Zak's return?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Zak's return?

Post by cogito ergo sum » 21 Dec 2017, 23:12

Max n paddy wrote:Still mixed on the subject, he’s obviously not a strong person who can say no or no to his mates ! Bit of me frustrated, I don’t blame him completely for the loss tbh but my biggest gripe is why o why couldn’t he wait a few years while his career was over, then he could have taken as much talc as he wanted.
Top and bottom of it is that he's thick, with no sense of consequence about his choices.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 22 Dec 2017, 09:50

Max n paddy wrote:Still mixed on the subject, he’s obviously not a strong person who can say no or no to his mates ! Bit of me frustrated, I don’t blame him completely for the loss tbh but my biggest gripe is why o why couldn’t he wait a few years while his career was over, then he could have taken as much talc as he wanted.
Why not wait a couple of weeks till after the GF? At least then he'd have had eight weeks out of competition, that's why my opinion of him is arrogance, he thought he could get away with it.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 22 Dec 2017, 10:34

This also tells you the low level of his friends when they probably indulge and encourage his participation in the taking of the idiot powder. Zak seriously needs to look at them and ask himself if they’re worth throwing his career away for, if, the answers yes then jog on and enjoy your life in the gutter. People I know strive to make something of themselves, but, I’ve never known anyone who wants to make an idiot of themselves, and, so publicly too.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Jan 2018, 18:55

Former Dewsbury Rams player Donald Kudangirana has been banned from all sport for 3 years 7 seven months (until 29/8/2020) following a positive drugs test. He was provisionally suspended on 30/1/2017.

If Zak’s suspension takes this long , he’s gonna be waiting a long time for his out come.
Ridiculous.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 03 Jan 2018, 19:03

Ryan Bailey has had his ban overturned

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 03 Jan 2018, 19:16

TT Tiger wrote:Ryan Bailey has had his ban overturned
Too thick to get the needle in!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jan 2018, 19:48

Jake livermore who was in the headlines last night after some idiot made a shocking remark to him is a interesting case where mitigating circumstancee led to a drugs ban not being sancitoned
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Jan 2018, 20:16

tigerfeat wrote:Jake livermore who was in the headlines last night after some idiot made a shocking remark to him is a interesting case where mitigating circumstancee led to a drugs ban not being sancitoned
In Jake Livermore’s case, he had clear evidence of severe depression and mental health difficulties due to the death of his child 12 months before his positive test.
He took cocaine immediately following the inquest that found the death of his child was avoidable.

Unless there is something we don’t know about, Zak’s case isn’t comparable.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 03 Jan 2018, 20:26

nottinghamtiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Jake livermore who was in the headlines last night after some idiot made a shocking remark to him is a interesting case where mitigating circumstancee led to a drugs ban not being sancitoned
In Jake Livermore’s case, he had clear evidence of severe depression and mental health difficulties due to the death of his child 12 months before his positive test.
He took cocaine immediately following the inquest that found the death of his child was avoidable.

Zak has had personal issues, but this was a issue that lead to him leaving Leeds. It's not something I'd want to happen to anyone. No excuse for what he did over a year later though.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Jan 2018, 20:31

Casmoley wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Zak has had personal issues, but this was a issue that lead to him leaving Leeds. It's not something I'd want to happen to anyone. No excuse for what he did over a year later though.
If he’d tested positive in the immediately following this issue he may have had an argument. But as you say, not over a year later.
He’s more likely to get off like Bailey.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jan 2018, 20:31

I know all about the jake livermore case tragic one it was indeed im saying if a ban is immopsed on hardaker there will be a appeal citing mitigating circumstances im not judge and jury just telling you what will happen
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Jan 2018, 21:09

Can anyone shed any light on why it is taking so long before ZAK is in front of the powers that be ?? It seems ages since Walker from Wakefield was tested positive he as not been up as yet, It seems far from fare to keep the defendants and every other person with a vested interest waiting

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 03 Jan 2018, 21:44

gateman wrote:Can anyone shed any light on why it is taking so long before ZAK is in front of the powers that be ?? It seems ages since Walker from Wakefield was tested positive he as not been up as yet, It seems far from fare to keep the defendants and every other person with a vested interest waiting
You need a hobby lol

We'll find out when we find out
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Jan 2018, 21:54

the machine wrote:
gateman wrote:Can anyone shed any light on why it is taking so long before ZAK is in front of the powers that be ?? It seems ages since Walker from Wakefield was tested positive he as not been up as yet, It seems far from fare to keep the defendants and every other person with a vested interest waiting
You need a hobby lol

accept my apologies matey for asking a question it was not meant to upset anyone

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 03 Jan 2018, 22:18

gateman wrote:
the machine wrote:
You need a hobby lol

accept my apologies matey for asking a question it was not meant to upset anyone
You've certainly not upset anyone let alone me don't worry about that lol

