Next season

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Next season

Post by Aid » 16 Nov 2017, 21:33

As far as I am concerned in 2017 the Castleford Tigers were the Super League Champions. (Top of the table at the end of the season, 10 points clear, the best Super League team by a country mile) Leeds won the Super league Grand Final (which entailed winning two back to back games) Always was always will be!
cum on you Ford

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Nov 2017, 22:00

Tell that to the Rhinos fans who are still crowing about it the league weekly and league express I would love us to meet in the final next year and do a job on them

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 16 Nov 2017, 22:13

gateman wrote:Tell that to the Rhinos fans who are still crowing about it the league weekly and league express I would love us to meet in the final next year and do a job on them
Can only repeat;
As far as I am concerned in 2017 the Castleford Tigers were the Super League Champions. (Top of the table at the end of the season, 10 points clear, the best Super League team by a country mile) Leeds won the Super league Grand Final (which entailed winning two back to back games) Always was always will be!
cum on you Ford

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 16 Nov 2017, 22:33

As I see it DPs plan was to have a era of success for the club and I think I’m right in saying last season he said or gill that we were 2 years ahead of schedule.everything wasn’t just about last season it’s about the next 5 plus.this squad is too good to go the next 5 years trophy-less.i think we will Defo be targeting a trophy or two next season as the bar will be raised again by dp

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 17 Nov 2017, 07:53

Aid wrote:As far as I am concerned in 2017 the Castleford Tigers were the Super League Champions. (Top of the table at the end of the season, 10 points clear, the best Super League team by a country mile) Leeds won the Super league Grand Final (which entailed winning two back to back games) Always was always will be!
if it would have been the other way around you wouldnt be saying leeds are the champions. rules are rules and leeds are the champions. i dont agree with the we peaked too soon theory, you try to play your best every game and try to win each game by as much as you can too. id rather we went at it like last season, we was 1 poor peformance away from being champions.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Nov 2017, 09:43

I hope that 1 poor performance is still hurting the players like hell.
Cos I know I'm still hurting.
Let's hope they put it right next season.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Nov 2017, 11:00

I would imagine the players are hurting as much as us and they have to put the extra in to make sure it doesn't happen again. I think they will or they'll be out.

For me, my definition of an era is at least another 5 years of top 4 finishes, finals and the odd final win.

I would like us to have a season with no regrets and no loss of a man of steel at the end. Also no controversy.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Nov 2017, 18:26

We have made massive progress last season and usually you can expect to maybe equal or improve. However to improve or even match last year wont be easy and my expectations arent to beat what we did.

A top 3 finish, good cup run and in with a sniff of a GF will be a great season with a CC final win in there.

Then maybe GF win season after. Challenging thereafter would be 4/5 good seasons and I feel are realistic and achievable. Must keep DP and see some investment maybe to keep on track.