James Clare

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

James Clare

Post by gateman » 22 Nov 2017, 21:17

it as been posted on here by different people that we have signed him, another says he as been training with the first team can anyone confirm if this is true as nothing as been mentioned about him from the club, I for one thought he was a decent player when he played for us last time, nothing spectacular but did his job

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Re: James Clare

Post by Tigerade » 22 Nov 2017, 22:19

Just to maybe shed a little light on the fact that we haven't announced the signing yet. I read recently that Salford were playing hard ball with some players that have left in the close season. Hull KR have complained about it. Basically it is an unwritten rule that as players are paid up to the end of November with their old club they shouldn't be training with the new club. Salford have stuck rigidly to the rule but as Hull KR state - it's commonly accepted within SL that if a player moves on in the close season that it is OK to start training with the new club. Details here :-

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/ru ... lne-785970

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 22 Nov 2017, 22:56

Clare was at Leigh last season and has supposedly signed for York ?

peter parker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by peter parker » 23 Nov 2017, 00:19

Tigerade wrote:Just to maybe shed a little light on the fact that we haven't announced the signing yet. I read recently that Salford were playing hard ball with some players that have left in the close season. Hull KR have complained about it. Basically it is an unwritten rule that as players are paid up to the end of November with their old club they shouldn't be training with the new club. Salford have stuck rigidly to the rule but as Hull KR state - it's commonly accepted within SL that if a player moves on in the close season that it is OK to start training with the new club. Details here :-

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/ru ... lne-785970
True. But we've announced signings of other players and surely that same ruling would apply to them too.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Nov 2017, 09:15

if a player is still being paid till the end of November the club that's paying the player may have a hold on him, but if he is not coming back I cant see much purpose in stopping him training with the club he as supposed to have moved on to , if he was turning out in a match that's a different kettle of fish

Distant tiger.

Post by Distant tiger. » 23 Nov 2017, 15:24

I think the problem is being a Leigh player upto the end of this month, he'll be insured by them. After this month he'll be our problem insurance wise.
Let's face it, Insurance Companies will always look for a reason not to pay out.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Nov 2017, 16:35

one of the worst kept secrets have been let out of the bag today that Mc Lelland as left the club, I wonder if James Clare will be announced this week as this as been another secret that's been doing the rounds

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 27 Nov 2017, 17:20

I don't think it was a secret, Cas offered him a contract and he refused it,

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 05 Dec 2017, 16:37

Official now
1 year deal.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 05 Dec 2017, 17:07

no mention of him playing fullback, only challenging for wing places where we already have plenty of cover?

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 05 Dec 2017, 18:07

Seems a strange acquisition with us having plenty of wing cover and I would have imagined the money could have been used more wisely than yet another wingman.
Welcome back James hope your injury woes of last season are all behind you.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 05 Dec 2017, 19:12

I wonder if Hitchcox is moving on. He’s good enough to claim a first team place at most clubs and would give us room on the non-fed quota.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 05 Dec 2017, 19:35

Never saw that one coming.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 05 Dec 2017, 20:18

So we now have eden minikin hitchcox lo egodo? clare and gill (in order imo) to cover the wing spots which is a bit excessive, dont understand the need to sign clare even if hitchcox was to leave. Baffling signing
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 05 Dec 2017, 20:31

jackknife wrote:So we now have eden minikin hitchcox lo egodo? clare and gill (in order imo) to cover the wing spots which is a bit excessive, dont understand the need to sign clare even if hitchcox was to leave. Baffling signing
Agreed and I can only think that one of those mentioned must be earmarked for fullback

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 05 Dec 2017, 20:48

I think James did play a few games at Bradford at full back if I remember rightly the lad was never short of pace I remember him winning us a match V hull when he went the length of the field, is he the answer to our full back vacancy only time will tell,

Le Van
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Le Van » 05 Dec 2017, 22:55

I know what Jamie Ellis said about Benny being moved to full back but now I'm thinking more along the lines of Eden to one which is where we signed him to play originally.

This will give us the opportunity to see what kind of season we would have had last time round if we hadn't signed Hardaker afterwards.

Obviously the number 5 shirt will be fought over by Clare, Lo & the other outside backs now.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 05 Dec 2017, 23:17

Le Van wrote:I know what Jamie Ellis said about Benny being moved to full back but now I'm thinking more along the lines of Eden to one which is where we signed him to play originally.

This will give us the opportunity to see what kind of season we would have had last time round if we hadn't signed Hardaker afterwards.

Obviously the number 5 shirt will be fought over by Clare, Lo & the other outside backs now.
Not a chance that will happen

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Dec 2017, 10:10

Gill looked a decent prospect in that game he played before he got injured if your not going to use the young players as even back ups there going to get [REMOVED] off and go somewhere else
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Dec 2017, 10:17

James Clare wont be our full back in my view. Cant see why we need cover on the wong either really unless there is something we dont know. If he is here as cover then why? He left originally for game time. He wont be in the strongest 17 so what has changed? Unlijely to get much game time until inhuries happen.

Roberts or Eden at full back isnt an easy one as whoever it is will need plenty of games to settle in. Its a key position and needs safe hands (Roberts) positional sense (Roberts) strong in defense (Roberts)and a burst of pace from a standing start (Roberts again for me). Eden isnt good enough as a full back as we have seen. However what is to say Roberts will be? Roberts far safer at 1 than Eden for me. Leave Eden where he is. No need to move him.

My only concern is we lose Roberts from 6 which would be detrimental to how we play. This would then mean we have Ellis at 6. No massive concerns with this but I see we would have to play a slightly different game on attack as Ellis isnt as explisive as Roberts. Overall not a great concern. We shall see.