players come and go

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

players come and go

Post by gateman » 04 Dec 2017, 09:48

over the years the amount of players I have watched in CAS colours must be in the top hundreds , in the past every time we have assembled a good squad other clubs have come round and taken players from us its great to see the players wanting to stay and the club retaining them, last night I was watching a DVD of the Wembley match when we played high flying Salford, Brain Lockwood Mall Reilly jonnie Ward Mick Redfern Heppy and Hardisty all played in that game all moved on later in their careers ,

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: players come and go

Post by old cas lass » 04 Dec 2017, 10:11

For players now a days because it's a professional sport they play the game for money, the best deal.
There's no wrapping there arms around the club with a passion and saying I'm so in love with it.

Yes we've had one or two who have done that, we also have players who have stayed 5yrs plus. We also have players who are in a comfort zone at the club.

I'm with you gateman, I've seen 100'some of players come and go.
Some I was gutted to see leave, some I cheered when they left.
I don't take things for granted, cos out of the blue if they have a better deal our top players could up sticks and bugger off.
At the moment we have become successful . So players are wanting to stay.
That could change in the twinkle of an eye.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 04 Dec 2017, 11:06

It helps we have a settled coaching team and ceo. The players are enjoying it, which makes it easy to retain them.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 04 Dec 2017, 14:18

It's the same in any sector one is employed in, you get employees promoted, you get some want a change, you get some disgruntled, you get some happy to stay.

Does an employer retain staff on sentiment?

When I left one job for another, my fellow employees had a whip round, my bosses wished me well. The days when one stayed loyal to one company for life are gone, Maggie saw to that. Everybody looks after number one nowadays.

Bruceboss16

Post by Bruceboss16 » 04 Dec 2017, 16:55

I realise it was several years ago but are we going to see a repeat of what happened after the Regal Trophy victory against Wigan?
We failed to strengthen the team and,in fact,some of the best players left!
So we didn’t push on!!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 04 Dec 2017, 20:55

I think the coach and board are going the right way now increasing existing contracts, on this years recruitment its my opinion we have replaced the players that's left by players that are as good if not better than the ones that have departed, the club could do nothing about Silly ZAK he is going to be missed, we have Brandon Douglas coming back from a successful loan spell, and I was told this morning that Oliver Holmes is fit and well and raring to go , 58 days to KO I for one cant wait , COME ON YE FORD

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 05 Dec 2017, 10:52

cogito ergo sum wrote:It's the same in any sector one is employed in, you get employees promoted, you get some want a change, you get some disgruntled, you get some happy to stay.

Does an employer retain staff on sentiment?

When I left one job for another, my fellow employees had a whip round, my bosses wished me well. The days when one stayed loyal to one company for life are gone, Maggie saw to that. Everybody looks after number one nowadays.
Sport had little room for sentiment. At Castleford, we give every opportunity but they've shown real strength by cutting players when needed and not being afraid to get rid.