Coaches with a point to prove in 2018...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Coaches with a point to prove in 2018...

Post by SuffolkTiger » 10 Dec 2017, 11:34

I've been impressed by how DP has conducted himself in his time at Cas - with both the highs and lows.

Winning the LLS, snatching a last minute winner in one of the most talked about games for decades in the semi v Saints. Then having to deal with the Zak issue ahead of a GF which resulted in him, the coaching staff, players and fans having to crawl from the wreckage of absolute disappointment. He has remained balanced throughout this and, to me anyway, appears to be steely and resolute that we will be knocking on the door again in 2018.

Coaches always feel the pressure but there are a few who really have a point to prove and I think this will heavily influence the season:

Justin Holbrook - is he really the saviour?
Shaun Wane - can he really coach at the top level with a fit but salary capped squad?
Steve Price - can he do a better job with an under performing squad than a proven Tony Smith?
Brian McDermott - can he keep Leeds at the top without another 2 club stalwarts leaving?

It's going to be a fascinating season and I still think that we've still got the best coach, CEO and coaching team in the sport to steer us through the challenging waters ahead.

Can't wait to get started....

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Coaches with a point to prove in 2018...

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Dec 2017, 11:40

I agree with you powell is the best coach but he himself as a point to prove should we get to another final his record in finals going back to his days at fev his not good
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi