Cory Aston

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Cory Aston

Post by gateman » 13 Dec 2017, 10:24

I have had the same feed back RE Garry LO from the FEATH fans in our club, I have not heard them mention CORRY both lads will have my 100% support

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 13 Dec 2017, 11:35

Well am going to give the lad a chance . At the end of the day hes only 22 and played 75 + games in the championship if the coaching team think they can improve him great , if not i don't think hes going to break the bank plus 1 year ago Leeds beat a number of super-league clubs to sign him so they must have seen potential in the lad ..

Fev1983

Post by Fev1983 » 14 Dec 2017, 15:50

Seriously don’t know why you have signed this lad,,the lad is average championship at best..
When Leeds loaned him to us he said I’m only coming to Fev for game time I want to be in rhinos first team,now ambition is one thing but he is deluded..
Why did Leeds sign him?? I reckon an old pals act with heatherington and mark Aston because no way has he ever had or will have the ability to be a super league regular..
We even sent him back to Leeds who then sent him to Bradford,,
The lad can kick a goal other than that I’m baffled at why you’ve got him.i know dp can turn an average player in to a class player but I can see it here.
I bet he plays in our Boxing Day game and then won’t feature all season
Must admit I’m happy with tom Holmes coming to Fev,,,

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 Dec 2017, 18:55

HuddsTigers wrote: Be good to see how he develops with experienced players like Roberts and Gale guiding him.
As apposed to Burrows n Maguire guiding him?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 14 Dec 2017, 20:43

Fev1983 wrote:Seriously don’t know why you have signed this lad,,the lad is average championship at best..
When Leeds loaned him to us he said I’m only coming to Fev for game time I want to be in rhinos first team,now ambition is one thing but he is deluded..
Why did Leeds sign him?? I reckon an old pals act with heatherington and mark Aston because no way has he ever had or will have the ability to be a super league regular..
We even sent him back to Leeds who then sent him to Bradford,,
The lad can kick a goal other than that I’m baffled at why you’ve got him.i know dp can turn an average player in to a class player but I can see it here.
I bet he plays in our Boxing Day game and then won’t feature all season
Must admit I’m happy with tom Holmes coming to Fev,,,

Very fair and accurate post. Perhaps he will be loaned to Sheffield or sent on duel reg to Halifax. Either way it doesn't really add up to a reason of us signing him.

eastleedscasfan

Post by eastleedscasfan » 15 Dec 2017, 00:08

Would you really trust anything someone from FEV said. Hope he rips them to shreds on boxing day

Fev1983

Post by Fev1983 » 16 Dec 2017, 20:02

eastleedscasfan wrote:Would you really trust anything someone from FEV said. Hope he rips them to shreds on boxing day
Just giving you lads my opinion,,you have the best side to watch in rugby league and this kid just ain't suited to that..
If I'm wrong in 2 years I gladly admit dp is a genius.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 16 Dec 2017, 20:30

To be fair I spoke to loads of fev fans over the summer and nobody rated Aston then, well before he came to us.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 16 Dec 2017, 20:48

This signing is even worse than James Clare. Embarrassing and a complete waste of money. Teams that want to challenge for the top trophies year in year out DO NOT sign players of this calibre.

Just before anyone spouts the "In Powell we trust" and the old line of "DP will work his magic" just think about what you say. DP is a quality top coach with a fantastic style of play but he aint no miracle worker. Some of these signings really are cheap and nasty.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Dec 2017, 22:27

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Teams that want to challenge for the top trophies year in year out DO NOT sign players of this calibre.
Just remind us who signed Aston prior to 2017 and how they fared on 7th October?
Or perhaps where the current Man of Steel was at the age of 22?

Aston hasn’t been signed to play in the first team immediately. He’s been signed as a young English half with some potential.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Dec 2017, 10:29

IF he follows this forum The lad must be feeling over whelmed with the support he is receiving on here , I shall sit back and see how he performs over the next 12 months after he as had the input of our coaching team, he as three ex very good half backs to show him how it should be done, if he as it in him it should soon show till then may i suggest we give him some slack

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 17 Dec 2017, 12:06

Good luck Corey hope you rip it up in a cas shirt.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Dec 2017, 15:30

You also have to view it in context of who he is replacing.

He isn’t a replacement for Tom Holmes but for Callum McLelland.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Dec 2017, 17:16

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Teams that want to challenge for the top trophies year in year out DO NOT sign players of this calibre.
n

Just remind us who signed Aston prior to 2017 and how they fared on 7th October?

Aston hasn’t been signed to play in the first team immediately. He’s been signed as a young English half with some potential.

And you just check out the reasons they signed this player from Sheffield. Old pals helping old pals. Not a "Rugby" signing.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 17 Dec 2017, 18:15

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
n

And you just check out the reasons they signed this player from Sheffield. Old pals helping old pals. Not a "Rugby" signing.

Are you seriously suggesting that DP has signed Cory Aston because he knows his dad??????? I cant spake!!!!!!
cum on you Ford

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 17 Dec 2017, 18:23

Leeds signed him to help Sheffield financial situation it's common knowledge

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Dec 2017, 19:25

Dez wrote:Leeds signed him to help Sheffield financial situation it's common knowledge
Is it? I believe that’s the common assumption by fans but I don’t think it was ever said like that or confirmed?

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 17 Dec 2017, 20:45

Out of all the poor/average pre season signings, this one takes the biscuit. A 2 yr deal as well. You only have to look at the glaring fact to see the calibre of the signing.... he waa released by a club that retired/released their existing 6 & 7, he didnt fill their boots as hes deemed not good enough, so why his he good enough for a 2 yr deal with us. I also know a Fev fan who states he's garbage, and preferred Thackeray & Briggs to Aston playing.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 17 Dec 2017, 21:22

Jonny1975 wrote:Out of all the poor/average pre season signings, this one takes the biscuit. A 2 yr deal as well. You only have to look at the glaring fact to see the calibre of the signing.... he waa released by a club that retired/released their existing 6 & 7, he didnt fill their boots as hes deemed not good enough, so why his he good enough for a 2 yr deal with us. I also know a Fev fan who states he's garbage, and preferred Thackeray & Briggs to Aston playing.
Leeds released Gale too without him ever playing a game. He didn’t turn out too bad in the end.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Dec 2017, 00:43

Leeds also have Jordan Lilley who they probably put more faith in and prefer, as well as signing a new experienced half in Myler keeping faith with Moon at 6 and then also having Sutcliffe as cover.

The fact that Moon played so well at 6 meant they didn’t feel he was worth retaining.

Remember Leeds are probably the best run club in Super League. They have taken a hit on Aston by paying for him and then letting him go for free. On another note, interesting that in the article from when they signed him, Pete Smith wrote that Leeds beat off other SL clubs.

He’s a young English half back with potential. There’s not many of those around, and they are a VERY valuable commodity if you develop them.