Papua New Guinea v England

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Papua New Guinea v England

Post by Casmoley » 19 Nov 2017, 11:12

dude wrote:looks unfit to me, for a strong runner he didnt go looking for work like both our wingers did when having to clear our line.

let's remember he had suspected ligament damage 7 days ago and had a moon boot on all week.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 19 Nov 2017, 11:31

Looked fine to me. Certainly when he went about 50 yards straight down the middle and that was from about 50 yards away

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 19 Nov 2017, 13:04

Lo looks like a decent prospect but no more than that atm. Like any Cas player he will have my full support but from what I’ve seen I wouldn’t play him ahead of Minikin or even Jy atm. His positioning needs work both in defence & attack & he’s made some unforced errors. He looks like Justin Carney mark 2 - great physical attributes but not a natural footballer
& I would reserve judgement until he’s had a full pre-seasons training at least.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 19 Nov 2017, 16:34

Think when DP arrives back from Australia, Tuesday or Wednesday, his first job will be how he is going to learn Lo the basics of tackling. He and Lo have the benefit of 3 months learning, that's if Lo arrives before Christmas.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 19 Nov 2017, 18:15

fast hands wrote:Think when DP arrives back from Australia, Tuesday or Wednesday, his first job will be how he is going to learn Lo the basics of tackling. He and Lo have the benefit of 3 months learning, that's if Lo arrives before Christmas.

Lo is back 8th December.. with Eden & Minikin recovering from injuries DP asked him to come over early.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Nov 2017, 21:29

Casmoley wrote:
fast hands wrote:Think when DP arrives back from Australia, Tuesday or Wednesday, his first job will be how he is going to learn Lo the basics of tackling. He and Lo have the benefit of 3 months learning, that's if Lo arrives before Christmas.

Lo is back 8th December.. with Eden & Minikin recovering from injuries DP asked him to come over early.
What injuries are these ?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 19 Nov 2017, 21:36

fords wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

What injuries are these ?

both shoulder, Minikin had surgery, not sure if Eden did or not .

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Nov 2017, 10:12

I think I read that Eden had surgery , I suppose bringing Gary over early is for the club to show case him on boxing day he may help to boost the gate

Rogues Gallery

Post by Rogues Gallery » 20 Nov 2017, 12:41

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Bennett is clueless with England. We need a coach that knows SL inside out with a style that would test the Aussies.

Any suggestions folks?
Shaun Wane, he's beat them at club level as a player in the WCC, and also as a coach at the same level. Also won everything at all levels from U16's up to Superleague.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Nov 2017, 12:47

Well he should soon be available!