Sooner the season starts the better ey lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

brodie123

Post by brodie123 » 03 Jan 2018, 22:22

Zac will get two years. It's alledged he had the same issues at Leeds, they can take their time to disclose the punishment, simply he's not going anywhere shortly. Why would the best full back in RL leave the most successful club in super league the best supported club in super league where the supporters idolised him unless he did something wrong, why have we got to give him another chance, he will not learn . The only defence he has is that he is stupid and thinks he won't get caught until the next time. He had more written warnings at Leeds than anyone else at the club. The guy doesn't learn he has nothing between his ears. No sympathy for anyone taking drugs, he should be kicked out of the club as an example to young kids that drugs don't belong in our sport.
Ryan Bailey totally different he was given bottles of water with the seal broken, would you drink water from bottles with seals broken, he took another test a couple of days later and they was clear. A drug cheat would have failed his second test.
The footballer total different story yes he got away with it but would be banned if caught a second time, Zac did not have any of these issues so let's not assume he did. Zac should be sacked and he needs to get a proper job like the rest of us and learn that you should never kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 03 Jan 2018, 22:50

brodie123 wrote:Zac will get two years. It's alledged he had the same issues at Leeds, they can take their time to disclose the punishment, simply he's not going anywhere shortly. Why would the best full back in RL leave the most successful club in super league the best supported club in super league where the supporters idolised him unless he did something wrong, why have we got to give him another chance, he will not learn . The only defence he has is that he is stupid and thinks he won't get caught until the next time. He had more written warnings at Leeds than anyone else at the club. The guy doesn't learn he has nothing between his ears. No sympathy for anyone taking drugs, he should be kicked out of the club as an example to young kids that drugs don't belong in our sport.
Ryan Bailey totally different he was given bottles of water with the seal broken, would you drink water from bottles with seals broken, he took another test a couple of days later and they was clear. A drug cheat would have failed his second test.
The footballer total different story yes he got away with it but would be banned if caught a second time, Zac did not have any of these issues so let's not assume he did. Zac should be sacked and he needs to get a proper job like the rest of us and learn that you should never kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
he left Leeds to get away from personal life in England. I won't post details on here and I'm not defending what he has done at Cas as it's peed me off also. He mentioned in His interview pre season with Eddie the reasoning. Look back for it if you want but I'm sure any one of us wouldn't deal with the news he got well.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Jan 2018, 23:06

Casmoley wrote:
brodie123 wrote:Zac will get two years. It's alledged he had the same issues at Leeds, they can take their time to disclose the punishment, simply he's not going anywhere shortly. Why would the best full back in RL leave the most successful club in super league the best supported club in super league where the supporters idolised him unless he did something wrong, why have we got to give him another chance, he will not learn . The only defence he has is that he is stupid and thinks he won't get caught until the next time. He had more written warnings at Leeds than anyone else at the club. The guy doesn't learn he has nothing between his ears. No sympathy for anyone taking drugs, he should be kicked out of the club as an example to young kids that drugs don't belong in our sport.
he left Leeds to get away from personal life in England. I won't post details on here and I'm not defending what he has done at Cas as it's peed me off also. He mentioned in His interview pre season with Eddie the reasoning. Look back for it if you want but I'm sure any one of us wouldn't deal with the news he got well.
Thing his he’s back with that same person.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 03 Jan 2018, 23:30

he is indeed.

princeka01
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by princeka01 » 04 Jan 2018, 09:49

I am getting bored of the Zak chat on if he should go or stay etc.., i for one have no sympathy at all... its laughable that people say "he needs help" ... fact is he doesn't.. hes a young lad that goes out all the time gets drunk with mates outside of rugby etc ...he shares everything he does on social media and you have to be an idiot to not tell the difference between he enjoys a drink and going out all the time to he needs help...

A lot of fans are happy to welcome him back with open arms and say ' well we all make mistakes' ...
In the real world that doesn't happen in my job i get random tests i know the severity of what would happen if i was to take a banned substance... In the real world i would not get a second chance and would get laughed at if i said 'im sorry its a mistake' .... no matter what state you get in you are still in control and you know what you are doing and what consequences there are... its like cheating .. people say its a mistake but they know what they are doing and take the risk.

For me as a club get rid move on because we have fallen for the im sorry i will not do it again with previous players and as a result suffered..

30+ other squad members know the rules its not hard... take his contract and give it to someone who takes the job serious and wants to play for the badge