks with Wigan as Cas have terminated his contract.

Came from someone that should know.
I did put in the rumours thread last week that wigan had approached him but he didnt want to go there ..maybe things have changed
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Dec 2017, 10:54

It would cost them a few quid. A player on a long contract. Depending on his Cas deal with him, he may want to get it off the area.

Personally I wouldn't have thought he'd be leaving until we know what's happening.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 19 Dec 2017, 11:34

mart0042 wrote:It would cost them a few quid. A player on a long contract. Depending on his Cas deal with him, he may want to get it off the area.

Personally I wouldn't have thought he'd be leaving until we know what's happening.
Why do you think "he'd cost them a few quid"? If Cas terminate his contract he'll immediately become a free agent I'd assume. I did mention this the other day, Cas are in an unenviable position.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 19 Dec 2017, 11:52

If Cas terminate his contract he'll immediately become a free agent I'd assume.
I don't think Cas would terminate his contract. We would keep his registration and if Wigan came in for him they would have to pay out.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 19 Dec 2017, 12:06

Tigerade wrote:
I don't think Cas would terminate his contract. We would keep his registration and if Wigan came in for him they would have to pay out.
If they don't terminate his contract then wouldn't they be obliged to pay him?

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 19 Dec 2017, 12:43

JIN JER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
Yes but not the full amount as he had breached his terms and conditions of the contract

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 19 Dec 2017, 12:49

TT Tiger wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
Yes but not the full amount as he had breached his terms and conditions of the contract
I'd presume it's an all or nothing scenario, I can't imagine they can partially cancel a contract, can they?

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 19 Dec 2017, 12:55

JIN JER wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
I'd presume it's an all or nothing scenario, I can't imagine they can partially cancel a contract, can they?
Surely Cas can terminate his contract but still hold Zaks registration, when his ban is up then we are in a position to renogatiate the terms of his contract.
Wigan didn't pay Hock when he was banned but still held his rgistration and he still remained on the Wigan books and contract was dealt with on his return to playing.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Dec 2017, 12:58

If we think of paying his reported contract of 100,000 for the next two years and the 150,000 he cost to buy, with him not playing it must be the worst bit of business with no fault of their own the club have ever done

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Dec 2017, 13:39

JIN JER wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
They would probably agree a figure of pay during his ban and then normal pay would resume when that expires. He will be in breach of his contract as it stands i would think.

Unless Cas decide to terminate it full stop now and then he can sign for anybody for free when his ban expires.
That would be daft business though in my eyes as we have just wasted 150K.

Benny will be 34 in 2yrs so probably retire. Clare is ok as backup. That would leave the under 19's FB as our only FB who will be 21 by then. Meaning we have to go find a new one if we let Zak go in the next 2 yrs or give the job to Turner and spend the cash elsewhere.